Pet Cats Thread...

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2737794 said:
:lmao2: You can bite on play action from ANYWHERE on the field. LOL. Playing well in center field (relates to pass coverage ability) and biting on play action (relates to read & recognition PLUS aggressiveness as a run defender) are not the same.

Don't need to look into ESPN gameplan, I played the game for over 10 years. :D

That's why you really know nothing about him other than "reports". I've played 5 years..how does that figure into this? Are you declaring for the daft this year? I'm done replying to you because you have your "set" players and there's nothing that I can say that will open you mind a bit.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2737798 said:
it's plausible that every draft site and scout on this Earth says that Delmas can be overaggressive and bite on playfakes too

Same with Chung being an in the box Safety..very plausible too.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737803 said:
Same with Chung being an in the box Safety..very plausible too.

That's all Chung has played. I would say that is absolutely accurate. But b/c he has had limited opportunities playing CF, it is a bit difficult to accurately gauge his ability or inability to do so.

I am sure you watched the combines, Chung looked very fluid in the corner drills. He sunk his hips and turned very well. He is short (about 1/4 inch shorter than Delmas) but he has the strength & speed (4.49 to Delmas' 4.53) to run w/TEs.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2737819 said:
That's all Chung has played. I would say that is absolutely accurate. But b/c he has had limited opportunities playing CF, it is a bit difficult to accurately gauge his ability or inability to do so.

I am sure you watched the combines, Chung looked very fluid in the corner drills. He sunk his hips and turned very well. He is short (about 1/4 inch shorter than Delmas) but he has the strength & speed (4.49 to Delmas' 4.53) to run w/TEs.

it's no use bothering, we all know he wacks off to Delmas in his sleep

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737800 said:
That's why you really know nothing about him other than "reports". I've played 5 years..how does that figure into this? Are you declaring for the daft this year? I'm done replying to you because you have your "set" players and there's nothing that I can say that will open you mind a bit.

If you played 5 years then you should know that even if you had stellar co erage skills playing the ball as a deep safety, it has little bearing to biting on play fakes.

And I have never disliked Delmas, I stated that from the very start. I just don't want him playing alongside Ken Hamlin. They both have the same weaknesses, have a tendency to take bad tackling angles & preference for the big hit in lieu of the secure tackle. Get a sure tackling safety next to him and I would have no trouble at all with Delmas, NONE.

Like you have said to other posters, prove you have watched all of Delmas' games the last 2 seasons.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rampage;2737782 said:
says the guy who likes the 230 lb safety Wlliam Moore. :lmao2:

I see-- all 230 pound safeties have the exact same skillset...

Even if that were true (it's completely ridiculous), your attempt to compare Moore to Roy would be asinine; though William projects to SS in the pros, he played FS in college for 32 games... Roy could never have hoped to play FS...

Here are some other things that NFL Draft Scout has to say about him, tell me that sounds like Roy:

Fast and agile enough to be a true centerfielder in coverage

ball-hawking skills... Led the Big 12 and broke the school single-season record with eight interceptions in 2007

Yeah, when folks talk about Roy, they always talke about what a "true centerfielder in coverage he is", and the word "ballhawk" comes up a lot...

FWIW, Moore weighs 221 pounds, not 230, and ran the 40 under 4.5 seconds at his Pro Day workout, which of course is considerably faster than Roy...

The ONLY thing keepig Moore from being a first round pick, perhaps even a top 10 pick, is the series of injuries that limited him last season... it turns out that he played that brilliant 2007 season with a torn labrum, which he had offseason surgery on... then he sprained his foot in the season opener, later in the season he damaged some rib cartilage against Oklahoma... as a result, he ended up missing two games, and parts of two others...

Even then, he managed to rack up 86 tackles... to further demonstrate how thoroughly ridiculous your comparison is, compare their workout numbers at the combine:

40 yard dash-- Moore 4.49 seconds, Roy 4.53...

20 yard split-- Moore 2.60 seconds, Roy 2.67...

10 yard split-- Moore 1.48 seconds, Roy 1.62 seconds... that's a BIG difference, demonstrating quite clearly Moore's superior QUICKNESS...

Bench press-- Moore 16 reps, Roy 13 reps...

Vertical jump-- Moore 37", Roy 30.5"... again, Moore is considerably more athletic than Roy was...

Broad jump-- Mooore 10'3", Roy 9'7"... again, a BIG difference...

Conclusion-- Roy can only dream of being athletic as William Moore is...

Conclusion 2-- only a fool would try to compare William Moore to Roy Williams, they are two very different players...

