Per Schefter, Zeke deal to be done within 24 hours **merged**

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There are rules... like you cannot renegotiate a rookie deal until after year 3. That's in the CBA.
But shouldn't it make you wonder why the owners allowed that ability to renegotiate after year 3?

Excellent point Corso:thumbup:

Why did the owners put in the CBA that rookie contracts can be renegotiated after 3 seasons?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’d tell the players, “Anyone who wants to become the best in the world at their position while still on their rookie contract... please do so, and we will look at renegotiating.”

Exactly.

If you become the best in the league at your position and you are still on your rookie contract, then we will renegotiate.

Zeke was a very special case, I dont really see this as setting any really bad precedent for the team. Most guys that try what Zeke just did end up getting traded or released.

rynochop

Reaction score
I just hope the guy is in shape..seemed that wasn't the case last year in September

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If it's an extension, then he under contract 8 more years. This has Dez dead money contract written all over it, in about 4 years,

Rayman70

Reaction score
If it's an extension, then he under contract 8 more years. This has Dez dead money contract written all over it, in about 4 years,
most all contracts involve some dead money. Its the nature of the beast.