Pet Cats Thread...

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Marquez Branson / FB-TE / Central Arkansas - I'd love to see this kid lined up at FB and as a check down for Romo .

Cornelius Lewis / OT-OG / Tennessee State - Can't say that I've ever watched a Tennessee State game , but the kid sounds like the type of big mauler I love .

Connor Barwin / DE-LB / Cincinnati - Reminds me of Vrabel and looks like could line up anywhere .

Michael Hamlin / SS / Clemson - Great tackler and ballhawk . He and William Moore are my favorite two safeties in this draft .

dmoore

Reaction score
I like a lot of WRs in this years class. It's normally the position I like to follow the most. That said, here's a couple of guys I like.

Louis Murphy, WR, Florida: I think he's got everything you'd want in a WR. Was over looked on a very talented team. Good speed and size.

Brandon Tate, WR, UNC: If healthy, I think he can be a difference maker. Instant upgrade on special teams.

Brian Hoyer, QB, MSU: After Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, and Ball, Hoyer's the next QB on my list. He's being very underrated. He should be a good QB at the next level. Drops and MSU's offense didn't do him any favors.

Londen Fryer, CB, Western Michigan: Was a very productive CB at WMU. Would be good depth and can be had in the late rounds.

I love Delmas, but I don't think he really needs to be pimped anymore.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;2737345 said:
Marquez Branson / FB-TE / Central Arkansas - I'd love to see this kid lined up at FB and as a check down for Romo.

This kid could be a super sleeper at FB. He's also a very willing blocker, tough though undersized. Nice pick.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
BAT;2737349 said:
This kid could be a super sleeper at FB. He's also a very willing blocker, tough though undersized. Nice pick.

I've wanted Dallas to pick up a versatile FB for years . Cricket is anything but versatile . I really wanted Jacob Hester last season , and this year Branson is my cat . I love those do anything guys that will willing go where ever you point them . Plus I think he'd be Romo's best friend on check down passes .

RS12

Reaction score
Love Mike Thomas, William Beatty, Craig Urbik.

Dont understand the Duke Robinson Love. Every scouting report I've read says poor work ethic and makes too many mistakes. Dont the boys have enough of those types?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RS12;2737401 said:
Love Mike Thomas, William Beatty, Craig Urbik.

Dont understand the Duke Robinson Love. Every scouting report I've read says poor work ethic and makes too many mistakes. Dont the boys have enough of those types?

too many

the best OG in the draft shouldn't be rated as low as Duke is

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Rashad Johnson, Mike Thomas, Johnny Knox, and Stephen McGee.

And Fiammetta's a personal favorite who I think would help with an increased running game, but I doubt the Cowboys feel he's worth a fourth round pick.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The homer in me wants Pat White to be a Cowboy. However I would not take him before the 4th round.

Woods

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2737593 said:
The homer in me wants Pat White to be a Cowboy. However I would take him before the 4th round.

You mean, "wouldn't take him before the 4th round", right?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2736897 said:
Except Delmas actually has some history of making plays on the ball, and Sanders doesnt.

If Delmas truly is the "next Bob Sanders" I want to change my mock, because I dont want that player. I want someone who can actually make plays.

LOL. I say he's the next Bob Sanders, but healthy Bob Sanders ALL the time. When Bob Sanders is healthy I don't think there's a better safety that makes a huge impact other than him in the NFL. Well maybe Ed Reed. 4 picks last year says he can make some plays and has pretty good instincts.

The guy hasn't missed a start in his 4 years at WMU. People say he won't hold up but he's proven people wrong his whole career. Ya he hasn't played the best talent but that's a useless argument because Greg Jennings went there and he seems to be doing well. Keep him in your mock Dblair.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods;2737603 said:
You mean, "wouldn't take him before the 4th round", right?

I have no clue what you are talking about.:p:

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
QB: Chase Daniels, Rhett Bomar
WR: Percy Harvin, Patrick Turner, Derrick Williams, Mike Thomas, Jarret Dillard
OL: Eric Wood, Duke Robinson, Antoine Caldwell
DL: Ron Brace, Terrence Taylor, Conner Barwin, Mitch King
LB: Rey Maualuga, Dannell Ellerbe, Darry Beckwith
CB: Sean Smith, Alponsho Smith, Coye Francies, Macho Harris
S : Louis Delmas, Derek Pegus

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2736917 said:
Aren't any of you Delmas fans disturbed by the scouting reports that say he's been burned by play fakes a LOT??

And from what I've read, the guy will put the lumber to ya, but he's not really all that great in coverage (perhaps because of the biting on play fakes thing)... that sounds like a smaller Roy to me...

