Per a league source, Elliott return to the Cowboys is unlikely

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He needs about 8-10 touches a game and hopefully you can get him to the playoffs healthy.

If you try to make him a big part of your offense he won’t give you much.

Pollard has been our best runner for 2.5 years but Zeke’s contract kept him on the field more.
at least Zeke has two legs to run on.....

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
For 4 years he was. Not the last 3. Hes also the most overpaid back in cowboys history.

But then again, Ill take Murray over Zeke. Walker was way better than Zeke.

Yah I hate him. AS a player. Dont know him personally.
Demarcus Murray, hahaha, I guess if you forget his fumble in Green Bay. Walker's biggest claim to fame for us was the trade. I loved Hershel but come on, no way was he better than Zeke in a Cowboys' uniform

GMO415

Reaction score
21 could have his legs amputated and they'd still be people in here saying he's returning. Ugh

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is where old jerry would do something really stupid

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Can you imagine? This could be the trifecta of Zeke mistakes!

1) Drafting Zeke #4 overall
2) Re-signing Zeke to an expensive lengthy contract
3) Bringing the over-the-hill Zeke back for a farewell tour.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I bet one of his "opportunities" is him saying "Sir, please take off your belt and shoes and step through the scanner".

Praxit

Reaction score
....Poor Zeke, should have taken a paycut. Probably end up in Tampa.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I think the only time Zeke comes back is in a couple years or so when he signs one of those ceremonial 1 day contracts to retire as a Cowboy.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I still feel there’s a high probability that he’s on the Cowboys roster for week one.
You’re a boss now, you can’t go starting riots LOL….

Seriously he can actually still help a team….if he doesn’t play at all until November.

He has started strong each of the last few years then gets dinged up quickly and it’s over.

Either way, this team does NOT need the distraction, and it also likely means cutting a guy like Malik Davis.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone will sign Zeke unless there is an injury and they are just desperate for someone. Pretty embarrassing for Zeke. Pretty large fall from grace but I think he was on a pedestal for too long, that's what happens.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone will sign Zeke unless there is an injury and they are just desperate for someone. Pretty embarrassing for Zeke. Pretty large fall from grace but I think he was on a pedestal for too long, that's what happens.
He's just too good in the short yardage situations to go unsigned...couple that with pass protection and he's going to get a gig.

He's not as washed up as some of you are making him sound...not explosive bit he can get hard yards and he can get short yards

stiletto

Reaction score
He's just too good in the short yardage situations to go unsigned...couple that with pass protection and he's going to get a gig.

He's not as washed up as some of you are making him sound...not explosive bit he can get hard yards and he can get short yards
It's pretty obvious no one is beating down his door. Gotta be delusional to think he's still going to be sought after.

Jipper

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious no one is beating down his door. Gotta be delusional to think he's still going to be sought after.
He's still got a lot of value for situational use and will get signed.

Right now he likely wants too much money but that will come down and there will be multiple options for him.

22 tds in the last 2 years and 1800 yards is more than enough to warrent a couple year low level deal or at the worst a one year.

You would have to be delusional to not see that he has value still to many of teams...just didn't fit with us at his price, that's all

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cincinnati
Not so sure. With Mixson there, and they drafted a RB that Dallas could or should have drafted.
Unless Mixson gets suspended for his gun incident. Then yes, I can see Zeke there. As the did lose Perrine. They may need another RB.