Per Cami? AND Sturm: Ryan Williams has been cut

DFWJC

Reaction score
That's surprising considering they gave him a nice bonus. I wonder who his replacement will be---I'm certain we will be bringing another back to camp.

My guess is that the med staff has given him a relative thumbs down, the door is still open later.

Lache Seastrunk may be getting a lot of reps this preseason.

Hailmary

Reaction score
The WR? Don't forget they signed Seastunk.

Yea, but Goodley does have a RB body and runs like one after the catch. I have a hard time believing that both Goodley and Seastrunk makes the team. I can see the coaches favoring Goodley if he shows anything at RB because it'll give them some flexibility.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Any chance this is as much about Seastrunk as it is Williams?

Seastrunk has a lot of speed but Williams must not be healthy because you would think the team would want them to compete in camp and preseason. The Cowboys have obviously seen something that has caused them to give up on Williams if the report is correct. The timing of his release with camp almost here points to an injury.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had assumed that the leash on William's availability would be a short one. Apparently, even shorter than I thought. I don't think the knee can hold up and I think that sadly, it's the end for his career.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My guess is that the med staff has given him a relative thumbs down, the door is still open later.

Lache Seastrunk may be getting a lot of reps this preseason.

then why not place him on PUP? I just don't see any reason to keep him he was often injured in college and has been nothing in the NFL. I don't see how he can be counted on.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
What does Chris Johnson bring to the table that Darren McFadden or Lance Dunbar don't?