Pet Cats Thread...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I was playin' around with the boys on another forum, and suddenly thought that with all this talk about "pet cats", we ought to start a thread where the regulars could post their personal pet cats... I propose that we limit it to 5 or 6 players tops, preferably players that will be found as you move down the draft, not all in the first or second round... I'll kick things off:

Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma-- the best interior lineman in this draft...

William Moore, S, Missouri-- 06 and 07 were more accurate gauges of his talent than 08 was...

Jarett Dillard, WR, Rice-- playmaker...

Roy Miller, NT, Texas-- because I love me some Horns, and it's my list...

Quan Cosby, WR/KR, Texas-- the second coming of K-Mart...

Brice McCain, CB, Utah-- speed kills...

So, who are YOUR pet cats??

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Jason Phillips-Scrappy guy that is just a team guy and hard worker. The next Zach Thomas

Lawrence Sidbury-His spin move is deadly and an above average pass rusher to go along with Spencer and Ware

Larry English- Reminds me of D-Ware. he'll be a 8-10 sack guy his whole career in a 3-4

Louis Delmas- can roam centerfield and lay the lumber if needed. Imagine Bob Sanders never getting injured. That Louis.

Hakeem Nicks- Perenial Pro-bowler IMO and just inhales balls thrown to him. snatches the ball with his hands and physical WR that can break tackles.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I just have a bunch of players I like, no real guy that I will bleed for

I'd say I really want Vandy CB DJ Moore, South Carolina WR Kenny McKinley, Arizona WR Mike Thomas, Alabama FS Rashad Johnson, Norwestern DT John Gill, VTech CB Victor Harris

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It's all about playmakers! Greatness is playmakers + intangibles!!

C Alex Mack, California - the best C in the draft, perfect for Houck's scheme AND Romo friendly!!!

LB Paul Kruger, Utah - fiery & tough leader; explosive first step, instincts & awareness make up for his average 40 time; football IQ, size & athleticism to transition & excel inside

S Pat Chung, Oregon - hard hitting & surest tackling DB in the draft; leadership, smarts, speed & proven playmaking; always around the ball

DL Mitch King, Iowa - violent & active hands, intensity, leadership, outstanding technique, amazing first step, high motor, high character, most dominant DL in the Big 10_while I absolutely love his attitude, he is a playmaker & could immediately impact D in many ways: goal line MLB, nickel DL, ST, on field & off field leadership

ILB Jason Williams, Western Illinois - small school stud who consistently produced & lead his team/league in every phase of the position: TFL, Sacks, FF, tackles (3rd in league) & coverage stud; on field production backed up by measurables: 6'1 245 4.46

FB/H-Back James Casey, Rice - most versatile & devastating offensive weapon last season, scored multiple TDs at RB, QB, WR, TE; production matched by his work ethic, motor, toughness, character & team first attitude; 40 time is not exceptional but amazing body control, hands & very physical after the catch_very strong & explosive

OLB David Veikune, Hawaii - looks to seperate ball carriers & QBs from their heads, nevermind the ball; great first step, strong as a bull, can leverage the edge, quiet on & off field, but plays w/an physicality and nastiness; explodes into tackles; plays faster than he times

LB Zack Follett, California - fiery & ferocious tackler (top 3 most explosive hitter in NCAA), double digit sacks as a first time 3-4 OLB; super versatile & productive, double digit TFL as 4-3 MLB, 4-3 OLB or 3-4 OLB; motor never ever stops

CB/S/KR Lardarius Webb, Nicholls State - blazing fast (4.35), physical & fearless against the run; super aggressive agains the pass; playmaker at corner, safety or returner; super confident

I also like C Eric Wood, C Max Unger, DL Sammie Lee Hill, NT Roy Miller, DL John Faletoese, OLB Stryker Sulak, WR Mike Thomas, WR Johnny Knox, OG Roger Allen, CB Brice McCain, FB Marcus Mailei for similar reasons_proven playmaking + intangibles

Not pet cats, but both Connor Barwin & Michael Johnson intrigue he heck out of me.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Delmas FS
Robinson OG
Nicks WR
Sidbury (34 OLB)
English (34 OLB)
Dilliard WR
Thomas WR
Sammie Hill NT
Brinkley ILB

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Robiske, Phillips, Shaughnessy, Brinkley & Tupou (as a Guard, not tackle)

Woods

Reaction score
BAT;2736863 said:
You da man!

I really hope we take one of these guys.

I don't think we've shown interest in Kruger, but we have shown interest in Veikune.

I don't think that Veikune will last until our 1st 4th round pick, though.