I keep hearing the Boys really like him, and I keep wondering why... can anybody offer me a take on what he would bring to the Boys, to make them so hot for him??

There's contradictory reports about him all over the place. It'll say he bites on play action alot, then it says he can roam the centerfield and make plays. Which is it? I'll tell you it's the latter. I've seen him play almost every game the last 2 years and the guy is just punishing. A WR coming across the middle has to think twice before doing it again. 4 picks last year shows he's got some ball skills too, compared to Chung who had 1. Also had over 100 tackles as a safety last year! That's pretty impressive no matter what conference you play in. Can play FS or SS which is a huge plus compared to Vaughn or Chung who are strictly in the box safetys. The defense played poorly last year only because the rest of his teammates sucked balls and had to cover for thier mistakes. Put him on a team filled with defensive talent he will only thrive even more. Him and Hamlin can lay the wood and be leaders back there in the secondary. He'll be named starter after TC after he beats out Sensy and will instantly become a fan favorite in his first game. I'm betting you'll have a sig of him by week 6;)

Next please.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737623 said:
There's contradictory reports about him all over the place. It'll say he bites on play action alot, then it says he can roam the centerfield and make plays. Which is it? I'll tell you it's the latter. I've seen him play almost every game the last 2 years and the guy is just punishing. A WR coming across the middle has to think twice before doing it again. 4 picks last year shows he's got some ball skills too, compared to Chung who had 1. Also had over 100 tackles as a safety last year! That's pretty impressive no matter what conference you play in. Can play FS or SS which is a huge plus compared to Vaughn or Chung who are strictly in the box safetys. The defense played poorly last year only because the rest of his teammates sucked balls and had to cover for thier mistakes. Put him on a team filled with defensive talent he will only thrive even more. Him and Hamlin can lay the wood and be leaders back there in the secondary. He'll be named starter after TC after he beats out Sensy and will instantly become a fan favorite in his first game. I'm betting you'll have a sig of him by week 6;)

Next please.

Uh, there's nothing contradictory in that statement.

Not that I don't believe you, but how did you get to watch every one of Delmas' games the past 2 years? Even if you live in Kalamazoo, how did you afford to travel to their away games? You sound awful young to be independently wealthy.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2737656 said:
Uh, there's nothing contradictory in that statement.

Not that I don't believe you, but how did you get to watch every one of Delmas' games the past 2 years? Even if you live in Kalamazoo, how did you afford to travel to their away games? You sound awful young to be independently wealthy.

If your biting on play actions than your not playing centerfield..your in no man's land and completely out of position to make the play. Unless you happen to just be lucky to be at the right place at the right time.

And it's called ESPN Gameplan. Look into it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2736917 said:
Aren't any of you Delmas fans disturbed by the scouting reports that say he's been burned by play fakes a LOT??

And from what I've read, the guy will put the lumber to ya, but he's not really all that great in coverage (perhaps because of the biting on play fakes thing)... that sounds like a smaller Roy to me...

I keep hearing the Boys really like him, and I keep wondering why... can anybody offer me a take on what he would bring to the Boys, to make them so hot for him??
says the guy who likes the 230 lb safety Wlliam Moore. :lmao2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737774 said:
If your biting on play actions than your not playing centerfield..your in no man's land and completely out of position to make the play. Unless you happen to just be lucky to be at the right place at the right time.

noone is doubting Delma's ability to play CF, but you can still bite on play-fakes playing there, and Delmas has a propensity to be overaggressive
and I doubt Delmas strictly played CF, as not all downs are passing downs, so you have to come up towards the LOS

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2737784 said:
noone is doubting Delma's ability to play CF, but you can still bite on play-fakes playing there, and Delmas has a propensity to be overaggressive
and I doubt Delmas strictly played CF, as not all downs are passing downs, so you have to come up towards the LOS

sure, you saw those videos where he come running up to the LOS and stopped the runner. For all we know the defensive scheme has him rushing in to help out the run because his front 7 sucked. So he could have been sent to the LOS no matter what and it looked like he bit on the play-action. Very plausible.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737774 said:

:lmao2: You can bite on play action from ANYWHERE on the field. LOL. Playing well in center field (relates to pass coverage ability) and biting on play action (relates to read & recognition PLUS aggressiveness as a run defender) are not the same.

Don't need to look into ESPN gameplan, I played the game for over 10 years. :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737792 said:
sure, you saw those videos where he come running up to the LOS and stopped the runner. For all we know the defensive scheme has him rushing in to help out the run because his front 7 sucked. So he could have been sent to the LOS no matter what and it looked like he bit on the play-action. Very plausible.

it's plausible that every draft site and scout on this Earth says that Delmas can be overaggressive and bite on playfakes too