per Garrett in PC, Looks like Holloman will not be playing again

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was clear the team liked him, he played well at the end of last year. He also had an injury setback and didn't seem to be recovering well this year, but there was certainly buzz that Holloman could pick up where he left off.

I wonder if the neck was bothering him and he didn't say anything about it. He looked really good in the Blue-White scrimmage, but then didn't look right in the SD game. It wasn't much of a hit that knocked him out of the Ravens game.

Bcrav4

Reaction score
I wonder if the cowboys will still pay him for this year. I'd hate for him to just be thrown to the street, especially with all if his future medical bills, and it's a drop in the bucket for a team worth $3+ billion.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Broaddus also said that Patmon was the 1st string Nickel over Webb but forgot to tell us that Webb was injured.

maybe they didnt know until today during garretts pc? nobody reported webb hurt.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I wonder if the cowboys will still pay him for this year. I'd hate for him to just be thrown to the street, especially with all if his future medical bills, and it's a drop in the bucket for a team worth $3+ billion.

Dallas will pay him. Jerry is loyal

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Here we are on page 3 and nobody is blaming Jerry for loving injury prone players? :D

slick325

Reaction score
Shame. Hopefully the injury won't affect the rest of his life. Wishing the kid luck in his other endeavors.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jones....the Australian revolutionary, Kelly...same concept with blame.

brymatt94

Reaction score
Whenever something like this happens it is heartbreaking. There was a point where I really felt it'd be Carter-Lee-Holloman for the next decade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's terrible news. I'm going to leave the football aspect out of it. A guy who's spent 20+ years chasing a dream....to get there and to have it taken away from you......the worst feeling in the world. I feel bad for the guy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thank you Brainpaint for posting the notice. DAMN!

I hate it when injury stops a dream...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There was speculation about this kind of a scenario being bandied about all week. Not surprising but surely disappointing.
Methinks chances for an OLB waiver wire acquisition just rose considerably.

CCBoy

Reaction score
#57, you brought a smile to many a Cowboys fan, while on the carpet!

Plankton

Reaction score
Here we are on page 3 and nobody is blaming Jerry for loving injury prone players? :D

Unless the issue was a previously diagnosed issue that they ignored and used a draft pick for anyway (David LaFleur), you can't blame any team for an issue like this. Sucks more for Holloman, as his dreams for a long NFL career are over. Thankfully, it happened without him becoming completely incapacitated.

Plankton

Reaction score
Dallas will pay him. Jerry is loyal

He doesn't have a choice - he's injured. The CBA stipulates that a player cannot be waived injured without an injury settlement. What will likely happen is that they will waive injured and he will revert to injured reserve.

KDM256

Reaction score
Hate to hear that about Holloman.... Injury didn't look serious in the Ravens game.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Our LB really took a hit. Holloman was legitimate depth and a potential starter in the nickel. Imagine where we'd be at MLB if McClain didn't unretire. Now we have no depth behind an out-of-shape McClain and a potential hole in our nickel situation. The future for this LB corps is very bleak. Lee is out for the year and patience for him has to be wearing thin. Holloman is done for good. And this is probably Carter's last year.