I don't mind taking him at 69.

Or maybe even trade down 5 spots in Round 3 and take him then.

Woods

Reaction score
BAT;2736867 said:
It's all about playmakers! Greatness is playmakers + intangibles!!

C Alex Mack, California - the best C in the draft, perfect for Houck's scheme AND Romo friendly!!!

LB Paul Kruger, Utah - fiery & tough leader; explosive first step, instincts & awareness make up for his average 40 time; football IQ, size & athleticism to transition & excel inside

S Pat Chung, Oregon - hard hitting & surest tackling DB in the draft; leadership, smarts, speed & proven playmaking; always around the ball

DL Mitch King, Iowa - violent & active hands, intensity, leadership, outstanding technique, amazing first step, high motor, high character, most dominant DL in the Big 10_while I absolutely love his attitude, he is a playmaker & could immediately impact D in many ways: goal line MLB, nickel DL, ST, on field & off field leadership

ILB Jason Williams, Western Illinois - small school stud who consistently produced & lead his team/league in every phase of the position: TFL, Sacks, FF, tackles (3rd in league) & coverage stud; on field production backed up by measurables: 6'1 245 4.46

FB/H-Back James Casey, Rice - most versatile & devastating offensive weapon last season, scored multiple TDs at RB, QB, WR, TE; production matched by his work ethic, motor, toughness, character & team first attitude; 40 time is not exceptional but amazing body control, hands & very physical after the catch_very strong & explosive

OLB David Veikune, Hawaii - looks to seperate ball carriers & QBs from their heads, nevermind the ball; great first step, strong as a bull, can leverage the edge, quiet on & off field, but plays w/an physicality and nastiness; explodes into tackles; plays faster than he times

LB Zack Follett, California - fiery & ferocious tackler (top 3 most explosive hitter in NCAA), double digit sacks as a first time 3-4 OLB; super versatile & productive, double digit TFL as 4-3 MLB, 4-3 OLB or 3-4 OLB; motor never ever stops

CB/S/KR Lardarius Webb, Nicholls State - blazing fast (4.35), physical & fearless against the run; super aggressive agains the pass; playmaker at corner, safety or returner; super confident

I also like C Eric Wood, C Max Unger, DL Sammie Lee Hill, NT Roy Miller, DL John Faletoese, OLB Stryker Sulak, WR Mike Thomas, WR Johnny Knox, OG Roger Allen, CB Brice McCain, FB Marcus Mailei for similar reasons_proven playmaking + intangibles

Not pet cats, but both Connor Barwin & Michael Johnson intrigue he heck out of me.

I think it was JJ who said that this year we're going to focus on drafting football players, not athletes. (Though I think we did a nice job last year of doing that as well.)

If that's the case, hopefully we draft at least one of your guys.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
silverbear;2736823 said:
I was playin' around with the boys on another forum, and suddenly thought that with all this talk about "pet cats", we ought to start a thread where the regulars could post their personal pet cats... I propose that we limit it to 5 or 6 players tops, preferably players that will be found as you move down the draft, not all in the first or second round... I'll kick things off:

Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma-- the best interior lineman in this draft...

William Moore, S, Missouri-- 06 and 07 were more accurate gauges of his talent than 08 was...

Jarett Dillard, WR, Rice-- playmaker...

Roy Miller, NT, Texas-- because I love me some Horns, and it's my list...

Quan Cosby, WR/KR, Texas-- the second coming of K-Mart...

Brice McCain, CB, Utah-- speed kills...

So, who are YOUR pet cats??

I'm not so sure I have "pet cats" as I do a wish list by position. If Dallas could come out of this draft with a handful of these guys I would be very happy.

The bolded names are the ones I guess would be considered my "Pet Cats"

QB:
Stephen McGee-Texas A&M
Mike Reilly-Central Washington
Rhett Bomar-Sam Houston St
Chase Clement-Rice

RB:
Ian Johnson-Boise St
Devin Moore-Wyoming
Antone Smith-Florida St

FB:
Tony Fiammetta-Syracuse
John Crone-Richmond
Eric Kattani-Navy

TE:
John Phillips-Virginia
Richard Quinn-North Carolina
Zach Miller-Nebraska-Omaha
Travis Beckum-Wisconsin
John Nalbone-Monmouth NJ (my cousin:p:)

WR:
Tiquan Underwood-Rutgers
Mike Wallace-Mississippi
Aaron Kelly-Clemson
Brain Robiskie-Ohio St
Dominique Edison-Stephen F. Austin
Hakeem Nicks-North Carolina
Johnny Knox-Abilene Christian
Deon Butler-Penn St
Derrick Williams-Penn St
Sammie Stroughter-Oregon St
Brooks Foster-North Carolina
Dudley Guice-Northwestern St
Julian Edelman-Kent St
Tommy Breaux-Towson

