PFF’s best Oline- Dallas

Tussinman

Reaction score
When that list was done the stat sheet technically looked good.

Passing wise the offensive line wasn't even ranked in the top 20 in sacks allowed or pressures allowed

Rushing wise Pollard and Zeke at the time of that list were combined 292 attempts for 1412 yards (4.8 yards per attempted average).

Tussinman

Reaction score
I will never pay attention to that crap again. No way in hell we were the best line.

I would say we're were bottom five in run blocking
The problem was the hard numbers disagreed with the eye test. When that list was done the cowboys were averaging almost 5 yards a carry and had over 1400 combine yards rushing

Tussinman

Reaction score
QB holds the ball way too long.
And that's the problem with the eye test.

The average line could block for 3.2 seconds and the cowboys could be 3.7 which is way above the average but if your quarterback holds the ball for 5 seconds all of these forum warriors will go "uhhh o-line is slacking"

Same with running, you can telegraph a slow Zeke run up the middle against a stacked box and once again those forum warriors will be like "uhhh why isn't there running lanes" (mmm I wonder why ?)

mardwin

Reaction score
And that's the problem with the eye test.

The average line could block for 3.2 seconds and the cowboys could be 3.7 which is way above the average but if your quarterback holds the ball for 5 seconds all of these forum warriors will go "uhhh o-line is slacking"

Same with running, you can telegraph a slow Zeke run up the middle against a stacked box and once again those forum warriors will be like "uhhh why isn't there running lanes" (mmm I wonder why ?)

They don't understand the concept of pass protection. They believe the line should give the QB 5 secs, and wait until receivers hit their breaks because there's no anticipation from #4.

Aftershock

Reaction score
PFF is a joke and always will be

This is what happens when you put 5 mathematics phd nerds in a room with 0 football experience - over-analyzation of numbers and no game knowledge

You have to be drunk or on some schedule I drugs to even peruse the thought this Cowboys Oline - with their performance last night, is even sniffing the top 5 in OL.
Average at best

Tussinman

Reaction score
You need to watch Dak's pocket presence. They are not getting beat until the QB escapes the pocket and runs into trouble.
Exactly.

Look at Rodgers a few weeks ago, 4 of his lineman where backups and it didn't matter. 3 step drop and the ball was out or he took off running.

None of this 7 step drops with spastic twitching and staring down receivers.