PFF: Dak Prescott had the highest single game grade by a QB since 2007

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I haven't given Dak much praise this season but I have to admit he did okay on Thanksgiving day. I would love to see more of that.

Clarke82

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don’t think PFF uses an emotional measure when determining a grade. These grades are based on data/numbers and a formulation. I also believe they have definitions on how certain metrics are established which should eliminate any bias. However if you’re trying to prove a point you can pick and choose how to present that data.
I'm not talking about emotional judgements, if you and I watch the same play, it's very likely that we see it a little differently. You can't take the human out of the evaluation process because, what are the stats for guards, tackles and centers?

Even the players with easily compilable stats are often asked to do things that unless, you're in the huddle, seem like they made a mistake.

I remember when Diggs got downgraded for a deep pass that wasn't even his guy against the Chargers. Later in the year they blamed Diggs on a 75 yard TD pass against the Patriots that was clearly the safety's responsibility.

However, PFF had been taking heat for rating Diggs as one of the worst CB's in the NFL so Diggs is credited with at least 125 yards and a TD on two plays that he wasn't expected to prevent.

The only people qualified to grade players is the coaches that know exactly what the player is expected to do.

Most of us can discern if a player is playing well or not but, we often blame or praise the wrong player for a play here and there, which throws off our view of the players quality.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Good for Dak Call me in Jan.

Last edited:

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
tell us you don’t understand football without telling us that
I think you’re on an island on this one. Wins and specifically championships have been the gold standard measurement for great QBs in the Super Bowl era. The only great QB that gets a pass for never winning a chip is Dan Marino.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think you’re on an island on this one. Wins and specifically championships have been the gold standard measurement for great QBs in the Super Bowl era. The only great QB that gets a pass for never winning a chip is Dan Marino.
while QBs unfairly get more blame and more credit there is no doubt that wins are a TEAM stat that QBs can have an impact on. Im not even gonna ask why based on your analysis why Marino gets a pass. Trent Dilfer,Joe Flacco and Brad Johnson some of the super era greats.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh of course lol. Criticism and narratives are just media fodder to me. What we did in 1999 has no bearance on the 2023 team.
Right, it doesn’t on this particular team but the drought does carry a cloud over the franchise which drives much of the criticism and narrative.

This current team and QB only carry’s the burden of recent years . And it will continue until the door is kicked down finally reaching at least a championship game .

Last edited: