People who have to GO

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
wait up...

some homer will come in and say ESPN is making all this up

:laugh2:

superonyx;2483748 said:
Our "team" just fell apart this week. Winning wont fix this. TO has caused a situation where we have a split locker room. TNew now comes out opening his mouth. Other players are secretly coming out taking a side. How can this lead to good things for our "team"?
It is so clear and obvious that we need to break up this group of individuals. We dont play as a team. We are not a team. We are a group of big mouth ego's. We play without discipline. Now we have a locker room split because TO rallied the troops to cry that the receivers are not getting enough balls.
This isnt a team. Do you see this happening in any other city?
It isnt just the media creating this.
Its a bunch of players that dont know how to shut up.

They have now created a situation where there can be no real clean way of cleaning this up. Romo and Witten (2 hall of fame players) will now feel separated from half the locker room. That wont just change. Put yourself in their shoes. How are you going to feel when you know half your team is upset when Witten is thrown the ball. Once things are said they cant be taken back. Its out there. Its been made public and its embarrassing.

Here is what i want everyone to ask themselves.
What would happen if Jimmy Johnson was coaching this team right now?

My opinion.... everyone would have already shut up. And TO is a awful team mate. Do you remember Mike Irvin ever crying when Jay Novacek caught all those passes? Or when Emmitt was scoring all those TD's. Enough is enough. Wade is not the kind of coach that can control this group. I dont know if any coach could ever control this group.

TO needs to go. TNew needs to go. Wade needs to go.
We are farther than ever from being a team right now. Teams win superbowls. Every team in the league have talent. Who will win the superbowl this year???? The best TEAM.

And any one else that want their big mouth to damage the chemistry of this team needs to go.... regardless of salary or production....... they are now cancers and cancers have to be cut out at all cost.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2483851 said:
Brilliant idea. Destroy your team not only immediately, but in the future, through ruining your cap by getting rid of Owens and Newman who signed brand new deals over the summer.

Brilliant idea man. Amazing. I'm shocked you're not a GM in the NFL already.

:laugh2:

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
superonyx;2483748 said:
Our "team" just fell apart this week. Winning wont fix this. TO has caused a situation where we have a split locker room. TNew now comes out opening his mouth. Other players are secretly coming out taking a side. How can this lead to good things for our "team"?
It is so clear and obvious that we need to break up this group of individuals. We dont play as a team. We are not a team. We are a group of big mouth ego's. We play without discipline. Now we have a locker room split because TO rallied the troops to cry that the receivers are not getting enough balls.

They have now created a situation where there can be no real clean way of cleaning this up. Romo and Witten (2 hall of fame players) will now feel separated from half the locker room. That wont just change. Put yourself in their shoes. How are you going to feel when you know half your team is upset when Witten is thrown the ball. Once things are said they cant be taken back. Its out there. Its been made public and its embarrassing.

My opinion.... everyone would have already shut up. And TO is a awful team mate. Do you remember Mike Irvin ever crying when Jay Novacek caught all those passes? Or when Emmitt was scoring all those TD's. Enough is enough. Wade is not the kind of coach that can control this group. I dont know if any coach could ever control this group.

We are farther than ever from being a team right now. Teams win superbowls. Every team in the league have talent. Who will win the superbowl this year???? The best TEAM.

And any one else that want their big mouth to damage the chemistry of this team needs to go.... regardless of salary or production....... they are now cancers and cancers have to be cut out at all cost.
1. The team did not fall apart...
2. This can be good if Jason comes up with some fresh plays and Tony Oh no throws other people the ball.
3. Yes this happens with all big time players. Portis, Winslow, Johnson and Shockey just to name a few.
4. I hope your talking about Bradie James and his band of unkown morons.
5. Witten and Romo are not HOF players! Not yet and by the looks of Romo's play since he began trying to be like Brady He won't be any time soon but Owens IS a HOF player.
6. It is embarassing how Bradie and his band of misfits can't keep their mouths shut.
7. T.O is not a bad team mate. I would be upset with the team to if I were him.
8. Mike did complain he says it all the time on his talk show! Even Nate says he would flip out and the following week it seemed as though every play was to him. His team mates didn't go running to the media about it like a bunch of little girls though.
9. T.O is more important then Witten so I don't think he is going anywhere. I mean we have Bennett who could fill Witten's role if need be but there is no WR on this team with T.O's talent.
10. Newman is a great corner and those are hard to come by. Getting rid of a guy like him would be insane! Why don't we just get rid of Ware while we are at it?
11. Wade does need to go but not with 3 games left in the season.