OT:
Lydon Mertha-Nebraska
Joel Bell-Furman
Jamon Meredith-South Carolina
Gerald Codogan-Penn St
Sebastian Vollmer-Houston
Andrew Gardner-Georgia Tech

OG:
Brandon Walker-Oklahoma
Andy Kemp-Wisconsin
Kraig Urbick-Wisconsin
Duke Robinson-Oklahoma
Herman Johnson-LSU
T.J. Lang-Eastern Michigan
Louis Vasquez-Texas Tech
Chris Jamison-Troy
Lance Louis-San Diego St

OC:
A.Q. Shipley-Penn St
Eric Wood-Louisville
Blake Schlueter-TCU
Dallas Reynolds-BYU
Rob Bruggeman-Iowa

DT:
Chris Baker-Hampton
Roy Miller-Texas
Dorell Scott-Clemson
Khalif Mitchell-East Carolina
Myron Pryor-Kentucky
Sammie Lee Hill-Stillman
Ra'Shon Harris-Oregon
Corey Irvin-Georgia
John Gill-Northwestern
Antonio Dixon-Miami Fl

DE:
Jarron Gilbert-San Jose St
Lawrence Sidbury-Richmond
Brandon Williams-Texas Tech
Will Johnson-Michigan
Everette Pedescleaux-Northern Iowa
Jeremy Navarre-Maryland
Rhyan Anderson-New Mexico St
Desmond Bryant-Harvard
Josh Gaines-Penn St

OLB:
Marcus Freeman-Ohio St
Zack Follett-California
Larry English-Northern Illinois
Clint Sintim-Virginia
Jason Williams-Western Illinois
Dan Skuta-Grand Valley St

ILB:
Jasper Brinkley-South Carolina
Dannell Ellerbe-Georgia
Gerald McRath-Southern Mississippi
Jason Phillips-TCU
Darry Beckwith-LSU
Antonio Appleby-Virginia
Spencer Adkins-Miami Fl

CB:
Kevin Barnes-Maryland
Bradley Fletcher-Iowa
Lardarius Webb-Nicholls St
Sean Smith-Utah
Alphonso Smith-Wake Forest
Keenan Lewis-Oregon St
Gregory Toler-St. Pauls
Brice McCain-Utah
Tony Carter-Florida St
Michael Ray Garvin-Florida St
Jason McCourty-Rutgers
Jamar Love-Arkansas
Reggie Jones-Portland St

SS:
William Moore-Missouri
Chip Vaughn-Wake Forest
Michael Hamlin-Clemson
Al Afalava-Oregon St
De'Von Hall-Utah St
Bryan Williams-Akron
Anthony Scirroto-Penn St

FS:
David Burton-Notre Dame
C.J. Spillman-Marshall
Darcel McBath-Texas Tech
Rashad Johnson-Alabama
Chris Clemons-Clemson
DeAngelo Willingham-Tennessee
Nate Ness-Arizona
Carldayle Brantley-Florida Atlantic

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2736832 said:
Louis Delmas- can roam centerfield and lay the lumber if needed. Imagine Bob Sanders never getting injured. That Louis.

Except Delmas actually has some history of making plays on the ball, and Sanders doesnt.

If Delmas truly is the "next Bob Sanders" I want to change my mock, because I dont want that player. I want someone who can actually make plays.

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2736832 said:
Jason Phillips-Scrappy guy that is just a team guy and hard worker. The next Zach Thomas

Lawrence Sidbury-His spin move is deadly and an above average pass rusher to go along with Spencer and Ware

Larry English- Reminds me of D-Ware. he'll be a 8-10 sack guy his whole career in a 3-4

Hakeem Nicks- Perenial Pro-bowler IMO and just inhales balls thrown to him. snatches the ball with his hands and physical WR that can break tackles.

Seems like all of your pet cats are first or second round prospects (except Phillips)... that's the easy way out, ol' buddy, don't you have any pet cats likely to go in the middle to late rounds??

Not that the players you mentioned are unworthy of pet cat status, you understand... there isn't a player on that list I don't like...

silverbear

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2736835 said:
I just have a bunch of players I like, no real guy that I will bleed for

I'd say I really want Vandy CB DJ Moore, South Carolina WR Kenny McKinley, Arizona WR Mike Thomas, Alabama FS Rashad Johnson, Norwestern DT John Gill, VTech CB Victor Harris

A nice, eclectic list... I like Gill a lot, that's a good call... I see him as 3-4 DE...

silverbear

Reaction score
dbair1967;2736897 said:
Except Delmas actually has some history of making plays on the ball, and Sanders doesnt.

