PFF: Every Team's Effective Cap Space in 2024 and Draft Capital

lkelly

Reaction score
Downside for teams like Washington, Chicago and Arizona is Needs: A Lot.

Washington desperately needs OL, DE and secondary to of course go with their massive need at QB. Hard to fix all of that in even 2 years. A rookie QB contract helps but they can't be missing on the picks and signings.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
How do the Eagles have draft capital and money to spend? I know the Hurts' deal pushes out a lot of the guaranteed money to the option years, but still. The Eagles have a lot of aging players with large cap hits. Did the Eagles trade away some players for draft picks?

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
How do the Eagles have draft capital and money to spend? I know the Hurts' deal pushes out a lot of the guaranteed money to the option years, but still. The Eagles have a lot of aging players with large cap hits. Did the Eagles trade away some players for draft picks?
It’s because they’re good at trades and manipulating offsets. Look at what San Francisco did. They traded a QB who cost too much to cut and still netted a mid round draft choice.

When you’re on the other end of that deal, it puts you on the bottom left of the chart above. The 5th and 6th round picks aren’t weighed enough to count that much against the Y axis. And that’s before you subtract $5 million of cap space on the X axis.

BobSacamano

Reaction score

Washington desperately needs OL, DE and secondary to of course go with their massive need at QB. Hard to fix all of that in even 2 years. A rookie QB contract helps but they can't be missing on the picks and signings.
Pray Washington drafts the next Dwayne Haskins.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Super Bowl winner ususally has low draft capital because of where they draft ;).

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
One thing this chart doesn’t show is compensatory picks, which won’t move the needle that much but anything helps when you’re in the lower left of that chart.

Also, Dallas has a lot of “automatic” restructures next season that are going to move them up the X axis quite a bit. That effectively moves them down on future charts, but the piper always gets paid eventually no matter which team you root for.

Creeper

Reaction score

With at least $63 million in CAP room and extra draft picks, including the #2 pick in the draft, they can fill allot of holes quickly in free agency and the draft.

Of course a rookie QB will need a year at least, probably. It all depends on what they do with all that capital they have.

Carter

Reaction score
Thankfully we dont need a lot but a good solid draft and improvements from the 2023 draft class.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With at least $63 million in CAP room and extra draft picks, including the #2 pick in the draft, they can fill allot of holes quickly in free agency and the draft.

Of course a rookie QB will need a year at least, probably. It all depends on what they do with all that capital they have.
I mean we've seen this before with the Commanders......they've always had money and the players get there and they suck. They draft Chase Young and they suck.

Commanders have a good opportunity here but it starts with this head coaching hire. If its a retread like Rivera they will continue the past sins of Snyder.

I think Ben Johnson is overrated but a young offensive mind and drafting the right QB can see them take a Texans like jump in one season. They have some solid players at the skilled positions.

I'm paying a close attention to what they do. I think we all should. They seem to be going the heavy analytical route.