Peterson wants at least 25 Million guaranteed to sign with Dallas

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
To handle the workload he did, without wearing down speaks more about "injury" issues than what he dealt with in college and early in his career. That is my point. His health last year was no fluke and it speaks volumes towards dispensing a "injury-prone" label.

Yes Dallas did say that, bout without figures being tossed around that doesn't mean anything. It should also speak volumes, that we have not heard a peep in terms of actual contract ranges for one of the top FA available. Your reality of FA doesn't always hold true, especially with RBs. Fact of the matter is the market for Murray isn't set, so we don't know if it fits within Murray's range.

In regards to Hardy, does he seem like a Jason Garret type of guy? So there's no guarantee he is even a target for Dallas. Plus we wont even know what his availability is for next year. And like Murray, we don't know what the market holds for him either. I'm just saying signing Murray will not prevent Dallas from finding pass rushers in FA, at least the type of pass rushers that Dallas had said they are looking at.

So Rolando and Randle are not Garrett guys? Then why are they on his team?

Not really, having an injury history speaks for itself, it was recent not in the distant past, so there is plenty of risk with Murray especially after taking the beating from last year.

Risk is simply part of the game, just accept it or get out of the business. S. Jones mentioned the Murray injury history when talking about paying him top dollar, it is a factor but that is part of the game.

Hearing anything the day before free agency is meaningless, the media reports have little bearing on actual negotiations.

The market was set with Lynch and McCoy, Murray will be seeking big money, I can not blame him for doing so.

The reality of free agency always holds true, every year productive players are overpaid including players with mixed production.

Why do you think Dallas prefers now to wait 7-10 days into the FA period, so they do not overpay like Carr 50M with little to show in production.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
So Rolando and Randle are not Garrett guys? Then why are they on his team?

Not really, having an injury history speaks for itself, it was recent not in the distant past, so there is plenty of risk with Murray especially after taking the beating from last year.

Risk is simply part of the game, just accept it or get out of the business. S. Jones mentioned the Murray injury history when talking about paying him top dollar, it is a factor but that is part of the game.

Hearing anything the day before free agency is meaningless, the media reports have little bearing on actual negotiations.

The market was set with Lynch and McCoy, Murray will be seeking big money, I can not blame him for doing so.

The reality of free agency always holds true, every year productive players are overpaid including players with mixed production.

Why do you think Dallas prefers now to wait 7-10 days into the FA period, so they do not overpay like Carr 50M with little to show in production.

Randle is still on his rookie deal, and even so there's no guarantee he'll be around. Look at the contract that Dallas gave Rolando. It was a no risk type of deal. Plus, even then, it took a recommendation from Garrets friend in Saban to sign him. You think Hardy is going to go for a prove it type deal? Dallas isn't going to guarantee big money with a person that has off the field issues. The Dez contract situation is a perfect example. And they know Dez better than Hardy.

If Lynch and McCoy was Murray's market some team would offer that, he would have been signed yesterday because I agree with you Dallas wont pay Murray 9-11 Mil annually. Clearly, he is not getting that right now. So, no his market hasn't been set (Or it has but its much closer to Dallas's range). Your point in regards to Carr is true. He was a coveted FA that year and was gobbled up quickly. If Dallas didn't pay him, some other team would have. But, the fact that Murray is sitting here unsigned while RBs like Lynch, McCoy, Ingram, Gore (i think?) have been tells me either he's looking for money that's not there for him, or teams aren't making him a priority.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Randle is still on his rookie deal, and even so there's no guarantee he'll be around. Look at the contract that Dallas gave Rolando. It was a no risk type of deal. Plus, even then, it took a recommendation from Garrets friend in Saban to sign him. You think Hardy is going to go for a prove it type deal? Dallas isn't going to guarantee big money with a person that has off the field issues. The Dez contract situation is a perfect example. And they know Dez better than Hardy.

If Lynch and McCoy was Murray's market some team would offer that, he would have been signed yesterday because I agree with you Dallas wont pay Murray 9-11 Mil annually. Clearly, he is not getting that right now. So, no his market hasn't been set (Or it has but its much closer to Dallas's range). Your point in regards to Carr is true. He was a coveted FA that year and was gobbled up quickly. If Dallas didn't pay him, some other team would have. But, the fact that Murray is sitting here unsigned while RBs like Lynch, McCoy, Ingram, Gore (i think?) have been tells me either he's looking for money that's not there for him, or teams aren't making him a priority.

Does not matter, these guys are Garrett guys? They are on his team and have questions and concerns.

Is Dez a Garrett guy? He is STILL on the team making 12.8 million, they are trying to resign Rolando, they have tagged Dez and Randle is still on the team with multiple violations all of which frustrate your entire argument.

You have no idea what Murray has been offered, pure speculation but what we do know is Lynch and McCoy (two of the best) were offered big deals, the market has been set which frustrates your earlier argument.

Just because Murray has not signed before free agency begins means nothing, your ignorance of actual negotiations proves nothing.

Your admitting to the Carr situation simply proves my point on free agency, there is no reason to deny the obvious to prove a point.

We will see in short order what type of offers Murray receives and if Dallas is willing to match them accordingly.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Does not matter, these guys are Garrett guys? They are on his team and have questions and concerns.

Is Dez a Garrett guy? He is STILL on the team making 12.8 million, they are trying to resign Rolando, they have tagged Dez and Randle is still on the team with multiple violations all of which frustrate your entire argument.

You have no idea what Murray has been offered, pure speculation but what we do know is Lynch and McCoy (two of the best) were offered big deals, the market has been set which frustrates your earlier argument.

