PFF’s best Oline- Dallas

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was pressured on 45% of his passes yesterday and we ran for like 3 YPC. I don't think Dak had a good game but the offensive line was terrible.
Thats the thing with the offense the second half of the season. Like where do you even start when discussing what was wrong. Even if you go with coaching, you have do so with the fact the players didn't execute well on their end

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They can't even provide 5 seconds of protection for the QB to scan the field.

cowboysdoomsday

Reaction score
............and you would be wrong. That is the difference between the folks who get paid to do this and the recollection of fans watching mostly on TV. But this isn't hard to figure out. We lead the NFL in scoring, total yards, ranked 9th in rushing, #2 in passing...... common dude. You can't do that without great OL play.
We padded our stats against the bad teams. Against good teams the majority of the time, the play of the whole offense was poor, including the line.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We padded our stats against the bad teams. Against good teams the majority of the time, the play of the whole offense was poor, including the line.

Bingo. PFF doesn't consider quality of opponent or context of the game. They come up with this number b/c they grade every play. So, the trash game we played against AZ gets more than offset by the 50+ we put up on the Eagles preseason level defense the next week. PFF doesn't account for the fact the Eagles were resting many starters and had nothing to gain. Grade is a grade.

As long as you understand this, you can put PFFs grade into a proper context.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It’s no secret the Dallas Cowboys were the most penalized team in 2021 and ended up having the second most penalty yards in the league. Penalties, of course, will happen throughout the season, but the majority of the Cowboys penalties were pre-snap ones that were nothing more than mental mistakes because of lack of focus. This ended up being their downfall in the Wild Card Round against the San Francisco 49ers. It was something that plagued them the entire season and once again reared its ugly head when it mattered most in the postseason. To make matters worse, the lack of accountability from the coaches and players alike is concerning moving forward in the future.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...nalties-mistakes-kellen-moore-connor-williams

Aven8

Reaction score
Absolute nonsense if we're talking overall.

Looks like that is just week 15, when Dallas beat up an NFC East team.

I actually heard in 105.3 the Fan. It was for the year. I just snipped the first article I found

Acceptablename

Reaction score
We lead the league in points and total yards. You can't really do that without your OL playing really well. It is literally not possible.
This an example of stat hypnotism. I do understand your point.
If you happy with CWilliams play. Or Tsmiths consistent missing games. Our lead runner averaging 59 yards a game and your good? Then there’s penalties. I haven’t got a handle on Badasz .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I actually heard in 105.3 the Fan. It was for the year. I just snipped the first article I found

For the year it’s correct.

I’ve told you guys all year that NFL lines are awful. As “bad” as the Cowboys Oline is it’s still one of the best.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The Cowboys field the NFL's best offensive line. Myth or out and out lie? Urban legend perhaps? The Dallas Wall for reference was a great offensive line who could both run block and pass block.

Zman5

Reaction score
And that's the problem with the eye test.

The average line could block for 3.2 seconds and the cowboys could be 3.7 which is way above the average but if your quarterback holds the ball for 5 seconds all of these forum warriors will go "uhhh o-line is slacking"

Same with running, you can telegraph a slow Zeke run up the middle against a stacked box and once again those forum warriors will be like "uhhh why isn't there running lanes" (mmm I wonder why ?)

Flip side of that is, how does PFF know what the blocking assignment was for a play? Unless they know that, what they are grading is just a guess. That's the biggest issue I have with PFF.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

khiladi

Reaction score
He was pressured on 45% of his passes yesterday and we ran for like 3 YPC. I don't think Dak had a good game but the offensive line was terrible.

He also slides into pressure…. he’s also pressured because he holds onto the ball too long.