Peter King: Dak would've been selected 1 in 2016 draft redo

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think the more pertinent opinion is Simms not having Zeke in the top 10.

Not only did we take him top 5 but we gave him a giant second deal two years before his rookie deal was up. Double yikes. Now the same people that defended these types of moronic moves for the last few years are writing them off as "oh that was all Garrett and the old regime." For the Cowboys sake, I hope they are right.

Zeke was worth the pick and the extension. He’s a better player than Dak...clearly. Dak fans are really overcompensating right now.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I have never been impressed by Wentz. I don't think he's a bad quarterback, but I just don't see the "specialness" in him that others do.

It has nothing to do with Dak for me nor that Wentz is on the Eagles. When you add in his injury history it just makes him even less special.
I think what puts a monkey wrench in the works is that last Philly win when their team was so injured and they had the chance to stop us.

And they did. Wentz used his TEs to make us look defenseless.

Dak did zip just like in NE and Buffalo and the Jets.

Dak was just wash, rinse repeat same results.

It was such a surprise compared to 2018.

We were so numb over it.

Look at the change. Profound to say the least.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
91sustfojBL._AC_SY606_.jpg
:laugh::clap::espn:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
But but my eyes.. but but arm talent...

Wentz has the Drew Henson leadership style without the major league fake swagg.

He's a very good QB that has been overhyped because of a 13 game stretch in which he produced MVP play on a team that won the Superbowl without him.

Let's use the same argument Dak Haters use against Dak..

Carson Wentz CAN'T play at an MVP level WITHOUT a Superbowl team....yep they won without him and carried Nick Foles too.
Now guys like Dan Orlovsky are hyping Wentz by cherry picking 8 games span in 2019 in which Wentz carried backup players to a playoff loss.... it's amazing how Wentz's accomplishments always have him CARRYING the Eagles smh
Wince beat the Giants twice, the Commanders once and the Cowboys. Orlovsky forgot about the loss to the Dolphins and Eli’s last stand. The only team he beat was the Cowboys and that was at home. Wince scored a whopping 17 points.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably because when you watch Dak really struggle to move the ball against the Bills and Bears but then you watch Wentz make enough plays to beat those teams you scratch your head and realize oh wait a minute. Wentz made some very difficult throws that Dak can't make. Wentz has a better record against common opponents with a winning record. And Dak only has a decent record against Wentz due to injuries.

Only? You don’t think missing 13 games over four years is a factor that ought to matter? But you do think that cherry-picking a few games negates the clear fact that Dak has outproduced Wentz overall over the course of their careers? It’s not even really all that close.

basel90

Reaction score
not sure how you came to that conclusion but two rushing titles in four years says you are wrong. would have been three if not for the BS suspension.
the yardage is good , but behind this OL and offensive package , many RBs produce similar numbers. but mainly , it is zeke's attitude, holdout issues , and his lack of burst last season. He has regressed and has not been the difference in many games. Plus his cost is enormous for a RB.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Last I check W-L is a coach and QB stat too, funny thing is 2016 -2019 Dak has the same record as Garrett yet Garrett is a POS, Ever think Dak was the limiting factor, just have to wonder how many coaches will he will cost their jobs, what's it at 4 now in 4 years. Win the SB Dak will have no problems, but you know that isn't happening , W-L it is a QB stat when you want it to be but 8-8 that is a team record, I bet you were a Kris Richard for HC type of guy.
LMAO... Yeah, Dak was the limiting factor at 4,900 yards and 30 TDs. Every team wishes their QB was that limiting. By your philosophy, Zeke and every member of the team have the same record as Dak. Guess the are all POS. Maybe just cut everyone and start from scratch. I swear... some arguments on here sound like they come from a third grader. For the record... 13-3 was a team record, 9-7 was a team record, 10-6 was a team record, 8-8 was a team record, and whatever they do this year will be a team record. You want to come on here trying to act like you know someone personally. Nice try... Find one post of mine that supported Richards even as the DB coach. Also, go back and show me where I flaunted Dak as being elite. All you did was make yourself look foolish. People who dislike Dak will point out stats like 8-8 all day long. They'll point out stats like his wins against top ten defenses, against winning teams, etc... all the while refusing to look at any stats which support Dak being more than a greeter at Walmart.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's this list I have of Opinions to Ignore and King's name is pretty high on that list.

