People who have to GO

superonyx

Reaction score
Our "team" just fell apart this week. Winning wont fix this. TO has caused a situation where we have a split locker room. TNew now comes out opening his mouth. Other players are secretly coming out taking a side. How can this lead to good things for our "team"?
It is so clear and obvious that we need to break up this group of individuals. We dont play as a team. We are not a team. We are a group of big mouth ego's. We play without discipline. Now we have a locker room split because TO rallied the troops to cry that the receivers are not getting enough balls.
This isnt a team. Do you see this happening in any other city?
It isnt just the media creating this.
Its a bunch of players that dont know how to shut up.

They have now created a situation where there can be no real clean way of cleaning this up. Romo and Witten (2 hall of fame players) will now feel separated from half the locker room. That wont just change. Put yourself in their shoes. How are you going to feel when you know half your team is upset when Witten is thrown the ball. Once things are said they cant be taken back. Its out there. Its been made public and its embarrassing.

Here is what i want everyone to ask themselves.
What would happen if Jimmy Johnson was coaching this team right now?

My opinion.... everyone would have already shut up. And TO is a awful team mate. Do you remember Mike Irvin ever crying when Jay Novacek caught all those passes? Or when Emmitt was scoring all those TD's. Enough is enough. Wade is not the kind of coach that can control this group. I dont know if any coach could ever control this group.

TO needs to go. TNew needs to go. Wade needs to go.
We are farther than ever from being a team right now. Teams win superbowls. Every team in the league have talent. Who will win the superbowl this year???? The best TEAM.

And any one else that want their big mouth to damage the chemistry of this team needs to go.... regardless of salary or production....... they are now cancers and cancers have to be cut out at all cost.

cowboys5

Benched
Reaction score
i want wade and T.O to stay because when you hire a new coach he has to get used to the system and that takes time.

Boysboy

Reaction score
superonyx;2483748 said:
Our "team" just fell apart this week. Winning wont fix this. TO has caused a situation where we have a split locker room. TNew now comes out opening his mouth. Other players are secretly coming out taking a side. How can this lead to good things for our "team"?
It is so clear and obvious that we need to break up this group of individuals. We dont play as a team. We are not a team. We are a group of big mouth ego's. We play without discipline. Now we have a locker room split because TO rallied the troops to cry that the receivers are not getting enough balls.

They have now created a situation where there can be no real clean way of cleaning this up. Romo and Witten (2 hall of fame players) will now feel separated from half the locker room. That wont just change. Put yourself in their shoes. How are you going to feel when you know half your team is upset when Witten is thrown the ball. Once things are said they cant be taken back. Its out there. Its been made public and its embarrassing.

My opinion.... everyone would have already shut up. And TO is a awful team mate. Do you remember Mike Irvin ever crying when Jay Novacek caught all those passes? Or when Emmitt was scoring all those TD's. Enough is enough. Wade is not the kind of coach that can control this group. I dont know if any coach could ever control this group.

We are farther than ever from being a team right now. Teams win superbowls. Every team in the league have talent. Who will win the superbowl this year???? The best TEAM.

And any one else that want their big mouth to damage the chemistry of this team needs to go.... regardless of salary or production....... they are now cancers and cancers have to be cut out at all cost.

Wade and TO need to go-bring in Steve Spagnuola or Ron Rivera, and make Austin our #2.

Voila for '09!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
superonyx;2483748 said:

Cincinatti, and Washington come to mind.

BTW, blowing up a roster of its core components will do more to hurt a team than it will help. I understand what you're getting at, but you dont remove several core players and expect your TEAM to win a Super Bowl.

Boysboy

Reaction score
elcocinero;2483760 said:
TO just signed a new deal, it will be very hard to take $10 million cap hit.

I'm sure Jerry has behavioral clauses in it-he violates them, he gets back the bonus et al, and we can cut him w/o any harm.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
elcocinero;2483760 said:
TO just signed a new deal, it will be very hard to take $10 million cap hit.

