News: Per PFT- Momentum between Cowboys, Ezekiel Elliott stalls

Hardline

Reaction score
No it is not. It is a business...an incredibly HUGE business run and owned by billionaires.
No. It's a sport ran as a business.
Just like any other professional sport in the world.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Agreed, but tht league was once sports first and entertainment second. That has reversed. You can disagree of course. It just seems more contrived than a decade ago.

I do disagree, it’s more popular yes... but I believe the general audience is simply asking for something different. That’s why things have changed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No. It's a sport ran as a business.
Just like any other professional sport in the world.

As if the distinction you're trying to make matters. It's still billionaires employing millionaires.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The product theyre producing is a sport
I don't get what their point is either, why does it matter if they are people with hundreds of thousands paying tens of thousands to players or whatever. The end result is that it is a business that results in a sport that is entertainment, it is all three.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would consider a $17m signing bonus to be pretty significant. In net dollars he has been paid more than 21 million dollars in three years. That makes him like #7 in net pay for running backs over the time period...all on a rookie deal. That isnt chump change.
Of course it's a lot of money. But it's also less than he would have gotten if he had been able to negotiate the contract without the constraints of the rookie salary structure in the CBA. That's why that structure exists, to hold down rookie contracts. So from his perspective (and presumably any first-round draftee), no, he didn't get a great deal on his first contract. We all know this: players on rookie contracts are desirable precisely because they're cheap for those few years.

Common Sense

Reaction score
The only smart move at this point is to pull a Dolphins-style trade with Zeke. But I'm not enough of a masochist to expect that from a team that hasn't sniffed a championship in literally a quarter of a century.

Carnes

Reaction score
That's fine let stupid be stupid. He is a boy that does not no how to be a man.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's a valid point. However, I actually think Zeke might not be the best thing for us in the beginning of the season. I think the office is TOO Zeke centric. I think if our two back system can fill in and our OC can use EVERYBODY on the offense, it would make us more dynamic. I do NOT think we will ever win a superbowl with a 90's style run first and at all costs attitude. I am not sold that Zeke's win over replacement value is very high. I'd rather him come in mid season and ADD to the offense we have already established.

If it works that way, it'll be great. If we lose and end up falling short of the playoffs, it will be bad. I have high hopes for Pollard, though.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Of course now we hear that the money has been agreed upon, but the structure of the deal is not acceptable for the "Cabo Ewok". This means that management is trying to protect itself from a Gurley type of guaranteed contract, and the selfish POS that is the Ewok wants his cake and to eat it too. Honestly, just trade him and get some draft capital.

This is what I dont get...………...we capitulated and told Zeke, "fine, here is your dam Gurley money but if you get suspended again the contract is null and void".

Zeke's answer is "no deal":huh:

clff15701

Reaction score
If they are offering 15 mil a year how much more could he want? Id pull his offer and tell him either show up and play or his career is over because were not trading him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If they are offering 15 mil a year how much more could he want? Id pull his offer and tell him either show up and play or his career is over because were not trading him.

Exactly bro, this is just insane!

If $15 million a season aint good enough, I'm out..........I pull the offer and give him permission to work out a trade, because we are done here.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jeez, I swear, there's no pleasing these guys!! Their negotiating is absurd! :facepalm:

Give 'em the world on a silver platter and somehow, it's not nearly enough!:angry:

Seriously, the FO should quickly pull all offers from the table & tell 'em to go fish!

Last edited: