Per Cami? AND Sturm: Ryan Williams has been cut

dallasdave

Reaction score
Per twitter, finding sources now.

MFbDvYw.png

We hardly got to know you

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I'm guilty. I think it more has to do with (as you said) "hope." We're desperately looking for someone to step up now that Murray's gone.

Fair enough... but we need a player of much higher caliber to feel Murray's shoes. That dude was solid. He had some issues like fumbling and running to darkness sometimes but he was tough and would demoralize teams. Our running game was our whole identity last year.. Williams wouldn't have lasted more than a few games and wasn't even remotely close to Murray. I'm pretty nervous about our running game, we all know what happens when we don't have a REALLY solid running game and have to rely on Romo.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well, I was holding out hope that he might turn into something. I did like how hard he ran last pre-season, so I thought he had a shot.

If you can't stay healthy though, you can't help the team.

I mainly feel bad for him. He wanted it to work in Dallas, so much. You could just tell.

Oh well. Good luck Mr. Williams... I'm sorry you won't be enjoying this season in Dallas. It should be a good one.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Ok.
Let be the first to say it. "You can't make the club in the tub".

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Too bad for RW but his knees simply wouldn't allow him the opportunity he so craved. It looked to me like the team had no choice but to 'cut bait' and seek someone who might be reliably healthy enough to at least be available when training camp was about to begin. This might not be the last we'll see of one of our RBs being released in an effort to acquire somewhat more dependable help at RB. At least, we know the team is attending to its needs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Fair enough... but we need a player of much higher caliber to feel Murray's shoes. That dude was solid. He had some issues like fumbling and running to darkness sometimes but he was tough and would demoralize teams. Our running game was our whole identity last year.. Williams wouldn't have lasted more than a few games and wasn't even remotely close to Murray. I'm pretty nervous about our running game, we all know what happens when we don't have a REALLY solid running game and have to rely on Romo.

I understand your nervousness, and it's totally legitimate. I was hoping we'd pick up Murray's replacement in this draft that was rich with running backs. I was a bit disappointed we didn't. So we're (I'm) left hoping one of these guys on the roster pans out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I understand your nervousness, and it's totally legitimate. I was hoping we'd pick up Murray's replacement in this draft that was rich with running backs. I was a bit disappointed we didn't. So we're (I'm) left hoping one of these guys on the roster pans out.
I would've lost a lot of bets if anyone wanted to take my money....was absolutely certain we would take a RB at some point.

I not too worried to roll with what we have, just surprised we didn't grab one in the draft as well.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

I was hoping the same thing in the draft. We could have found one in the 3rd round. Crazy they ignored the position like they did. I too will hope Randle pans out. I have no hope in the others. Maybe we sign CJ as backup?

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I feel bad for him personally. But feel worse for us. Would be crazy if our weak link this year was our running game when it was the strongest link the year before.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
The talent is there, he just can't stay healthy enough. Wish we couldve seen him get a shot in the preseason.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Should have grabbed an RB instead of chaz green.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Chaz better make the decisive block that springs Randle or somebody in the clear for a game-winning Super Bowl touchdown or something.