Pet Peeves

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Some of you have mentioned driving pet peeves. And I agree with all of you! Here's another one. When someone actually has the nerve to pass you in a school zone, right by the school!! It's like what the f?? Are these people crazy?? I actually had a lady pass me in the school zone right beside the school, racing to get to the same school I was driving to, to pick my kid up, just because she wanted a place closer in line. She must have drank too much coffee or energy drinks that day, because school didn't even get out for another ten minutes, and I ended up right behind her in line, anyway. We were like the number 4 and 5 cars. I sure hope she felt like the dumba** she looked like! Ugghh!:mad:

That's actually happened to me twice in this tiny, sleepy little town I live in, with about 2000 residents, where cops swarm during school zone times, because they are so bored. lol. But neither time it happened were there any cops around. Go figure!
:huh::angry:
In san antonio it is against the law to text and drive, but ignorant people do it. What is worse, they do it in a school zone. Also, they show little to no courtesy for school and childcare buses. And nevermind teaching your chid safe practices, like using the designated crosswalk or waiting for the person walking to light up at the crosswalk. Oh, and how about not speeding in a school zone......is that extra 30 seconds you saved worth the ticket or the lives you put in danger?

kimrose

Reaction score
In san antonio it is against the law to text and drive, but ignorant people do it. What is worse, they do it in a school zone. Also, they show little to no courtesy for school and childcare buses. And nevermind teaching your chid safe practices, like using the designated crosswalk or waiting for the person walking to light up at the crosswalk. Oh, and how about not speeding in a school zone......is that extra 30 seconds you saved worth the ticket or the lives you put in danger?

Same in my Texas town, Biggs. The very same. Disgusting. smdh. We actually had a girl almost die in a one car accident a few years ago. A popular rich girl, texting while going around a curve at 45+ mph. She didn't see the upcoming curve from looking at her phone, and went straight into the brush and water filled 6 foot deep ditch. She spent months in the hospital, really barely survived. I thought that might be enough to get the kids to stop. Not so. My son actually saw the same stupid little girl texting while driving about 8 months later. And there are still stupid people of all ages doing the same. It's despicable. I have come to the conclusion that you just can't fix stupid.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People texting or otherwise using their cell phones at a movie theater. If you can't shut off your @#$%ing cell phone for 2 hours to watch a movie, you shouldn't be in there. Don't go to the movie then! Stay home and text your friends.

Apple (and then others( turned millions of people into "Pavlov's Dog" (if you don't know what it is then Google it).

People have become slaves to their phones. Instead of the phone being a tool, it's the dominant partner in the relationship.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I guess I'm old with a lot of gripes, but this one drives me nuts... LOL!

A younger person (usually less than 20) who pays not one iota of attention when they cross the street... The light could be red, pink, blue, green... Doesn't matter. But they're crossing the street because they feel entitled. You slam on the brakes and they look at you like you're the a-hole.

I hear the movie "The Purge" is fictional... Hmm.
Ha!! Not here...try that and its a guaranteed death sentence!! God bless Central America!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People driving slower than **** in the passing lane and won't move over.

People who don't or won't shut off their cell phones in movie theaters.

People who arrive at work at 8:00, then screw off for the first hour and a half before even thinking about working.

People who write checks at the grocery freaking store.

haleyrules

Reaction score
People driving slower than **** in the passing lane and won't move over.

People who don't or won't shut off their cell phones in movie theaters.

People who arrive at work at 8:00, then screw off for the first hour and a half before even thinking about working.

People who write checks at the grocery freaking store.
Ha! Down here...people can pay their utility bills at the local grocery store...man, thats annoying...waiting for some idiotic to use their debit or worse credit card to pay for services at the grocery store check out....wheres my .357...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just saw a girl today driving a Prius with a phone in one hand and using her other putting on earrings. She was all over the road, so I pulled the Ram on her tail and honked away. The wife was pretty annoyed with me :lmao:

MileyDancer

Reaction score
1(a). When people interrupt your story to tell their own story. ****, and let me finish my damn story before you one-up it.
1(b). One-uppers

2. People who talk during a movie. Just. Watch. It.

Now, this one I doubt anyone relates to but...

3. As a [PAST] graffiti artist that has spent countless hours in the TRAIN yard, risking my freedom by painting boxcars and stealing paint, I HATE kids that go paint a train, then post it online before the paint is even dry. You just defeated the entire purpose of painting something with wheels on it. Put in work. Pay your dues. The whole purpose of painting trains is so other people see them and post it online, in a magazine, whatever. Posting your own stuff online is about is lame as it gets, and nobody respects you.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't even begin to list pet peeves on driving. I think most, if not all of us, could fill a couple of pages each listing our pet peeves regarding driving.

