Peyton Hillis

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hillis is in Denver.....I mean Tyson Thompson could be a stud in Denver....but with that being said...Hillis is playing quite well up there. He is showing to be a tough and productive runner these past few weeks.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;1930567 said:
He doesn't know. That's the worst player assessment I've ever read. SCHMITT is the most versatile FB to come out in years, not Hillis. He's the nastiest blocker, a tremendous receiver out of the backfield (and lined up at TE). The guy can even punt for crissakes. Oh yeah, he can run too. He's got a top gear that is extremely rare for a man his size.

No disrespect to Hillis, as I think he's a fine FB...and wouldn't mind seeing him wear a star either, but he's not the talent that Schmitt is IMO.

just as wrong then as you are now:lmao2:

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I thought Dallas would take Hillis :eek::

The surprise?

I think we're going to draft Peyton Hillis, the one Arkansas RB/FB that no one has linked to us all offseason. Dallas has shown a good deal of interest in him, he's a versatile option who would fill multiple roster spots (RB, FB, ST) and can be taken rather late.

We'd still take a "speed" back too, someone like Chris Johnson who could contribute as the "complementary" back, as a receiver split out in the slot and as a kick returner.

That's it, I'm callin it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Wow. A RB has more yards than a FB. Get out. Gotta love the convenience. :rolleyes:

Bob :rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2457818 said:
Wow. A RB has more yards than a FB. Get out. Gotta love the convenience. :rolleyes:

Bob :rolleyes:

the funny thing is is the quote I have of you, Hillis does all the things you say Schmitt does

I'm just glad I don't have to hear anymore about how great and awesome Schmitt's mohawk is

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2457845 said:
the funny thing is is the quote I have of you, Hillis does all the things you say Schmitt does

Where did I say Schmitt was a better runningback? Oh yeah, I didn't. While my versatility argument is obviously shot down, it doesn't change the skillset for either player...and we're talking about a rookie season for crissakes. We haven't even gone a full season. Premature evaluators!:D

I still think Schmitt a better fullback, a better blocker, and as good receiving the ball.

Seeing as how Hillis is a RB right now, I don't see how this argument is even relevant....except to those that feel the need to pat themselves on the back. Like you. ;)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2457877 said:
Where did I say Schmitt was a better runningback? Oh yeah, I didn't.

I didn't say you said that

tomson75 said:
While my versatility argument is obviously shot down, it doesn't change the skillset for either player...and we're talking about a rookie season for crissakes. We haven't even gone a full season. Premature evaluators!:D

I still think Schmitt a better fullback, a better blocker, and as good receiving the ball.

Seeing as how Hillis is a RB right now, I don't see how this argument is even relevant....except to those that feel the need to pat themselves on the back. Like you. ;)

I don't like to pat myself on the back per se

I just like players who get argued so vehemently against go on to prove the doubters wrong, I never had a horse in the Schmitt/Hillis race, was just tired of seeing Schmitt get overrated because he had a mohawk, and bent the shape of his facemask, so this thread was kind of gratifying

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2457898 said:
I didn't say you said that

I don't like to pat myself on the back per se

I just like players who get argued so vehemently against go on to prove the doubters wrong, I never had a horse in the Schmitt/Hillis race, was just tired of seeing Schmitt get overrated because he had a mohawk, and bent the shape of his facemask, so this thread was kind of gratifying

Only I never argued 'against' Schmitt. I argued for Schmitt because I think he fits our system more (with the injuries to our RB's right now I'd obvoiusly rather have Hillis. :eek:: ).

Funny thing about the people who were sick of Scmitt because he has a mohawk...I bet they're among the fans whom would welcome a little more heart on this team. Yet those characteristics are somehow a negative wehn it comes to a player fans have developed a distaste for. Go figure.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2457907 said:
Only I never argued 'against' Schmitt.

I was referring to my Chris Johnson "back patting"

tomson75 said:
I argued for Schmitt because I think he fits our system more (with the injuries to our RB's right now I'd obvoiusly rather have Hillis. :eek:: ).

he would be a nice to have right now, even with Barber and Felix healthy

tomson75 said:
Funny thing about the people who were sick of Scmitt because he has a mohawk...I bet they're among the fans whom would welcome a little more heart on this team. Yet those characteristics are somehow a negative wehn it comes to a player fans have developed a distaste for. Go figure.

I wasn't sick of the mohawk

just everyone latching onto the guy like he was the meanest SOB to ever play the game because of it