You have made no logical points in this post.

elcocinero

Reaction score
Ozzu;2483850 said:
Wonderful. So we were smart in the first contract and idiots in the second. We deserve what we get.

I am not sure when his roster bonus is due for 2009, but if it is after June 1st it may be possible to cut him. If he has a roster bonus due after June 1st and we cut him after June 1st:

$2.67 million Salary + $3.1 million roster bonus - $3.225 million Signing bonus proration = $2.545 million cap savings

$7.5 million Salary - $6.45 million Signing bonus proration = $1.05 million cap savings

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
I might get blasted for this but I do not care.

I do not think we really need to let anyone go. Including the coach. I would not mind if we lost T.O. but I do not think he needs to go for us to win.

This year did not go as we would have liked. But I still think we have one of the best teams in football. I love the Cowboys. And think this is one of the most talented teams that we have had.

IF I could have my wish, I would wish we would have everyone back next year and that we stay completly healthy.

For some strange reason I have not given up on this year yet. If we were in any other division we would be a lot better off. But I am glad we are in this one.

The changes I would like to see is to get a better backup to Romo. I would like to see all our coaches stay and not have any upheavel. I would like us to draft a young fast reciever in the draft. That can complement RW in the comming years.

I think letting Newman go would be alfull. I think he is one of the best corners out there. I do not care about interceptions. I like that he rarely allows a touchdown.

I really hope that Pacman gets his act together and comes back next year. Yea I said it. I love what I have seen from hiim this year. And I think with a full offseason and not being so rusty him and Newman will be one of the most formidable secondaries in the game.

I know I am crazy. But that is my view.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Xy_Oldone;2483919 said:
I might get blasted for this but I do not care.

I do not think we really need to let anyone go. Including the coach. I would not mind if we lost T.O. but I do not think he needs to go for us to win.

This year did not go as we would have liked. But I still think we have one of the best teams in football. I love the Cowboys. And think this is one of the most talented teams that we have had.

IF I could have my wish, I would wish we would have everyone back next year and that we stay completly healthy.

For some strange reason I have not given up on this year yet. If we were in any other division we would be a lot better off. But I am glad we are in this one.

The changes I would like to see is to get a better backup to Romo. I would like to see all our coaches stay and not have any upheavel. I would like us to draft a young fast reciever in the draft. That can complement RW in the comming years.

I think letting Newman go would be alfull. I think he is one of the best corners out there. I do not care about interceptions. I like that he rarely allows a touchdown.

I really hope that Pacman gets his act together and comes back next year. Yea I said it. I love what I have seen from hiim this year. And I think with a full offseason and not being so rusty him and Newman will be one of the most formidable secondaries in the game.

I know I am crazy. But that is my view.

..."has not gone"...

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
xWraithx;2483928 said:
..."has not gone"...

lol. True. Thank you. I am at work. Trying to do a lot of things at the same time. You know nap, surf the net, ect.. lol

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you can't take a WR squad with TO/Witten/RW/Crayton, and a RB like Barber, and throw up 35 points a game, I would question the offensive coordinator or the head coach.

arync

Reaction score
superonyx;2483748 said:

Why does TNew need to go?

superonyx

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2483913 said:
1. The team did not fall apart...
2. This can be good if Jason comes up with some fresh plays and Tony Oh no throws other people the ball.
3. Yes this happens with all big time players. Portis, Winslow, Johnson and Shockey just to name a few.
4. I hope your talking about Bradie James and his band of unkown morons.
5. Witten and Romo are not HOF players! Not yet and by the looks of Romo's play since he began trying to be like Brady He won't be any time soon but Owens IS a HOF player.
6. It is embarassing how Bradie and his band of misfits can't keep their mouths shut.
7. T.O is not a bad team mate. I would be upset with the team to if I were him.
8. Mike did complain he says it all the time on his talk show! Even Nate says he would flip out and the following week it seemed as though every play was to him. His team mates didn't go running to the media about it like a bunch of little girls though.
9. T.O is more important then Witten so I don't think he is going anywhere. I mean we have Bennett who could fill Witten's role if need be but there is no WR on this team with T.O's talent.
10. Newman is a great corner and those are hard to come by. Getting rid of a guy like him would be insane! Why don't we just get rid of Ware while we are at it?
11. Wade does need to go but not with 3 games left in the season.