I hate people who don't put the shopping carts away. I've noticed the lower the quality of store, the more likelihood of carts not put away. I despise thinking I have a parking space and there is a cart in the parking space. It's no wonder the USA is one of the fattest nations on earth when people can't be bothered to put the carts away.

People who chew their food with their mouths open. Disgusting. I have some really good friend who I refuse to eat out with because they eat with their mouths open. I can't eat with my mouth open even if I tried.

People who blare their music out of their cars. I'm glad I can enjoy the A/C in my car while the jerk next to me has their music blaring with the windows down in 95 degree heat. Years ago my daughter got a noise ordinance ticket for having her music too loud. It was a $300 ticket. I had no sympathy for her.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People who paint graffiti on other people's property (including trains). What the heck!?! I'm pretty sure your wouldnt like it if I tagged your house or car, but for some reason it's okay if you tag an old wall or train car? Those kind of people need to have a foot kicked up their *****!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you are expecting one thing for Dinner and get something else. Example. Sunday night the wife says...I think I will make Lasanga for dinner tomorrow. So all day at work on Monday I am thinking about getting some lasanga to eat when I get home only to get home and she decided to make something else because the time got away from her or there was something else that happened. Just don't tell me what is going to be for dinner next time. I am not mad at the excuses...it is just when you are craving something all day and don't get it...major let down.

People who don't think the rules apply to them or they try to mansplain the rules to fit what they want...See my above response to 5 items of the same item only equals one item...NO IT DOES NOT.

People who can just not get to work on time. So much so that the rare days that they do get to work on time everyone is nervous thinking it is a sign of Armageddon starting lol.

Tailgaters or High Beamers.

Cops or Ambulance drivers that expect you to move to the side of the road...which there is nothing wrong with that unless you are on a stinking bridge in the middle of town that has no pull over section because they used that extra area for sidewalks...so sorry...you will just have to wait until we get across bridge....I see your lights, I hear your siren and horn, I can't pull over crap for brains.

Those same cops or ambulance drivers that turn on the sirens and lights and pass you in town only for you to see them go through town and go to a drive thru. Really...that was the emergency...you had to get something to eat.

Trucks jacked up with Huge Tires on them. Then see them drive these things like they are driving a low rider vehicle and they are afraid of the smallest bump. If you are going to have that thing as a street legal monster truck, don't drive it like turning into a place is going to break it just because there is a little bump. Oh and thanks for helping with gas prices and don't try to pee on my leg and tell it's raining by saying...no it's not bad on gas. Rolls eyes.

Trucks with big flags flying in the cargo area of the pickup. Especially when you have an American Flag and a Rebel Flag. You don't look cool...you look like an idiot who can't figure out their was a war and each flag was on the opposite side of the war...and no...just because Your great great great great grandfather or uncle or relative (however many greats are in there) fought for the confederacy, it still makes you look like an idiot with both flags flying out of the back of your pickup truck. I am sure your long lost revered dead relatives are looking down on your decision with pride and loving seeing their Confederate flag flying by the American flag. Rolls eyes.

Texting and Driving...drives me crazy when I see it. I remember hearing two young people talking one time about how texting and driving is no different than people eating and driving. I wanted to scream...look up the statistics of eating and driving causing accidents vs texting and driving and get back to me. But knew better than waste the time as I did not want one of those wide eyed blank stare looks you get from younger people when it is clear they have no idea what you mean. There are a good number of young people with good heads on their shoulders but there seems to be just as many, if not more, who you actually wonder what was going on in school. There are young people I know who frankly cannot understand the that a quarter of a dollar is 25 cents but a quarter of an hour is 15 minutes...they think both should be the number 25. I told one girl...I went to the same high school you went to years ago...what the hell happened to that school. You don't know who Betsy Ross, Harriet Tubman or Susan B Anthony are but you know all of the kardashians?

Dealing with people on the phone. When I answer the phone at work and someone asks, how are you doing, you don't need to know...what do you want, the quicker we can get you squared away the quicker I can get off the stinking phone.
When someone calls and asks for Jennifer (or insert other name)...Which one, we have 3 Jennifers (or insert other name)...Do you want Jennifer A, Jennifer B or Jennifer C...and a I crap you not, it has happened multiple times, the answer instead of A B or C is...Yes. Shakes my head. To which you have to repeat it again...A B or C.
You know what..>I could complain hours about the phone...Just dealing with people on the phone.

When the wife asks you a question and you answer it. Then she says..>What did you say so You say it louder so she can hear it and then she says...You don't have to shout. Inhales, exhales...says to self...apparently I do.