Pete Carroll out as Seattle HC

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Whatever.

DQ has already shown he can be an exemplary DC but fail as a HC. Look what DQ did in Atlanta. Look what Rod Marinelli did in Detroit as a HC.

I think Dan knows that too, and is comfortable in Big D with his people.

I'm not worried until there's a reason to be. Gotta keep Willie McClay though.
He took Atlanta to a SB. That’s impressive. They had a huge lead over NE. I still can’t believe they blew it. Taking a team like Atlanta to a SB is pretty damn impressive.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
He took Atlanta to a SB. That’s impressive. They had a huge lead over NE. I still can’t believe they blew it. Taking a team like Atlanta to a SB is pretty damn impressive.
That staff also had Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, Matt LaFleur, and Raheem Morris on it.

GINeric

Reaction score
Man you stans are hypersensitive

I don't know what this "stans' crap you lil kids come up with means, but it was said that Carroll was fired... then followed up with, well he did lose to Dak.

How the hell does that make anybody "hypersensitive" explaining why a coach doesn't lose his job by losing to one quarterback.

Again, if that was the case, alot of coaches would have loss jobs. So why bring up a quarterback's name as if they got the coach fired?

That's just dumb lil guy....

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’ll join the 4,000 replies…. ‘there goes DQ.’ That was a tough team to beat this Year and some great players already in position. Would jump at this one if I was a coach. Seattle is great city to live in too as long as you can afford the cost of living.

And kudos to Pete Carroll for being one of the youngest 72-year-old coaches ever. Man is all heart and energy. Still think of that clip this year with him throwing to his team in practice. I met him in Hawaii and he was a great dude!

Last edited:

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
This strikes me as a move to pave the way for Dan Quinn to come in as his successor.
Or it could be Harbaugh since he uses the same offensive schemes as Carroll (run football, play-action, play great defense, know how to hide the weakness of the qb).

I know they don’t get along but I think Seattle would be more excited with that then DQ.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I don't know what this "stans' crap you lil kids come up with means, but it was said that Carroll was fired... then followed up with, well he did lose to Dak.

How the hell does that make anybody "hypersensitive" explaining why a coach doesn't lose his job by losing to one quarterback.

Again, if that was the case, alot of coaches would have loss jobs. So why bring up a quarterback's name as if they got the coach fired?

That's just dumb lil guy....
Lol you're proving my point further.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Great career. I used to like Carroll but now I can’t stand the guy. Still he had a hell of a career.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seattle played 10 of their 17 games against playoff teams and they played a huge chunk of the season without Geno Smith. So the only thing that makes sense here is that it was some kind of mutual decision and Pete just doesn’t want to be the head coach anymore. Unfortunately, Dan Quinn makes a lot of sense for them in a return to Seattle as the HC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or it could be Harbaugh since he uses the same offensive schemes as Carroll (run football, play-action, play great defense, know how to hide the weakness of the qb).

I know they don’t get along but I think Seattle would be more excited with that then DQ.
My money is on it being Quinn