You have made no logical points in this post.

Wow you really made some good points here. Where do i begin?
2. Check your facts. Lets see who has had more passes thrown their way TO or Witten???? hmmmm....
3. Portis, Winslow, Johnson and Shockey are the guys you are pointing to as why it isnt that bad.
5. Checks Wittens numbers compared to the hall of famers at the same time in their careers.... let us know what you come up with... Check Romos QB rating compared to the hall of famers... lets us know what you can up with...
7. Yea philly and SF can vouch for what kind of team mate TO is.... in fact im sure Romo will probably be able to pretty soon also.
9. So now a 35 year old cancerous receiver is more important than Witten? You really sound like an idiot with this remark. So lets put both on the trade block and see who gets more interest....dope.
10 Yea Newman looks real great. He looks real great getting turned around once a game and burnt for the deep ball. How many int's has he had compared to TD's given up over the years? hmmm....

Thanks for showing how knowledgeable you are... its been a good laugh.

bysbox1

Reaction score
This is nothing that a win on Sunday would not fix. They have a lot of pressure on them (caused by their own inadequacies by losing those games at the end of the year) to basically run the table over the next 3 games . . . 7 if they get into the playoffs and get in the Super Bowl.

Trust me, they win Saturday and all is swell at Valley Ranch.

superonyx

Reaction score
arync;2484017 said:
Why does TNew need to go?

Honestly Newman isnt looking like much of a team player. Thats what wins in this league. He comes out and throws more gas on the fire this morning with his comments. His production hasnt been good enough that he should be commenting at all on a topic like this. He needs to shut his mouth and figure out how to not limp off the field every game with some injury. He needs to be a leader.

Maybe Romo and witten need to come out and say how the offense gets fired up when newman intercepts a ball. (like that ever happens). And how he needs to learn to see the play and the field better.

Its not the job of any of these players to publicly call out another players play.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
superonyx;2483748 said:
Do you remember Mike Irvin ever crying when Jay Novacek caught all those passes? Or when Emmitt was scoring all those TD's. Enough is enough.

Michael Irvin would tell the opposing defenses what route Harper would run before the play just so Irvin would get the ball thrown his way...so I heard.

And Michael Irvin would often tell Emmitt how much Emmitt owed him because Irvin would often set up the team inside the five yd line rather than score the TD himself.

The WRs need the ball more. TO is right. It is better if the offense is balanced, 50% run, 50% pass, passes to the RBs TEs and WRs.

Boysboy

Reaction score
superonyx;2484111 said:
Honestly Newman isnt looking like much of a team player. Thats what wins in this league. He comes out and throws more gas on the fire this morning with his comments. His production hasnt been good enough that he should be commenting at all on a topic like this. He needs to shut his mouth and figure out how to not limp off the field every game with some injury. He needs to be a leader.

Maybe Romo and witten need to come out and say how the offense gets fired up when newman intercepts a ball. (like that ever happens). And how he needs to learn to see the play and the field better.

Its not the job of any of these players to publicly call out another players play.

Remember 2 years ago after we lost to the Eagles on xmas, he came out and said how certain players needed to stop talking and do their playing on the field-he didn't name names, but most thought he was talking about TO(while some, like myself, thought he may have been talking about Bradie James).

In the end, it didn't turn out as bad as we thought it would.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
superonyx;2484088 said:
Wow you really made some good points here. Where do i begin?
2. Check your facts. Lets see who has had more passes thrown their way TO or Witten???? hmmmm....
3. Portis, Winslow, Johnson and Shockey are the guys you are pointing to as why it isnt that bad.
5. Checks Wittens numbers compared to the hall of famers at the same time in their careers.... let us know what you come up with... Check Romos QB rating compared to the hall of famers... lets us know what you can up with...
7. Yea philly and SF can vouch for what kind of team mate TO is.... in fact im sure Romo will probably be able to pretty soon also.
9. So now a 35 year old cancerous receiver is more important than Witten? You really sound like an idiot with this remark. So lets put both on the trade block and see who gets more interest....dope.
10 Yea Newman looks real great. He looks real great getting turned around once a game and burnt for the deep ball. How many int's has he had compared to TD's given up over the years? hmmm....

Thanks for showing how knowledgeable you are... its been a good laugh.