If Delmas truly is the "next Bob Sanders" I want to change my mock, because I dont want that player. I want someone who can actually make plays.

Aren't any of you Delmas fans disturbed by the scouting reports that say he's been burned by play fakes a LOT??

And from what I've read, the guy will put the lumber to ya, but he's not really all that great in coverage (perhaps because of the biting on play fakes thing)... that sounds like a smaller Roy to me...

I keep hearing the Boys really like him, and I keep wondering why... can anybody offer me a take on what he would bring to the Boys, to make them so hot for him??

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am loaded with pet cats.

Daniel Hotlzclaw, ILB, Eastern Michigan

Sean Smith, FS, Utah

Mike Thomas, WR/PR/KR, Arizona

Dallas Reynolds, OG, BYU

Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond

Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State

Chase Holbrook, QB, New Mexico State (the only QB who has not been in my mocks)

Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

Chase Daniels, QB, Missouri (as a UDFA project)

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

David Veikune, DE/OLB, Hawaii

Mitch King, DT, Iowa (I wish he fit the 3-4. Love his football motor.)

Woods

Reaction score
silverbear;2736917 said:
Aren't any of you Delmas fans disturbed by the scouting reports that say he's been burned by play fakes a LOT??

And from what I've read, the guy will put the lumber to ya, but he's not really all that great in coverage (perhaps because of the biting on play fakes thing)... that sounds like a smaller Roy to me...

I keep hearing the Boys really like him, and I keep wondering why... can anybody offer me a take on what he would bring to the Boys, to make them so hot for him??

SilverBear,

Let me try to give you my unbiased view (unlike some posters :) ).

First, according to several guides (as I'm sure you know), there is wild speculation among Chung, Delmas, and even R Johnson ratings on who is better.

NFLDraftScouts, for example, had Chung rated slightly higher than Delmas.

I'd have to say though that all in all the consensus is that Delmas rates slightly ahead of the other Safeties.

Why I think the Cowboys like Delmas is that he can play both the pass and run (though some scouts have pointed out that he doesn't take great angles), and that he is interchangeable between FS and SS - and that fits what the Cowboys are trying to do going forward it appears.

Also, his play at the Senior Bowl, I believe, was very good and matched his consistency in college (even though it was versus inferior competition relative to his draftable peers). He does have hands for the interception and can play the deep ball - probably better than Chung.

Interestingly, Delmas, Chung, and R Johnson are all roughly the same size, and their 40 times are roughly the same (they are all 4.5 40 guys).

Anyway, I'm sure many will disagree with me on my analysis.

Personally, I'd be happy with Delmas, Chung, or R Johnson.

EDIT: I'd also add that I think that Chung may be better than Delmas versus the run, but Delmas and Johnson may be better than Chung versus the pass.

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;2736934 said:
I am loaded with pet cats.

Daniel Hotlzclaw, ILB, Eastern Michigan

Mike Thomas, WR/PR/KR, Arizona

Dallas Reynolds, OG, BYU

Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond

Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State

Chase Holbrook, QB, New Mexico State (the only QB who has not been in my mocks)

Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

Chase Daniels, QB, Missouri (as a UDFA project)

Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

David Veikune, DE/OLB, Hawaii

Mitch King, DT, Iowa (I wish he fit the 3-4. Love his football motor.)

It appears many of us like Veikune. I really hope we get him.

I'm torn on Sidbury. It seems his sack production, for example, was sort of on and off. Like versus Montana, I believe, he had around 3-4 sacks, or about 25% of his total for the season. Maybe I'm just being too picky . . . . but I've read several times that for a guy with Sidbury's measureables, and who he was playing against, his production should have been much greater.

I can't say I watched his games though, just highlight clips.

Love to get your opinion on him, Hos.

Spectre

Reaction score
WR Kenny Mckinley....
"here kitty, kitty, kitty..."

Like Mike Thomas, too.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
any USC player.

Just kidding.

I really want Sean Smith, Louis Delmas, or Brian Robiskie at #51.

As far as the rest of the draft, my pets would be:
Mike Thomas WR Arizona
Herman Johnson G LSU
Antoine Caldwell C Alabama
Hunter Cantwll QB Louisville

I'm also hoping we grab Michael Ray Garvin from Florida State in the 7th round or sign him as a UDFA.