I was thinking the Cowboys structured it like they structured his first deal. It's a series of 1 year contracts without any real harm done salary cap wise if we ditch him. I think?

hairic

Reaction score
Recipe for instant #1 offense:

Release TO and sign Amendola, and make him the #1 receiver.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Wade, TO and TNew

Well out of those three Wade would be the only one to go. TO and TNew just got new contracts so they aren't going anywhere.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The fact that these players are talking certainly means that there IS a problem.

It's to early to say the team has fallen apart. The pot has been stirred for sure BUT it could go either way. They could just as easily come together as a result of this.

I'm quite sure that #88 would have had something to say if his QB showed a propensity to lock on to one receiver regardless of coverage.

Romo has been doing this a lot. (Maybe if he had given a look to his left on the last play off the playoff loss last year the game would have turned out differently)

For the record, I like Romo a lot but he does have some maturing to do and he needs to be open to some constructive criticism as part of the maturation process.

As somewhat of a pot stirrer myself I know from experience that talking the truth is rarely easy but if it is taken in the spirit it is intended then good things will come. It's only when the listener is unable to put his/her own ego aside does it go the other way.

I think this will turn out OK.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Vtwin;2483812 said:
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The fact that these players are talking certainly means that there IS a problem.

It's to early to say the team has fallen apart. The pot has been stirred for sure BUT it could go either way. They could just as easily come together as a result of this.

I'm quite sure that #88 would have had something to say if his QB showed a propensity to lock on to one receiver regardless of coverage.

Romo has been doing this a lot. (Maybe if he had given a look to his left on the last play off the playoff loss last year the game would have turned out differently)

For the record, I like Romo a lot but he does have some maturing to do and he needs to be open to some constructive criticism as part of the maturation process.

As somewhat of a pot stirrer myself I know from experience that talking the truth is rarely easy but if it is taken in the spirit it is intended then good things will come. It's only when the listener is unable to put his/her own ego aside does it go the other way.

I think this will turn out OK.

Remember we went through this 2 years ago in Dec-after the xmas Eagles game, TO came out in his Santa hat saying he needed to get the ball more, Newman came out later in the week how certain players(he didn't name) needed to stop talking and perform on the field, reports came out that there were cracks in our locker room, etc.

Sure-we tanked at the end of that season, but overall, things didn't turn out nearly as bad as I thought it would.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2483781 said:
Wade, TO and TNew

Well out of those three Wade would be the only one to go. TO and TNew just got new contracts so they aren't going anywhere.

Even if they hadn't just gotten new contracts they wouldn't be going anywhere, and I'm pretty sure Wade isn't going anywhere either.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TheCount;2483834 said:
Even if they hadn't just gotten new contracts they wouldn't be going anywhere, and I'm pretty sure Wade isn't going anywhere either.

Probably not :(

elcocinero

Reaction score
Ozzu;2483767 said:
I was thinking the Cowboys structured it like they structured his first deal. It's a series of 1 year contracts without any real harm done salary cap wise if we ditch him. I think?

Nope, they gave him $12.9 million signing bonus. So 3 years left of bonus would be a $9.675 million cap hit. His base salary next year is $2.67 million and he also has a roster bonus of $3.1 million. But that signing bonus is killer if we cut or trade him next year.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/06/terrell-owens-contract-numbers.htmlhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3423170

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ozzu;2483767 said:

That was the original contract he signed not the new one he signed last year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2483758 said:
Cincinatti, and Washington come to mind.

BTW, blowing up a roster of its core components will do more to hurt a team than it will help. I understand what you're getting at, but you dont remove several core players and expect your TEAM to win a Super Bowl.

The New York FOOTBALL Giants (whom the Cowboys are trying to emulate) say, "Hi!" ;)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
elcocinero;2483840 said:
Nope, they gave him $12.9 million signing bonus. So 3 years left of bonus would be a $9.675 million cap hit. His base salary next year is $2.67 million and he also has a roster bonus of $3.1 million. But that signing bonus is killer if we cut or trade him next year.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/06/terrell-owens-contract-numbers.htmlhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3423170

Wonderful. So we were smart in the first contract and idiots in the second. We deserve what we get.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Brilliant idea. Destroy your team not only immediately, but in the future, through ruining your cap by getting rid of Owens and Newman who signed brand new deals over the summer.

Brilliant idea man. Amazing. I'm shocked you're not a GM in the NFL already.