2. Yes Owens had 5 2 that were thrown to the other team and half of them were over or under thrown... I rewatched the game 2 times. That means I have seen it 3 times IN HD!
3. Didn't say it was good you asked where else do you see it... We can also point to players who are more harmful then T.O. Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, Randy Moss, Matt Jones, Antonio Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Marvin Harrison...
5. Ummm? I think Owens has better career stats then Witten lol.
7. What kind of player has T.O been since he came to Dallas?
9. Reason he is more important and the reason it would be better to get rid of Witten is because...
a. Owens makes bigger plays and is a bigger game changer then Witten.
b. Owens just got a new contract and it would kill the cap.
c. Witten is younger with a less colorful PAST! He would have a higher price tag.
10. So im the idiot and dope when you want to trade 2 of our core players who both have brand new contracts? LOL okay...

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483756 said:
Wade and TO need to go-bring in Steve Spagnuola or Ron Rivera, and make Austin our #2.

Voila for '09!

voila austins knee is blown out every third game. Austin has not proved himself yet.

tati

Reaction score
Yo dude your a jerk, do u have any proof? Thw media is behind this bull crap. TO only wants to win, wish we had 53 players with his desire to win. So before u make a fool of yourself, makesure you have proof to back it up.

Just my 2 cents

Mash

Reaction score
Bring back Quincy...

I loved those years.....no expectations.....fun to watch....

Now all we have is a media created circus.......and fans eating all the popcorn.....

:)

j\k

Its the Cowboys.....what did u expect...????

When expectation arise.....the circus comes to town and never leaves....at least we got away from the hookers and coke..... :)

superonyx

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2484149 said:
2. Yes Owens had 5 2 that were thrown to the other team and half of them were over or under thrown... I rewatched the game 2 times. That means I have seen it 3 times IN HD!
3. Didn't say it was good you asked where else do you see it... We can also point to players who are more harmful then T.O. Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, Randy Moss, Matt Jones, Antonio Bryant, Brandon Marshall, Marvin Harrison...
5. Ummm? I think Owens has better career stats then Witten lol.
7. What kind of player has T.O been since he came to Dallas?
9. Reason he is more important and the reason it would be better to get rid of Witten is because...
a. Owens makes bigger plays and is a bigger game changer then Witten.
b. Owens just got a new contract and it would kill the cap.
c. Witten is younger with a less colorful PAST! He would have a higher price tag.
10. So im the idiot and dope when you want to trade 2 of our core players who both have brand new contracts? LOL okay...

I'm talking about all year. Owens has had many more balls thrown his way. He has nothing to complain about. He gets plenty of opportunities.

3. When i asked where else you see this crap happening did you actually think i was asking for places where it was a distraction? I was asking for places where this does not hurt the team chemistry.

5. Ummm i think witten has hall of fame stats. Prove to me how this is wrong. You said he wasnt going to be a hall of fame player. Romo also, show me how he isnt hall of fame caliber. I know both players are too young but that actually makes them more valuable then TO.

7. TO has been such a good team mate? When? In dallas? He is a great team mate. Cant you see what is doing to our team? Our franchise QB and TE? Seriously?

9. So if you had to choose to keep Owens or Witten you would keep a 35 year old receiver with a mouth problem? A player that you couldnt trade anyone to. Over the best all around TE in the league?

10. You are actually both an idiot and a dope. You are ok with this happening to our team. You try to make the point that Romo and Witten are less valuable to our team than TO and TNewman. If you are serious about that then you sir are both of those things. Its about team chemistry. Addition by subtraction. Sort of like your boy Shockey that you referenced. He is an amazing talent but his mouth makes him not worth it. The Giants are better off without them.

Mash

Reaction score
Its not about who gets more passes....

The Players want to win....its that easy....I believe TO when he says that...

The issue is....and this is why the WR's went to Garrett...

Romo needs to make better decisions....

Teams have figured out who the go to guy is...

the majority of int Romo throws....are bad decisions....forced balls...to TO....to Witten.......

I mean...look at that Pitt game....Bennett is directly in front of Romo read....instead...of hitting Bennett for a first down and maybe even a score.....he forces it to Williams in double coverage.

The first int wasnt caused by TO stopping his route.....it was first caused by Romo throwing a ball that shouldnt even been attempted.

Even the second one down the sidelines was a bad pass....better placement...its a catch.

And on that critical int that was returned for a TD.....should of went to Crayton or someone else......Witten slip or not....it was a poor decision....

For this team to get going.......Romo needs to make better decisions....pressure or not.....make the right decision....