Had Moore come out last year, a lot of scouts were saying he would have been a top 10 pick... had he had a healthy 2008, and put up numbers similar to what he did in 07, he'd be a top 10 pick in this year's draft... so basically, my view is that you could be getting a top 10 talent with pick 51 if Moore slides that far... and you'd have the type of player the Boys are looking for at safety these days, one who could swing between free safety and strong safety...

I used to think that you knew something about football, Rampage... :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2737845 said:

Even if that were true (it's completely ridiculous), your attempt to compare Moore to Roy would be asinine; though William projects to SS in the pros, he played FS in college for 32 games... Roy could never have hoped to play FS...

Here are some other things that NFL Draft Scout has to say about him, tell me that sounds like Roy:

Yeah, when folks talk about Roy, they always talke about what a "true centerfielder in coverage he is", and the word "ballhawk" comes up a lot...

FWIW, Moore weighs 221 pounds, not 230, and ran the 40 under 4.5 seconds at his Pro Day workout, which of course is considerably faster than Roy...

The ONLY thing keepig Moore from being a first round pick, perhaps even a top 10 pick, is the series of injuries that limited him last season... it turns out that he played that brilliant 2007 season with a torn labrum, which he had offseason surgery on... then he sprained his foot in the season opener, later in the season he damaged some rib cartilage against Oklahoma... as a result, he ended up missing two games, and parts of two others...

Even then, he managed to rack up 86 tackles... to further demonstrate how thoroughly ridiculous your comparison is, compare their workout numbers at the combine:

10 yard split-- Moore 1.48 seconds, Roy 1.62 seconds... that's a BIG difference, demonstrating quite clearly Moore's superior QUICKNESS...

Vertical jump-- Moore 37", Roy 30.5"... again, Moore is considerably more athletic than Roy was...

Conclusion 2-- only a fool would try to compare William Moore to Roy Williams, they are two very different players...

Had Moore come out last year, a lot of scouts were saying he would have been a top 10 pick... had he had a healthy 2008, and put up numbers similar to what he did in 07, he'd be a top 10 pick in this year's draft... so basically, my view is that you could be getting a top 10 talent with pick 51 if Moore slides that far... and you'd have the type of player the Boys are looking for at safety these days, one who could swing between free safety and strong safety...

he's 230 pounds already and most players gain weight when they go into the pros. William Moore would be McNabb's ****** twice a year if he plays for us.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2737855 said:
he's 230 pounds already and most players gain weight when they go into the pros. William Moore would be McNabb's ****** twice a year if he plays for us.

owned

OWNED
OWNED
OWNED
OWNED OWNED
OWNED
OWNED

OWNED
owNED

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2737857 said:
owned

OWNED
OWNED
OWNED
OWNED OWNED

OWNED
OWNED

OWNED
owNED

:rolleyes:
the guy has skills but he's already so big. we can't take another chance on another 230 lbs safety. unless Moore loses weight he's gonna get abused by NFL passing attacks.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2737845 said:

William Moore is a chili dog eatin LB..I mean Safety. They guy is extremely thick and heavy to cover anyone. There's a reason he was consistantly torched this year. No lateral quickness at all. William Moore will amount to nothing in the NFL. Give him 3 years and he'll be Biscuit Jr. I'd draft him in the 5th and tell him to add 10 pounds then put him as ILB lol..that's all he's worth.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2737862 said:
the guy has skills but he's already so big. we can't take another chance on another 230 lbs safety. unless Moore loses weight he's gonna get abused by NFL passing attacks.

put some effort into a rebuttal, dude just wrote a novel, crushing you, and best you can come up with is generalizations?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2737862 said:

He's an undersized LB..I need my Safeties to be actually cover Chris Cooley.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2737872 said:
put some effort into a rebuttal, dude just wrote a novel, crushing you, and best you can come up with is generalizations?

His novel wasn't even that impressive just a bunch of workout warrior filler trash. So .4 seconds separates legitness and garbage?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737879 said:
His novel wasn't even that impressive just a bunch of workout warrior filler trash. So .4 seconds separates legitness and garbage?

look here Italian Stallion...

Roy Williams is a stiff, William Moore isn't, Roy Williams is an in-the-box safety, Moore is a CFielder

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2737879 said:

LOL....:lmao:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2737872 said:
i've stated my case already he posted some numbers that were barely better than Roy's were. yeah he really crushed me. we'll so who got crushed when moore is getting burnt in the pros assuming he's not just riding the pine.