Polkton31

Reaction score
We play the Giants and Skins 4 times a year. Also, throw in his Garbage stats well there go bud 1000 yard WR.
The reason Dak refuses to sign it is probably because it's much lower than Wentz and Goff if in fact a decent contract has been offered.
What is amazing is that Jerry pays and he pays big but as I've stated in the past only TALENT gets paid not bus drivers!

Same old BS... Garbage time and bad opponents. Like every QB in the league doesn't play bad teams or have garbage time stats. If that's the case. 5,000 yard seasons should be pretty common. The point still remains... The ball is getting from point A to point B somehow, and it's not because Zeke or Coop are slinging it.
Also, when you have to put "Probably" and "If in fact" in your reply... the reply is "Probably" agenda driven BS.
PS. My prediction... Dak is about to become the highest paid "Bus Driver" in Texas. (Even if it's just on the Tag)

sean10mm

Reaction score
If you can't start the games you don't matter, I don't care why. The #1 ability is availability. A theoretical MVP who is too soft to make it to the wild card round alive just doesn't matter.

Congratulations, your master scouting prowess would lead you to pick a Ferrari on cinder blocks for a sport that's more like the Baja 1000. I'm sure its engine sounds great for the 50% of the time it's running.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same old BS... Garbage time and bad opponents. Like every QB in the league doesn't play bad teams or have garbage time stats. If that's the case. 5,000 yard seasons should be pretty common. The point still remains... The ball is getting from point A to point B somehow, and it's not because Zeke or Coop are slinging it.
Also, when you have to put "Probably" and "If in fact" in your reply... the reply is "Probably" agenda driven BS.
PS. My prediction... Dak is about to become the highest paid "Bus Driver" in Texas. (Even if it's just on the Tag)

They have doubts........and that's all that matters.

jerry-stephen.jpg

reddyuta

Reaction score
Zeke was worth the pick and the extension. He’s a better player than Dak...clearly. Dak fans are really overcompensating right now.

Its true but no RB should ever be picked that high in the modern NFL,heck i would not draft a RB in the 1st RD at all.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't understand the love for Wentz on this board. I wouldn't trade Dak for Wentz. That would make zero sense to me. Some wonder why the Eagles selected Hurts... hmmm... Injuries? Reliability? I'm sure they just threw the pick away because they know Wentz is good for 16 games per season for the next 5 years. And Dak sucks anyway, right?

In fairness I think they also wanted to block Dallas from selecting Hurts.

Brax

Reaction score
LMAO... Yeah, Dak was the limiting factor at 4,900 yards and 30 TDs. Every team wishes their QB was that limiting. By your philosophy, Zeke and every member of the team have the same record as Dak. Guess the are all POS. Maybe just cut everyone and start from scratch. I swear... some arguments on here sound like they come from a third grader. For the record... 13-3 was a team record, 9-7 was a team record, 10-6 was a team record, 8-8 was a team record, and whatever they do this year will be a team record. You want to come on here trying to act like you know someone personally. Nice try... Find one post of mine that supported Richards even as the DB coach. Also, go back and show me where I flaunted Dak as being elite. All you did was make yourself look foolish. People who dislike Dak will point out stats like 8-8 all day long. They'll point out stats like his wins against top ten defenses, against winning teams, etc... all the while refusing to look at any stats which support Dak being more than a greeter at Walmart.
The Bucs had one named Winston,I swear basic reading skills and understanding are lacking for some looking at the reply. Concepts of W-L are hard for some to understand . SMH, sad so sad.

Adreme

Reaction score
Its true but no RB should ever be picked that high in the modern NFL,heck i would not draft a RB in the 1st RD at all.

If you pick a RB in the first you have him for 5 years and can franchise him for 2 and then let him walk with his best years behind him but knowing someone will overpay and you will get a comp pick out of it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The Bucs had one named Winston,I swear basic reading skills and understanding are lacking for some looking at the reply. Concepts of W-L are hard for some to understand . SMH, sad so sad.

The concept of W-L being a team stat are hard for some to understand. SMH, sad so sad.