People turning on Dak after week 2?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
LOL..No

Down 35-17 with the ball in Denver territory, Beasley was running wide-open with no one near him, and he over throws it. Do i even have to mention those red zone throws to Dez last week?

What are some of you watching :facepalm:

Lest we forget, the OL took the day off, as well as others. QBs and RBs tend to struggle when protection and blocking breaks down. Dak is no exception. Additionally, the entire team laid an egg. It happens.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nah, some people in this thread and others have pretty much taken the position that it's unfair to blame Prescott and that in fact, it was the OL, the WRs and RBs who played bad and let Prescott down. If they had played better, Prescott would have been magnificent.

Even you kind of do it with your last sentence, when you say Dak's play could not be further from the reason we lost this game. Actually it's one of the prime reasons we lost this game today along with bad OL play. Even when he had time, he made some bad decisions with the ball and some really poor throws.

I think it's fair to say the entire team laid an egg, not just one or two guys here and there.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Turning on Dak or just admitting reality?

He's not been good the first two weeks. He was actually pretty horrible today.

That's just the reality. It doesn't mean he's now Brandon Weeden forever, but the first two games have done nothing to quell the belief that maybe last year was just the fluke year for Dak.

Spot on. Folks are acting like we played some unstoppable juggernaut. Denver is good but if a QB can't make a team pay for stacking the box then it's going to be a long season. Even on the few times when Dak threw downfield he threw it out of bounds and the receiver never really had a chance.

Dak is a good game manager who won't hurt his team when the running game is working and the D is playing well. But if this team is going to make any noise in the playoffs, he needs to show that he can carry this team when the need arises. Until then, teams are going to try to duplicate Denver's strategy on D until Prescott proves he can beat it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I expected people to turn on him. It was clear to me that the media and by proxy, the fans...have greatly raised the bar on him while lowering the bar on Wentz (NFL media always takes up for the Eagles).

I'd have to watch All-22 to see if he was being too cautious. I didn't think he played all that bad outside of the issues he and Dez were having. He's probably not a throw it 45 times, dink-n-dunk QB and the playcalling tried to fit that square peg into that round hole.

He's not as accurate as he was last year, but it takes time to get the tweaks to mechanics right. And if he showed us anything last year, he can bounce back. Hopefully the playcalling won't stymie him.

YR

diefree666

Reaction score
They are idiots. I don' pay them any mind. There was a group of fans......who wish Romo was still the QB.....and those fans wish ill on Dak. The root for him to do bad. So these guys have been sitting and waiting for a bad game and a bad loss to pop up....there haven't been many.....they couldn't do it last week...so they have arrived.
and what about those that cannot admit that Dak did not play well? Like you.

diefree666

Reaction score
Who said he was good today? I certainly didn't. I'm just pointing out that the way the offense has functioned the last two games (especially today) is not conducive to any young QB looking good.
talk about ignoring posts you don't want to see. There have been a dozen that all but said it was EVERYONE ELSES FAULT BUT DAKS.

The WHOLE TEAM STANK YESTERDAY DAK INCLUDED. PLUS THE COACHES.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Just for perspective for the Tony Romo lovers.

Second year- he had a five interception game vs a horrible Bills team and a 39 rating against the Eagles.

diefree666

Reaction score
He had plenty of talent, IIRC they were 13-3 that season with the best record in the NFC, he didn't do that all by himself. He had a golden opportunity to take the team to the SB but instead of focusing on football durimg the bye week in the playoffs, he decides to head off to Cabo to get his willy wet. As a result, the Giants (who we already beat twice that season) came into our stadium, beat us and went on to win the SB. Romo was horrible that game and I can't help but think the trip didn't have something to do with it.
You have a record as one of the more irrational Romo haters so no one takes any notice of you except to laugh.

Sydla

Reaction score
I expected people to turn on him. It was clear to me that the media and by proxy, the fans...have greatly raised the bar on him while lowering the bar on Wentz (NFL media always takes up for the Eagles).

I'd have to watch All-22 to see if he was being too cautious. I didn't think he played all that bad outside of the issues he and Dez were having. He's probably not a throw it 45 times, dink-n-dunk QB and the playcalling tried to fit that square peg into that round hole.

He's not as accurate as he was last year, but it takes time to get the tweaks to mechanics right. And if he showed us anything last year, he can bounce back. Hopefully the playcalling won't stymie him.

YR

He set the bar though. You can't praise Dak for an awesome rookie year and then get upset that expectations for year 2 are higher.

diefree666

Reaction score
Just for perspective for the Tony Romo lovers.

Second year- he had a five interception game vs a horrible Bills team and a 39 rating against the Eagles.
Yep. So now call out Dak for exactly the same thing. Its called honesty. Dak like everyone else on the team and on the staff sucked yesterday and an HONEST person can admit it.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have a record as one of the more irrational Romo haters so no one takes any notice of you except to laugh.

He's a Romo hater too? He clearly doesn't like Elliott either.

He smells more and more like a rival troll.

aria

Reaction score
You mean like laughing at that game last night and the threads saying how much better off we would be with Romo after one bad game by Dak? That's truly laughable.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Dak refuses to go down field a ton, and that limits the offense.

Who is Dak supposed to thrown downfield to?

The team lacks a WR that can stretch the field, blow the top off the defense.

Dez is essentially a possession receiver these days, Witten averages less than 10 yards a catch, Beasey is also a ~10yard per catch guy, etc.

There is painfully little speed in the WR/TE corp.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Dez is essentially a possession receiver these days, Witten averages less than 10 yards a catch, Beasey is also a ~10yard per catch guy, etc.

this narrative HAS to stop

Sydla

Reaction score

Unless Garrett is lying, there apparently were plays down the field, even in the intermediate range, that Dak missed or was hesitant to make a tight throw.

If that's true, that's a problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak refuses to go down field a ton, and that limits the offense. Denver was jumping the short stuff. Of all of those receivers, there has to be someone running one on one with someone, and he has to go there. This is what Brady does all game long, find the one on one and unload.

He probably refuses to go down field because no one is open down field.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He set the bar though. You can't praise Dak for an awesome rookie year and then get upset that expectations for year 2 are higher.

Romo never had a higher QBR in a single season than Dak. Brady only had 2 seasons with a higher QBR than Dak.

Essentially, the bar he already set was about as high as one can get and the media (and by proxy the fans) have set the bar so high that it's almost impossible to achieve.

It would be like beating the world record in the 100 meters and then people expecting you to beat that record and when you don't they think you're finished.

YR