Personal Photos!

aria

Reaction score
Between Whistler and Vancouver, coming back from snowboarding trip.

3ZxrwwB.jpg

kimrose

Reaction score
Between Whistler and Vancouver, coming back from snowboarding trip.

3ZxrwwB.jpg

Wow, Aria. Wow! I really do wish the likes hadn't been disabled. I don't understand with a picture thread. But ok. Anyway, I like this one a lot! :)
:starspin::hammer:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I took another picture. This is The Pleiades or AKA Messier 45 or AKA The Seven Sisters.

The Pleiades is a open star cluster located in the constellation of Taurus not far from the Orion Constellation. It is clearly visible in the sky to the naked eye on a clear night right now.

This consists of a total of two hours of exposure. Thirty minutes of Luminance, Red, Green, and Blue filters combined into a single RGB color image.

I have two artifacts in it. Bad columns that I will need to reprocess this image to remove them. :( That said, overall I'm very happy with the outcome!

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/6spyMOjs3N5BW_S8VE8Atk0kOodyL8inQGyjnfnZKmkcUB5dkUXvVTak-vmya7-fY3AajNVeh5p1KXs5Hxth5NPHguCmebr5TuKSpCxyEj8fBnb4ARObpAOqzwP9dirzQ-Rbov5hF04FtRKaGXqygz5c2Wv_LWen9nRRGdgYvqowWdlUjxqmbwqRitVCftSLJPdc6KWUzR5XdILX7i4Npe334oipybPEt4Ov5CHibsFYO9GQq3c05KyGAiOaDZtZUrWvc1yrV5GN24lEYUOP6TndB2ZFRmXerYVA74CYHmrdcuSORZmf6QmOIgEF7yTj90qIdbCu8v2LzJMMluXIpq3VRXPjzCRwBouIO3wIRxZzEG_bm31QSU-lFiezYmjjdfjmNCPawbHQxxc6oRaRD4RWP3j85VJznocaCbzUVrt8-GI9Ckh5QrnJlyjZ5ZX-UjMmGo3XLbWMrauadfOHfF2IhMzPl2n2rWfaJc2m1y-NuP4VB9AUUSV3MRj1uMQlKXww3eJ0XJZmvCEzDsVfyHq0ePImM_KPIGB4vVkvF3tc1ke4tuXQM5gmpmsE8NVwxwFgx-O98z1xqaX4rhRNwRZaQvEHanMFZqZMDXig0KI0FlV4ELBpUfTBfBuTZ8s81lZ8kRGK2n_8oLWWxLf6sP-55xtp6ob1yHSX=w1173-h770-no

SlammedZero

Reaction score
My Samsung Galaxy S8 takes amazing photos for it being a cell phone. It has made me want to get into photography a little more. Not to do any professional work by any means but just learn little tips and tricks to take nice photos.

Nice work in this thread everybody!!

aria

Reaction score
Front yard yesterday. I'll call it "Nice Catch"

pVPiQs3.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I agree, my lady. Grrrrr :mad::mad:
LOL. The plot thickens now. My gosh we just have to beat them. IF we play like we did vs KC, we'll be fine. Now remember, the only team that they really played was KC and now their schedule gets a little tougher, FINALLY. It's a must win against them fools. They're already talking SB around these parts. But yet last year when I said SB when our 'boys were tearing it up, they laughed.
Go figure those Egals fans lol.

aria

Reaction score
I took another picture. This is The Pleiades or AKA Messier 45 or AKA The Seven Sisters.

The Pleiades is a open star cluster located in the constellation of Taurus not far from the Orion Constellation. It is clearly visible in the sky to the naked eye on a clear night right now.

This consists of a total of two hours of exposure. Thirty minutes of Luminance, Red, Green, and Blue filters combined into a single RGB color image.

I have two artifacts in it. Bad columns that I will need to reprocess this image to remove them. :( That said, overall I'm very happy with the outcome!

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/6spyMOjs3N5BW_S8VE8Atk0kOodyL8inQGyjnfnZKmkcUB5dkUXvVTak-vmya7-fY3AajNVeh5p1KXs5Hxth5NPHguCmebr5TuKSpCxyEj8fBnb4ARObpAOqzwP9dirzQ-Rbov5hF04FtRKaGXqygz5c2Wv_LWen9nRRGdgYvqowWdlUjxqmbwqRitVCftSLJPdc6KWUzR5XdILX7i4Npe334oipybPEt4Ov5CHibsFYO9GQq3c05KyGAiOaDZtZUrWvc1yrV5GN24lEYUOP6TndB2ZFRmXerYVA74CYHmrdcuSORZmf6QmOIgEF7yTj90qIdbCu8v2LzJMMluXIpq3VRXPjzCRwBouIO3wIRxZzEG_bm31QSU-lFiezYmjjdfjmNCPawbHQxxc6oRaRD4RWP3j85VJznocaCbzUVrt8-GI9Ckh5QrnJlyjZ5ZX-UjMmGo3XLbWMrauadfOHfF2IhMzPl2n2rWfaJc2m1y-NuP4VB9AUUSV3MRj1uMQlKXww3eJ0XJZmvCEzDsVfyHq0ePImM_KPIGB4vVkvF3tc1ke4tuXQM5gmpmsE8NVwxwFgx-O98z1xqaX4rhRNwRZaQvEHanMFZqZMDXig0KI0FlV4ELBpUfTBfBuTZ8s81lZ8kRGK2n_8oLWWxLf6sP-55xtp6ob1yHSX=w1173-h770-no
That's so cool, please continue to post these types of pictures with the descriptions so we know what we're looking at. Very fascinating!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That's so cool, please continue to post these types of pictures with the descriptions so we know what we're looking at. Very fascinating!

