Per Talkin Cowboys - Hill barely made the team plane

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I put a lot of the blame on Marinelli. Under his watch, we have totally disregarded both safety and defensive tackle as well as missed signings and draft picks. Defensive line and safety have been a series of misses and opportunities not taken since he's been here.
Which is another reason to hope he is gone soon and Richard takes over completely.

Pokes12

Reaction score
People laugh when Garrett says this but it’s really true you need players that love football. Hill probably fell out of love with football at UCF and just said whatever he needed to to get drafted to get his $.

a rookie contract is still life changing money for 98% of the world if you don’t blow it

You get called out in the media for 2 incidents of laziness and you STILL are late. Either he wants to be cut or he has altitude issues of not understanding
This issue and Taco Charlton are on the coaches who decided to spend a draft pick on these fellows. Taco now has 4 sacks with the Dolphins and he could not get in the rotation in Dallas? Marinelli is ultimately responsible for both drafting them and then not getting them ready to play football at the pro level. Wiffing on 1 and 2 draft picks will harm your team for years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Being an athlete versus being a talented player is not semantics. Someone being able to run fast doesn't make them a good corner.

What does Hill do well (i.e. What is he so talented at)?

So you seriously want to argue over this?

The kid has some talent. He registered 33 tackles, 4 sacks, 10.5 TFL in his Jr. year at UCF. Those are not bad numbers for a DT at a D1 school. If you wanna say he isn't talented, that's fine. Argue the point with somebody else.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just cut this stupid loser now...
I don't get this at all.

Barely making the team plane isn't a new thing. It's been that way for decades. But because Hill is perceived to be a bust now this is suddenly news and everyone is outraged.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
he is bordering on getting the Dwayne Harris treatment. Dallas cut harris because of his laziness his rookie year then put him on the practice squad. They then brought him back late in the year and he returned a kick to help win at philly and made a couple of big returns vs Washington to help win that game.

Are you suggesting that they give Hill a shot at returning kicks? :laugh:

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I don't get this at all.

Barely making the team plane isn't a new thing. It's been that way for decades. But because Hill is perceived to be a bust now this is suddenly news and everyone is outraged.

I'm sorry, but the kid's an underachieving loser...

Write it in stone now..

I really hope I eat crow on this, but there's been NO indication, whatsoever, that I will...

Syron

Reaction score
I don't get this at all.

No it's not. But being inactive week after week (with multiple injuries on the Dline), showing up late for a team meeting, getting sent home, THEN barely making the plane...well that certainly doesn't bode well for this kid's future. I don't agree that he should be cut now, but he's not doing himself any favors if he wants a future on this team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get this at all.

I don't see anything "sudden" about this. He's been a disappointment since the season began.

Inactive far more weeks than active.

And invisible or worse when he has played.

Follow that up with being sent home for being late (along with Woods) and falling asleep during a team meeting and being called out for that.

And now this week, the latest report is that he almost missed the team flight.

I see nothing "sudden" about a clear pattern with Trysten Hill, none of it good.

All of this is Hill's fault, nobody else's.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of this is Hill's fault, nobody else's.
That's true but my reference was specifically about him "barely" making the team plane. It's happened plenty of times before to players through their career with no mention. But because it's cool to 'pile on Hill' now it's big news.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true but my reference was specifically about him "barely" making the team plane. It's happened plenty of times before to players through their career with no mention. But because it's cool to 'pile on Hill' now it's big news.

I just think it's unnecessarily adding more fuel to the fire. On his part. A guy that's struggling to get on the field should be giving his best effort, not half-****** it and barely showing up on time, especially after being sent home days before.

Think of it this way, if Hill wasn't screwing up and providing the ammo, people couldn't be "piling on" him at all, right?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Mickey (yes the one who praises all things Cowboy), said on yesterday’s Talkin Cowboys that Trysten barely got to the team plane in time.

That along with the thread about Marinelli saying he’s regressing, he’s got a lot of work to do to make the team next year.

Taco squared. The kid actually seems worse. When can we cut him?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its becoming one thing after another. And it all starts with his horrible play on the field. You better get used to it because this kid, like any disappointment is going to get hammered on any devoted fan forum.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not a believer in giving up on young players too early but this is, perhaps, an exception. This kid needs to get right fast because right now, I'm thinking he is cut before the end of the season.

Unreal how big of a screw up this is. Can't even say that this is unexpected because this was the book on him at Central Florida.

What a dream it would be to get rid of both Marinelli and the clapper in the offseason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just listening to today's episode and I have to say that sometimes, these talking heads really piss me off. Between the constant rhetoric of how "irreplaceable" and "valuable" Tyrone Crawford was (yeah right!), they talk about guys like Jeff Heath and his injury like it's actually a bad thing. Did anyone see any dropoff when Thompson came into the game Monday Night? No. If anything, things looked markedly better. Exactly how the pass rush has looked without Crawford. They talked the same about Anthony Brown and him coming back from injury. Does anyone honestly want to see him handed the nickel job back over Jordan Lewis? Anyone? But these fools again and again talk like this is the greatest lineup in football history and that each and every one of them are irreplaceable. All results to the contrary.

The fact is that this team has carried some dead weight around for several years now, and we're finally getting to see that get exposed by better players replacing them.

And it's galling to hear media people trying to convince us otherwise.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I completely agree with that.

Hopefully he will learn some common sense during the off season.

Yes, he desperately needs to learn common sense and become sharper than he currently is. We need him to be as sharp as a sword, but he's unfortunately as sharp as a plastic butter knife.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I was just listening to today's episode and I have to say that sometimes, these talking heads really piss me off. Between the constant rhetoric of how "irreplaceable" and "valuable" Tyrone Crawford was (yeah right!), they talk about guys like Jeff Heath and his injury like it's actually a bad thing. Did anyone see any dropoff when Thompson came into the game Monday Night? No. If anything, things looked markedly better. Exactly how the pass rush has looked without Crawford. They talked the same about Anthony Brown and him coming back from injury. Does anyone honestly want to see him handed the nickel job back over Jordan Lewis? Anyone? But these fools again and again talk like this is the greatest lineup in football history and that each and every one of them are irreplaceable. All results to the contrary.

The fact is that this team has carried some dead weight around for several years now, and we're finally getting to see that get exposed by better players replacing them.

And it's galling to hear media people trying to convince us otherwise.

Clearly this team does not watch film on defensive tackles in the offseason. If it had they’d have seen Crawford couldn’t shed blocks even from bouncers. They had their chance to move on, and they did. To Trysten Hill. :laugh: