PFF: Dak Prescott had the highest single game grade by a QB since 2007

Diehardblues

Reaction score
while QBs unfairly get more blame and more credit there is no doubt that wins are a TEAM stat that QBs can have an impact on. Im not even gonna ask why based on your analysis why Marino gets a pass. Trent Dilfer,Joe Flacco and Brad Johnson some of the super era greats.
QB’s like Marino get a pass because they were HOF talent which obviously weren’t the core issue Miami didn’t win a championship.

Much like we don’t hold Ware or Witten responsible for that eras team not winning championships .

As a matter of fact these HOF caliber talents are probably more the reason their teams are even in the conversation.

And this is the argument that’s ultimately the one that needs to be made with Prescott. Is he the reason we are a playoff caliber team or is part of why we haven’t advanced further .

Like with Romo many argued he was the one who kept that team competitive . I think the same argument can be made for Dak.

He arguably is a big part of the success this team is having. The bigger argument is he having his best performances on the bigger stages . And where it can be argued where we might could use a more Elite QB.

But this is an argument most teams can have unless you have one of the handful of premiere or elite HOF caliber QB’s in the league .

This is where the greater divide is for most Cowboy fans and critics . While most agree Dak is probably enough for more success and he no doubt takes us to the brink , can he have his best game or games on the bigger stages with perhaps that signature game or play to kick down the door taking us to the promise land .

starfan1

Reaction score
QB’s like Marino get a pass because they were HOF talent which obviously weren’t the core issue Miami didn’t win a championship.

Much like we don’t hold Ware or Witten responsible for that eras team not winning championships .

As a matter of fact these HOF caliber talents are probably more the reason their teams are even in the conversation.

And this is the argument that’s ultimately the one that needs to be made with Prescott. Is he the reason we are a playoff caliber team or is part of why we haven’t advanced further .

Like with Romo many argued he was the one who kept that team competitive . I think the same argument can be made for Dak.

He arguably is a big part of the success this team is having. The bigger argument is he having his best performances on the bigger stages . And where it can be argued where we might could use a more Elite QB.

But this is an argument most teams can have unless you have one of the handful of premiere or elite HOF caliber QB’s in the league .

This is where the greater divide is for most Cowboy fans and critics . While most agree Dak is probably enough for more success and he no doubt takes us to the brink , can he have his best game or games on the bigger stages with perhaps that signature game or play to kick down the door taking us to the promise land .
I dont disagree with alot of this but wins are not a QB stat. They are a TEAM stat that QBs can influence. And i wasnt trying to put Dak in Marino territory. I do know that Dak and Marino is and were reliant on the other aspects of the TEAM for success.

I loved watching the high flying Dolphins and that Monday night game that they but the only blemich on that crazy good 85 bears team was a thing of beauty. He had a incredible arm

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You mean the same Commanders who almost beat the Eagles twice this season?

Got it!
I didn't know that ALMOST counts in the win column. When did the NFL switch over to ALMOST WINS? Just like the Cowboys ALMOST beat the Eagles ...........LOL! Win, I mean when the Boys start stringing victories against teams with an AVERAGE record then I'll have some hope in them, but these victories against bums of the month club are doing the Boys no good, because when they go heads up against teams like the 9ers and Eagles they nut up bigtime!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't know that ALMOST counts in the win column. When did the NFL switch over to ALMOST WINS? Just like the Cowboys ALMOST beat the Eagles ...........LOL! Win, I mean when the Boys start stringing victories against teams with an AVERAGE record then I'll have some hope in them, but these victories against bums of the month club are doing the Boys no good, because when they go heads up against teams like the 9ers and Eagles they nut up bigtime!
Ok, so why watch these Cowboys if you truly believe they aren't as good as their record says due to beating up on bum teams and nutting up against superior teams like the 49ers and Eagles? Why even comment? Sheesh!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Ok, so why watch these Cowboys if you truly believe they aren't as good as their record says due to beating up on bum teams and nutting up against superior teams like the 49ers and Eagles? Why even comment? Sheesh!
I don't watch the live games because the blowouts just aren't that much fun to watch especially when they're blowing out Bums of The Month Club teams. I personally enjoy when the Boys are spanking teams with winning records, but those types of wins have been far and few between since Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot took over the reins from Tony. Wentz 2.0 beefs up his numbers against the slugs in the league and pretty much disappears when he faces a team like the 9ers. I thought the Boys had finally put it to the Eagles when they had 1st and goal at the 4 yard line with 20 something seconds, but no the undiscipline side of the team showed it's ugly face and the Eagles ended up with a victory that they deserved because they bowed their backs and refused to lose to the Boys.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
while QBs unfairly get more blame and more credit there is no doubt that wins are a TEAM stat that QBs can have an impact on. Im not even gonna ask why based on your analysis why Marino gets a pass. Trent Dilfer,Joe Flacco and Brad Johnson some of the super era greats.
No those QBs were not great. You are not just great because you win a chip. You have to be great AND win a chip. The guys you mentioned wouldn’t qualify , again this is not just me this is reality.
Did you ever see Marino play? Aikman , Montana , Brady all say Marino was the greatest also. Again it ain’t just me.

starfan1

Reaction score
No those QBs were not great. You are not just great because you win a chip. You have to be great AND win a chip. The guys you mentioned wouldn’t qualify , again this is not just me this is reality.
Did you ever see Marino play? Aikman , Montana , Brady all say Marino was the greatest also. Again it ain’t just me.
You’ll get no argument from me that Marino is great. I loved watching him but that doesn’t remove my original point that wins are a TEAM stat that QBs can impact. That’s how our conversation started and I don’t want it to get off track. I loved Marino and he was fantastic

Aikman my 2nd favorite cowboy all time played with best TEAM ever assembled

Montana was reliant on others but he was clutch as they get . If you put either of those 2 on sone of Romo or Daks squads the have fewer trophy’s if any.

Heck aikman could bake a cake back there waiting to throw

There are qbs that tend to rise to the occasion more than others during playoff runs and I can live with that argument.

Heck both Flacco and Eli’s first were great in playoffs. ( I think it was his first I’m going off memory). They both had great playoff runs or stats to the Lombardi

That don’t mean I’d place them in an elway , Marino category

We can just agree to disagree on this and I’m not alone either. MANY will agree with me wins are. TEAM stat that QBs can impact

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
You’ll get no argument from me that Marino is great. I loved watching him but that doesn’t remove my original point that wins are a TEAM stat that QBs can impact. That’s how our conversation started and I don’t want it to get off track. I loved Marino and he was fantastic

Aikman my 2nd favorite cowboy all time played with best TEAM ever assembled

Montana was reliant on others but he was clutch as they get . If you put either of those 2 on sone of Romo or Daks squads the have fewer trophy’s if any.

Heck aikman could bake a cake back there waiting to throw

There are qbs that tend to rise to the occasion more than others during playoff runs and I can live with that argument.

Heck both Flacco and Eli’s first were great in playoffs. ( I think it was his first I’m going off memory). They both had great playoff runs or stats to the Lombardi

That don’t mean I’d place them in an elway , Marino category

We can just agree to disagree on this and I’m not alone either. MANY will agree with me wins are. TEAM stat that QBs can impact
You’re not wrong but it also isn’t the reality of how QBs are judged is all I’m saying. we are probably both right , you in the actual reality of a team win and I on the real perception of a championship qb .