Per Talkin Cowboys - Hill barely made the team plane

Tussinman

Reaction score
lol at being a 2nd rounder at a need position and then being inactive. Almost as embarassing as that local kid from JJ Pearce (coleman) who was a mid 1st rounder and got placed on 2 different teams practice squad.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Being an athlete versus being a talented player is not semantics. Someone being able to run fast doesn't make them a good corner.

What does Hill do well (i.e. What is he so talented at)?
He has an unusual burst off the line and has the ability to angle himself to hit that first gap to get through.
That's what he does well and he's uniquely well at doing that.
It's after that moment that kills everything.
And when he doesn't succeed at squeaking through his gap...

links18

Reaction score
Sounds like another big swing and a miss from Marinelli with the first pick in a draft.

nobody

Reaction score
They definitely need to stop with the project player headcases.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Blame Marinelli who doesn't know how to utilize him. Old man is stuck in his ways, and doesn't know how to properly scheme the rotation.

LittleD

Reaction score
But Marinelli had him sign a contract promising he would always give 110%!!!!

How stupid is that

Marinelli spent lots of time with him. Marinelli vouched for him. Marinelli was instrumental in getting him picked...
So just who needs to go first... That's right friends. Oh, and he can take Jason with him.

Eightneight

Reaction score
They need to quit reaching for these troubled players. Gregory, Hill, Hardy etc.... They used to draft captains and players with high character and lately they've been rolling the dice on guys like this and it's not working. It looks like last year's draft class is a bust with the exception of Pollard.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another screw up? Jeez our fans are so miserable. FYI, they’ve drafted better than any team in recent years.

If you're upset, I know I'm on the right track. Keep projecting your own "hate" onto everyone else.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
We have a celebration fail.
giphy.gif

CWR

Reaction score
I know the dummy didn’t know about game day inactives. Let’s see if he knows anything about team fines?

Take every penny you can from him and send him packing if hes only here to waste out time and resources.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Take every penny you can from him and send him packing if hes only here to waste out time and resources.

Some people have to learn the hard way. Negative reinforcement is also an effective teaching method.

Reactions: CWR

Beaker42

Reaction score
hindsight is 20/20, it’s not like DT wasn’t an equal position of need. Obviously we thought his attitude wasn’t going to be a problem and right now he’s not living up to his word. We’ve had less draft misses the past 10 years than pretty much every other team though so what’s your point?
BS excuse making. We could’ve gotten our starting FS in the 2nd AND this bonehead in the 5th, maybe even 6th.

visionary

Reaction score
Nope
Can’t ‘give up on him’
We need to waste a roster spot on him and pretend like we are addressing the needs at DT for at least 2 years before we cut him

cern

Reaction score
I can respect a difference of opinion. But I'm still smarting from the release of this team's 2017 1st round pick. To follow that up with cutting a 2nd rounder after less than one year? Too much for me, especially while the coaches who led the charge for both and overruled scouts still get to keep their jobs.
Today's trash was yesterdays fresh food. Quinn and Bennett more than make up for taco and hill. It sucks to miss on high draft picks, but it happens. No sense keeping bad attitudes around the good attitudes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Today's trash was yesterdays fresh food. Quinn and Bennett more than make up for taco and hill. It sucks to miss on high draft picks, but it happens. No sense keeping bad attitudes around the good attitudes.

Too bad it doesn't work that way.