Just because Murray has not signed before free agency begins means nothing, your ignorance of actual negotiations proves nothing.

Your admitting to the Carr situation simply proves my point on free agency, there is no reason to deny the obvious to prove a point.

We will see in short order what type of offers Murray receives and if Dallas is willing to match them accordingly.

While Rolando/Randle/Dez have had transgressions with the law, either with Dallas or prior to Dallas, they do not even compare to the Hardy situation. So it does matter. You cant just lump all legal issues into one.

While true, no one knows what Murray has been offered, I do know that Lynch and McCoy agreed to big time deals and Murray has not. Which tells me 2 things, either 1) Murray has not seen that type of contract to sign yet, or 2) have received multiple offers like that and he's trying to bargain for the best one. Knowing that Lynch and McCoy already signed their big deals and Murray is sitting here unsigned you can reasonably assume which case is true.

Finally my point regarding Carr, is that he was a highly sought after FA and was the first CB to sign big for big money that year. Murray is still sitting there while there have been multiple RBs that have signed big deals. It leads to you to believe how much teams really value Murray?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
While Rolando/Randle/Dez have had transgressions with the law, either with Dallas or prior to Dallas, they do not even compare to the Hardy situation. So it does matter. You cant just lump all legal issues into one.

While true, no one knows what Murray has been offered, I do know that Lynch and McCoy agreed to big time deals and Murray has not. Which tells me 2 things, either 1) Murray has not seen that type of contract to sign yet, or 2) have received multiple offers like that and he's trying to bargain for the best one. Knowing that Lynch and McCoy already signed their big deals and Murray is sitting here unsigned you can reasonably assume which case.

Finally my point regarding Carr, is that he was a highly sought after FA and was the first CB to sign big for big money that year. Murray is still sitting there while there have been multiple RBs that have signed big deals. It leads to you to believe how much teams really value Murray?

It does not matter, Hardy had his case dropped and Dallas currently has troubled players on the roster and often are one of the few clubs that offer second chances on a regular basis.

Garrett recently explained he does not just give squeaky clean players a chance, this club will take the risk if the talent is there, the proof is in the pudding.

You simply proved my point again and have contradicted your previous argument yet again.

Murray is the top RB available BEFORE free agency has begun, clearly his agent is actively shopping and evaluating offers, Lynch and McCoy have set the market money wise for top backs.

You do not ASSume anything on the day before free agency, McCoy was traded and Seattle was willing to pay Lynch top shelf because he was their only choice.

It is WAY too early to make presumptions, that makes you guilty of premature miscalculation!

Murray is seeking the top money and probably will get it, the only caveat is if Dallas is in range of matching.

The obvious is free agents EVERY year sign for too much money, whether they are Suh type or players signed through the first wave in week one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL and people thought AP would for some reason take a pay cut to come here...well I guess technically that is a cut.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I call BS on the article or tweet. No Way would AP put a figure l;ike that out to the public. Bunch of crap!

Why not? Did anyone think he would get suspended for hitting his kid? Did anyone think he would have 6 or 7 kids with 4 different women? Did anyone think he would blab about his conversations with Jerry Jones and wanting to eventually become a Cowboy? Nothing would surprise me.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
It does not matter, Hardy had his case dropped and Dallas currently has troubled players on the roster and often are one of the few clubs that offer second chances on a regular basis.

Garrett recently explained he does not just give squeaky clean players a chance, this club will take the risk if the talent is there, the proof is in the pudding.

You simply proved my point again and have contradicted your previous argument yet again.

Murray is the top RB available BEFORE free agency has begun, clearly his agent is actively shopping and evaluating offers, Lynch and McCoy have set the market money wise for top backs.

You do not ASSume anything on the day before free agency, McCoy was traded and Seattle was willing to pay Lynch top shelf because he was their only choice.

It is WAY too early to make presumptions, that makes you guilty of premature miscalculation!

Murray is seeking the top money and probably will get it, the only caveat is if Dallas is in range of matching.

The obvious is free agents EVERY year sign for too much money, whether they are Suh type or players signed through the first wave in week one.

If you're willing to lump Domestic abuse with petty theft, pot use, and saggy pants violations, then go ahead. I'm pretty sure most would disagree. But I guess I'm still ASSuming.

It's also funny how you lecture me about how I cannot ASSume anything about free agency right now, but you go ahead an ASSume that Murray is currently weighing big money offers and will get one just because "that's how FA works."

coult44

Reaction score
The madden
I thought it was the oline job to protect Romo.

If you're being sarcastic forgive me. If not, please return to your make believe season of Madden. There are already enough of those type here already.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
If you're willing to lump Domestic abuse with petty theft, pot use, and saggy pants violations, then go ahead. I'm pretty sure most would disagree. But I guess I'm still ASSuming.

It's also funny how you lecture me about how I cannot ASSume anything about free agency right now, but you go ahead an ASSume that Murray is currently weighing big money offers and will get one just because "that's how FA works."

His case was dropped and being troubled involves risk regardless with reference to to the team.

Randle has issues of abuse as well, yet he is still on the team, that is a lump to your argument yet again.

Free Agency always works like that, it is a fact, no ASSuming necessary.

The fact that Murray is the best RB available is undeniable, if he were not interested in big money he would have already signed with Dallas.

The fact is, Murray wanted to test free agency to make Big money, whether from the Cowboys or some other suitor.

By the Way: Frank Gore just signed a 4 year, $34 million deal with $20 million of that guaranteed. Murray's price just went up significantly if it is nailed down.

Last edited: