Pete Carroll out as Seattle HC

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
that is a suprise that they let pete go as head coach even if he stays in the organization

Jumbo075

Reaction score
That staff also had Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel, Matt LaFleur, and Raheem Morris on it.
All that proves is that Quinn knows how to assemble a good staff of assistant coaches. That is a qualification to be a head coach, not a disqualification.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
HC isn’t a job long term.

He’s smart to get out.

Life is short.

He’s rich. Still has his health.

No more 18 hour days 24x7.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
All that proves is that Quinn knows how to assemble a good staff of assistant coaches. That is a qualification to be a head coach, not a disqualification.
I get what you’re saying, but those guys aren’t available anymore and Quinn’s offenses weren’t exactly impressive once Shanahan wasn’t there to hire all of his buddies.

Dutton

Reaction score
I wonder how many packs of gum he’s went through after getting this news.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I always kinda liked and respected the job Carroll did in Seattle. The team always stayed relevant and he seemed to get the most out of them.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I always kinda liked and respected the job Carroll did in Seattle. The team always stayed relevant and he seemed to get the most out of them.
He made a huge call starting rookie Russell Wilson over their prized free agent QB Matt Flynn back in the day. Plus he always threw talent out there to see what they had. Claim a guy off waivers and put him in the game on Sunday to see if he can help.

rambo2

Reaction score
Alot of coaches loss to Prescott. Go check out Dak's career winning percentage. So I guess all those other coaches should be fired too, huh....
He's just being a dick. That’s what he does.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Seattle played 10 of their 17 games against playoff teams and they played a huge chunk of the season without Geno Smith. So the only thing that makes sense here is that it was some kind of mutual decision and Pete just doesn’t want to be the head coach anymore. Unfortunately, Dan Quinn makes a lot of sense for them in a return to Seattle as the HC.
He said he competed hard to remain the coach, didnt know this was going to happen Monday, and still sounded like he wants to coach in his presser.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Whoa. That is a surprise. He and Vrabel both are shockers to me.

I assume he’ll be hired elsewhere pretty quickly. Hope Seattle doesn’t poach Dan Quinn now though…
I am sure he will be their first choice. And DQ may take it, has been waiting for it. Carroll has been on thin ice last several years.

GINeric

Reaction score
He's just being a dick. That’s what he does.

Yeah I know. All you have to do is hit these cowards with legit questions and their weak ***es run, hide and avoid the questions with an honest answer. I set these lil weak cowards up every time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The reasoning is sound for Vrabel; though on the Cowboys side I'm not sure we want a 1 year coach,,, it'll take him two years just to get the type of players he wants.

Perhaps, but then, who thought that DQ would've been here this long? Maybe Vrabel ends up liking it in Dallas and decides to stay for a few years? Especially with what Jerry can pay him.

Toro9

Reaction score
PC seems like rah-rah Coach but I doubt they'll do any better.