Peter King: Thoughts from Cowboys-Chargers Practices

randy932

Reaction score
burmafrd;4679838 said:
well anyone thinking you had much to add to the discussion is now assured you don't.

Exactly what I expected a Romo worshipper to say.

randy932

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4679896 said:
Absurd. Romo is one of the five best quarterbacks on the planet. He sure as hell is a franchise QB. Stop trolling.

Just stating facts my friend. What is absurd is the worshipping of Romo.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jazzcat22;4679266 said:
He may have more next week in his MMQB on SI.com too
I usually check that out.
Looks like that's where his comments will be.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
Dal-NYG opener 2 wks from tonight. Good visit with Brandon Carr yesterday, Tony Romo last night. Very good MMQB fodder coming.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4679894 said:
Its not about one game. We sucked in the red zone and there were definitely games where the defense carried us. Not that im disagreeing with what was more needed, but your reasoning isn't well thought out.

We had leads with 2 minutes to go in 5 games last season in which the defense couldn't hold that lead and we lost. His reasoning is sound. Moreover, in the first Giants game we drove the field in under a minute only to have the field goal blocked. Defense is a much greater concern than anything else.

We sucked in the red zone for a variety of reasons including losing Demarco Murray, not having a better lead blocker, and not having a reliable short yardage back.

alancdc

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4680199 said:
We had leads with 2 minutes to go in 5 games last season in which the defense couldn't hold that lead and we lost. His reasoning is sound. Moreover, in the first Giants game we drove the field in under a minute only to have the field goal blocked. Defense is a much greater concern than anything else.

We sucked in the red zone for a variety of reasons including losing Demarco Murray, not having a better lead blocker, and not having a reliable short yardage back.

This is spot on!

Gameover

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4679896 said:
Absurd. Romo is one of the five best quarterbacks on the planet. He sure as hell is a franchise QB. .

Don't get carried away.

The difference between Orton and Romo was on full display saturday night:

Romo moved the ball and danced in the pocket, while Orton got the ball downfield and scored a TD!The QB's main job!Until Romo can consistently put points on the board, he will never be a top five QB.

I don't care how sexy his stats look.

The pass that Orton Completed to Ogletree, does Romo make that throw?

I say no.That Orton drive so reminded me of 2010 when Kitna took over for an injured Romo..You know, the reason the Cowboys avg. 31.2 ppg w/o their top five, franchise QB.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Gameover;4680340 said:
Don't get carried away.

Romo moved the ball and danced in the pocket, while Orton got the ball downfield and scored a TD!The QB's main job!Until Romo can consistently put points on the board, he will never be a top five QB.

I say no.That Orton drive so reminded me of 2010 when Kitna took over for an injured Romo..You know, the reason the Cowboys avg. 31.2 ppg w/o their top five, franchise QB.

The 49ers disagree with you.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Gameover;4680378 said:
2009 - 23.2ppg

2011 - 22.1 ppg

2010 w/o Romo - 31.2

You do the math.

Kitna; 1.7 TD/Game 2010
Romo; 1.9 TD/Game 2011

Math is fun.

Zordon

Reaction score
Gameover;4680340 said:
Don't get carried away.

snoop.png

aikemirv

Reaction score
I just love how these lifetime backup QB's are better than Romo.
:laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao:

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Cowboys22;4679211 said:
I hate the argument that you can't do it all in one season. That may true if you are tight against the cap but that excuse falls very flat when a team has $7 million in current cap space. They have plenty of room for a real center.

It might just be that the coaches/management don't feel the center situation is as dire as some on this forum think. And just who are the real centers still available, and how much are they worth?

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Gameover;4680340 said:
Don't get carried away.

If for some reason you thought you had an excess of credibility lying around, well it's long gone now.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
burmafrd;4679834 said:
Oh really? Yeah I am sure that he was satisfied with two JAG guards as additions.

I 100% agrre that protecting a franchise QB is priority #1.....but he chose to take this job, and he is a very credible line coach. that leads me to believe maybe he is seeing something we dont.... maybe he thinks he can turn what we have into something..I dont know..you dont either.....the o line looked fine against chargers even minus 2 starters....our entire unit hasnt even played a game together yet....so ill not assume that they havent improved the unit until I watch them play when it matters

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Gameover;4680340 said:
Until Romo can consistently put points on the board, he will never be a top five QB.

Contradict yourself much?

Gameover;4680378 said:
2009 - 23.2ppg

2011 - 22.1 ppg

2010 w/o Romo - 31.2

You do the math.
This has been gone over before. Sorry you missed the lesson.

Oh wait, i see Crown and others were happy to school you, though I doubt you've learned anything.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
randy932;4679804 said:
We have a decent QB. Not a "Franchise" QB.

I thought the rest of the fan base had learned by now - he IS a franchise QB, he IS an elite QB. Well, after this season, there will be no more stragglers questioning his awesomeness. Provide he, you know, survives playing behind this offensive line. :laugh2:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Gameover;4680340 said:
Don't get carried away.

You should be banned not only from any football discussions, but from watching the game in general.