PFF: DLaw projected new contract, 6 years, $126M, $60M guaranteed

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lawrence isn't elite, can't pay him that kind of money with a salary cap. If there weren't quite a few expensive contracts coming up, then it might be worth it to hang onto him.

Sure, Dallas can work the cap and pay him but is it worth it? I just don't know......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lawrence isn't elite, can't pay him that kind of money with a salary cap. If there weren't quite a few expensive contracts coming up, then it might be worth it to hang onto him.

Sure, Dallas can work the cap and pay him but is it worth it? I just don't know......
He isn’t elite? You don’t double scrubs.....

DanA

Reaction score
I put Lawrence in the category below Khalil Mack, Von Miller and Aaron Donald but above guys like Oliver Vernon and Chandler Jones.

I figure that puts him pretty much smack bang on 20m a season

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Too bad Taco sucks and Gregory is still a big unknown. Unless a discount is worked out, D-Law and his agent are going to milk the Cowboys for everything they've got. Doesn't bode well to keep a competitive team together at this pace.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
He'll have us over a barrel. We will have to pay him more than he's worth to keep him coz it's obvious there is no plan b. There is no quick fix to fill his spot if we let him go. Just glad it's not my cheque book that's covering it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's WAY too much for Tank. I like the player, but not $20+million per year.

I definitely don't like 60mil guaranteed.

I've seen another estimate with 30mil guaranteed over two years. Ok. I can live with that. Won't like it, but live with it for lack of options.

4 sacks in the last 10 games this year. Ran out of gas in the back half of the last two seasons. Two back surgeries, now a shoulder surgery.

Not 60mil guaranteed for that. Not 20mil a year. Nope. I'll let him go and take our 3rd. If that's the contract, think about franchising for one more year at 20mil, then move on.

Don't do it.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Just franchise him again. If he won’t play then try and trade him.

I don’t even think the franchise tag is over 20 million.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just franchise him again. If he won’t play then try and trade him.

I don’t even think the franchise tag is over 20 million.

He's earned it, and if franchised yet again...he'll end up another Bell situation and sit out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Has he taken Goff's soul yet? He'd have to actually touch him first.

Too easily neutralized too often for that kind of money.

Singing praises for Goff? Move on from a single game, guy...

eastsideboy

Reaction score
I don't know about tank. But that's the exact contract i would offer dak. If he wants to be a cowboy. Let's find out.