Thanks! No like button damnit! hah

I'm hoping to take some images of the Rosette Nebula this weekend, but we will see how it goes. My intention is to take it in narrow band wavelengths. That basically means I want to image it in extremely specific colors and ignore the rest. The other two images I've posted here are mostly full color spectrum.

If it turns out as well as M45, it should be awesome, but in truth. This is the first time I've tried a solely three tone narrow band (Ha, SII, and OIII) astronomical image!

Ha = Hydrogen Alpha (basically an exotic red)
SII = Suphur II (darker red)
OIII = Oxygen III (more blue color)

The colors are basically the very specific colors that these elements reflect as light or shall I saw color. (Hydrogen, Suphur, and Oxygen) So I'm only recording light reflected from those three elements and only seeing what they reflect. Basically ignoring all other light.

This is an example of a Ha, SII, and OIII image and why I'm so hyped to try and take one! (the universe's natural art!)

This is the Western Veil Nebula in narrow band colors. (the blue is oxygen (yep, that we breath!) floating in space!)

gtFukZn.jpg

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I'm hoping to take some images of the Rosette Nebula this weekend, but we will see how it goes. My intention is to take it in narrow band wavelengths. That basically means I want to image it in extremely specific colors and ignore the rest. The other two images I've posted here are mostly full color spectrum.

If it turns out as well as M45, it should be awesome, but in truth. This is the first time I've tried a solely three tone narrow band (Ha, SII, and OIII) astronomical image!

Ha = Hydrogen Alpha (basically a deep red)

The colors are basically the very specific colors that these elements reflect. (Hydrogen, Suphur, and Oxygen) So I'm only recording light reflected from those three elements and only seeing what they reflect. Basically ignoring all other light.

This is an example of a Ha, SII, and OIII image and why I'm so hyped to try and take one!

This is the Western Veil Nebula in narrow band colors. (the blue is oxygen floating in space!)

gtFukZn.jpg

How do you take these photos? Do you live on a mountain in Chile with a telescope the size of a football field? :huh:

aria

Reaction score

Ha = Hydrogen Alpha (basically an exotic red)

The colors are basically the very specific colors that these elements reflect as light or shall I saw color. (Hydrogen, Suphur, and Oxygen) So I'm only recording light reflected from those three elements and only seeing what they reflect. Basically ignoring all other light.

This is an example of a Ha, SII, and OIII image and why I'm so hyped to try and take one! (the universe's natural art!)

This is the Western Veil Nebula in narrow band colors. (the blue is oxygen (yep, that we breath!) floating in space!)

gtFukZn.jpg
Unbelievable! It doesn't even look real. It just amazes me how much is out there that we can't see with the naked eye or with telescopes for that matter. I'm surprised you don't sell any of these.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
How do you take these photos? Do you live on a mountain in Chile with a telescope the size of a football field? :huh:

I take them two ways. Locally and then again with remote telescopes in very dark areas of New Mexico with extremely high end equipment. My equipment (combined) is likely in the $7k range. (that is multiples setups, not just one) The rented New Mexico equipment is likely in the $30k range if not more. (for a single setup!)

I wish I could take images in the mountain tops of Chile. That would be unreal!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Unbelievable! It doesn't even look real. It just amazes me how much is out there that we can't see with the naked eye or with telescopes for that matter. I'm surprised you don't sell any of these.

I'm a junior guy. Besides, we have the Hubble Telescopes that is in space and has no issues of atmosphere screwing up the image it's takening. There are guys far better than I and more than half of my images are garbage. I've been lucky a few times.

Google "Terry Hancock" images and then click the images link in Google's search. Dear god I suck compared to him!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm a junior guy. Besides, we have the Hubble Telescopes that is in space and has no issues of atmosphere screwing up the image it's takening. There are guys far better than I and more than half of my images are garbage. I've been lucky a few times.

Google "Terry Hancock" images and then click the images link in Google's search. Dear god I suck compared to him!

Nice, sounds way too complicated for me though :laugh:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Tabasc,

Beauty is in the eye of nature. Meaning pure mathematics. When the math doesn't compute. You get ugly. When it does. You're in pure awe....

The brain calculates beauty automatically. **** happens....

Last edited: