Pete Carroll out as Seattle HC

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
P. Allen - “Hey Shirley, get me Dan Quinn on line one”
Shirley - “on it sir………Mr Allen, Dan is on the line”
Quinn - “Hello Paul, how you doing?”

Allen - “ Good but no time for small talk. I heard you are wanting a head coaching position next season. Is this true?”
Quinn - “Yes sire, it’s time to get back on the horse.”
Allen - “Great to hear, hang on a sec. Shirley, get me Pete on line two STAT”

Shirley - “Mr. Allen, Mr. Carroll is on the line”
Allen - “Pete, you’re out but I’m moving you to the front office so you don’t get any free money, capisce.”
Pete - “but sir, I wasn’t planning on…….”

Allen - “It’s a done deal Pete, get with Dave in Human Resources for the transition phase, goodbye”
Allen - “ Still there Dan?”
Quinn - “ Yes sir”
Allen - “ fantastic, as soon as the playoffs are over, meet me at the top of the space needle. I will be there with Chris Harrison and a platter with a rose on it. All you have to do is accept”
Quinn - “great, I’m anxiously awaiting, see you soon!”

Mark

Reaction score
LOL. Don't be so naive, Kay.

This is what you do when he's been there for a while and had success. I guarantee you Carroll didn't want his position to evolve himself out of the head coaching gig. He was fired.
A "firing" normally suggests that the subject thereof and the company making the decision are parting ways. Not quite the case here, as Carroll will remain on the Seahawks' payroll, and will not be seeking or entertaining offers of employment elsewhere.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think they had to make room for DQ so PC is headed to the Seattle front office and DQ will be the new HC. That would be a power move by the Seahawks.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Dan Quinn ain’t a good head coach. Y’all think way too much about him. He’s also over rated dc. Doubt he’s as Desired as y’all think.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Thanks for the turnaround DQ he’s 100% their next HC
Strong possibility. Dan Quinn loves the organization and the owner. If they did legitimately offer him the job (along with 2 to 2.5x his current salary) it would be hard to imagine him saying no thanks i'm good.

75boyz

Reaction score
Previous ties to the team.
Good young talent on both sides of the ball.
Not a bad landing spot to consider if Quinn is thinking about leaving.