Peter King: Thoughts from Cowboys-Chargers Practices

burmafrd

Reaction score
dadymat;4679593 said:
thus bring in a new o line coach and let him work.....im sure they gave him what he said he needed within the realm of possibility...

Oh really? Yeah I am sure that he was satisfied with two JAG guards as additions.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Red Dragon;4679737 said:
After seeing the Cowboys score 34 points on their way to a 34-22 lead over the Giants - and Romo having a terrific game - only to see the defense promptly surrender 15 points to the Giants, thus leading to the defeat.........................how could anyone possibly call the secondary a lower priority than the offensive line?

Clearly the quality of the offensive line didn't prevent the Cowboys from getting that 34-22 lead over the Giants.

Yeah watching Romo running like a thief most of the game; watching our O line barely able to get any running game going at all is such proof that the O line was OK.
We scored those points in SPITE OF THE O LINE; not because of it

cowboys2233

Reaction score
randy932;4679804 said:
We have a decent QB. Not a "Franchise" QB.

I thought the rest of the fan base had learned by now - he IS a franchise QB, he IS an elite QB. Well, after this season, there will be no more stragglers questioning his awesomeness. Provide he, you know, survives playing behind this offensive line. :laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
randy932;4679804 said:

well anyone thinking you had much to add to the discussion is now assured you don't.

burmafrd

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4679837 said:
I thought the rest of the fan base had learned by now - he IS a franchise QB, he IS an elite QB. Well, after this season, there will be no more stragglers questioning his awesomeness. Provide he, you know, survives playing behind this offensive line. :laugh2:

ULTIMATE SURVIVOR

CAN YOU SURVIVE THE COWBOYS O LINE?
New Reality TV series courtesy of ESPN and Jerry Jones

aikemirv

Reaction score
burmafrd;4679835 said:
Yeah watching Romo running like a thief most of the game; watching our O line barely able to get any running game going at all is such proof that the O line was OK.
We scored those points in SPITE OF THE O LINE; not because of it

No doubt, but we did score!

We could NOT stop them from sscoring, so while I agree wholeheartedly that we need to protect Romo and we should have spent some money on the position in the offseason, it was not priority #1.

CB was!

burmafrd

Reaction score
aikemirv;4679842 said:
No doubt, but we did score!

We could NOT stop them from sscoring, so while I agree wholeheartedly that we need to protect Romo and we should have spent some money on the position in the offseason, it was not priority #1.

CB was!

protecting your QB should always be priority one.

Your season dies if he goes to IR

Lonestar94

Reaction score
burmafrd;4679847 said:

Not for Kurt Warner and Tom Brady.

1fisher

Reaction score
burmafrd;4679847 said:

It's also dead if your defense can't stop anyone!

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
burmafrd;4679847 said:

You continue to beat this dead horse, I have to wonder if you actually want us to win this year. Almost like you would rather be right about the OL than have a successful season.

So your upset the cowboys didn't follow your plan for improvement. Well they know more about their additions and what they have done than we do cause they have more info than we do. You really have no idea how the 2 new guards will do this season.

While I agree we should've added a FA center, was #1 on my list for the offseason, I'm not going to come here day after day and whine about it. It is rather obvious at this point your only intention is to come back here to say I told you so as soon as we lose, and of course harping on the OL as usual.

I guess the real question is, since they didn't follow what you thought they should do, is it really that important for you to be right and them be wrong...

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Risen Star;4679216 said:
The proper response is you start with the most important issues and that wasn't CB.

As usual, you're WRONG!!!!! Cornerback definitely was the most glaring weakness on the team last year, or did you not watch any of our games? Just give it up already. Your crap is getting VERY old.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
dstew60105;4679334 said:
Our biggest problem last yearwas pass defense. A center wouldnt have stopped Eli from throwing for 400 and 5 TD'S on us. You can't be as clueless as your posts make you.

Trust me. Yes he can.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
It's a domino effect. Dallas couldn't run the football consistently last year.

If you have a better offensive line, you can sustain longer drives, weaken the opposing defense, and keep YOUR defense fresh.

I'm not going to say that cornerback wasn't a glaring need because it was obviously was, but the OL was just as important IMO.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Red Dragon;4679737 said:
After seeing the Cowboys score 34 points on their way to a 34-22 lead over the Giants - and Romo having a terrific game - only to see the defense promptly surrender 15 points to the Giants, thus leading to the defeat.........................how could anyone possibly call the secondary a lower priority than the offensive line?

Clearly the quality of the offensive line didn't prevent the Cowboys from getting that 34-22 lead over the Giants.

Its not about one game. We sucked in the red zone and there were definitely games where the defense carried us. Not that im disagreeing with what was more needed, but your reasoning isn't well thought out.

Reaction score
randy932;4679804 said:

Absurd. Romo is one of the five best quarterbacks on the planet. He sure as hell is a franchise QB. Stop trolling.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
TheSport78;4679893 said:
It's a domino effect. Dallas couldn't run the football consistently last year.

If you have a better offensive line, you can sustain longer drives, weaken the opposing defense, and keep YOUR defense fresh.

I'm not going to say that cornerback wasn't a glaring need because it was obviously was, but the OL was just as important IMO.

Well I don't see the argument in the first place, both are needed for a winning football team after all this is a team sport.

Glaring weaknesses on D will kill you just like holes in your OL. Going in circles with the argument gets old after a while.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4679904 said:
Well I don't see the argument in the first place, both are needed for a winning football team after all this is a team sport.

Glaring weaknesses on D will kill you just like holes in your OL. Going in circles with the argument gets old after a while.

this argument has been going in circles, and for no reason, noone on here is patient enough to see how all of our offseason acquistions will workout.

the team addressed its weaknesses in the offseason....by cutting all the dead weight (Newman, Brooking, James etc) they added Carr, Livings, Bernadeau, Orton, plus the draft.

and also as important, we added Callahan and Henderson to the coaching staff.

lets see how all this comes together, yes there is some concern about the OL, and the secondary from last year. its not like they didnt address them.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Risen Star;4679216 said:
The proper response is you start with the most important issues and that wasn't CB.

Even though defense is why we missed the playoffs?

Ok.