***Per ESPN Romo out 4 weeks with Broken Pinky***Merge

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Superbowl bound

You guys throw in the towel too friggin quick, I wouldn't want you in my corner.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
What happens if Dallas goes 0-4 while Romo is out? Would you fire the HC and shake up the team then....or do you continue to let the HC make excuses for poor coaching and player execution.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Disturbed;2334070 said:
What happens if Dallas goes 0-4 while Romo is out? Would you fire the HC and shake up the team then....or do you continue to let the HC make excuses for poor coaching and player execution.

The coach owes the fans nothing in the way of excuses. How he acts in the locker room and how Jerry perceives it is all that matters.

He could get up there and do a belly dance every presser and I wouldn't care cause he is saying the same thing either way, nothing, and he is drawing the heat to him.

Parcells could call the team stupid and full of no talent hacks and it didn't make them play any differently.

The only other kind of coach I have seen really is a RA RA guy like shottenheimer, you want marty coaching the team?

Vermeil was in a league of his own, how about him?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Evidently, Wade Phillips can't control Jason Garrett's game management of Tony Romo.

However, this injury will.

I hope Romo's finger is alright, and he gets back for the Washington game, but Garrett will be forced to quit going for the big play too much and get the ball in the hands of Felix Jones.

MrMom

Reaction score
I'm ready for a Jim Fassel-esque rant from Wade today.

“I am raising the stakes right now, ... If this is a poker game, I am shoving my chips right in the middle of the table. I am raising the ante. Anybody who wants out, can get out. This team is going to the playoffs. OK? This team is going to the playoffs.”

Do it Wade. Do it.
http://i16.***BLOCKED***/albums/b26/AcesPT/doitgif4hr.gif

noletime95

Reaction score
41gy#;2334141 said:
Evidently, Wade Phillips can't control Jason Garrett's game management of Tony Romo.

However, this injury will.

I hope Romo's finger is alright, and he gets back for the Washington game, but Garrett will be forced to quit going for the big play too much and get the ball in the hands of Felix Jones.

Except that he is hurt to.

Zona took the Boys to the shed and whipped em. Physically and mentally the Boys allowed Zona to potentially ruin its season by being manhandled up front...specifically the OL.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
was doing a lot of errands all day and i get home to hear this news lol damn we screwed... seriously yesterdays loss was as bad regular season loss as we have ever had for various reasons... ah hopefully at least this will make Red adjust the offense to different formations and routes because we are not gonna be able to have 5 to 7 step drops too often with Johnson so we will run more short patterns which is something our offense lacks. also Romo seems to not be having as much fun or any at all this season maybe cause of the pressure who knows so hopefully this month off will get his mind off football and let him feel rejuvenated again when he returns! if we can win at 2 of 3 before the bye we can still be in good shape...

Ren

Reaction score
after the way the oline blocked yesterday there's not much hope we even go 2-2 with Brad if that's a sign of things to come :bang2:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
utrunner07;2334041 said:
In the long run this is going to be good for us. Brad is a good bus driver and we have two of the best running backs in the league. Tony needs some time to refelect and now he gets that. I think we win against St. Louis and Tampa and I like our chances against NY. Would not be suprised to be 7-2 or 6-3 at the break.
Give me some of that positive stuff you're drinking. I hope you're right. It has been excruciating watching the Cowboys play these last few weeks. And to think it could get worse...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. We're going to have to play defense and run the ball consistently?

Good luck with that. :(

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We are going to play a whole month with freaking Brad Johnson at QB???

Season over fellas, talk about crashing and burning.

Forget the SB, I doubt we will even make the playoffs now.

I think I am going to go cry now.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2335292 said:
We are going to play a whole month with freaking Brad Johnson at QB???

Season over fellas, talk about crashing and burning.

Forget the SB, I doubt we will even make the playoffs now.

I think I am going to go cry now.

An even more intriguing question is will Tony Romo missing a quarter of the season be enough of an excuse for Wade Phillips to keep his job?