PFF Grades - Week 6

goshan

Reaction score
Looks pretty close but I agree Oline should be worse.
Our TEs are not good. Schultz would have been better - he at least knew how to find a seam.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Nice to see on mazi. Definitely saw him in on a couple those run stops.

As for Micah, it's funny because even before that sack people were saying he had a quiet game. I just disagree.... guy was taking on double and triple teams all game. Still almost got pressure at times. Thats the definition of making others better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Damn. Schoonmaker is beyond bust bad right now. He was a reach in the 2nd— but he at least looked like he could play a little bit.

He looks utterly lost right now. Hopefully this is just the result of him not having a training camp
I don't even think he looks lost. I don't care what they said that guy was not beating out Ferguson this year. If they want to sell they were drafting him for the future.....I don't get it. They sold he was ready this year and he isn't. Like most rookies. I didn't get it draft day and still don't get it now. I think when La Porta went off the board they panicked to find someone close enough to it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The 2023 draft is looking terrible. Wonder if it’ll be thought along with the “special teams” draft.
I don't think so. I think Mazi has a future with this team. A bright one at that. I think Schoonmaker does to. But they picked late in each round and they had starters in place from last year. Those guys were never starting this year.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don't even think he looks lost. I don't care what they said that guy was not beating out Ferguson this year. If they want to sell they were drafting him for the future.....I don't get it. They sold he was ready this year and he isn't. Like most rookies. I didn't get it draft day and still don't get it now. I think when La Porta went off the board they panicked to find someone close enough to it.
Ferguson and schoon will be in a battle for starter next year. And school being a 2nd rounder it's really his job to lose. Dallas wants him to start. We'll see. He won't do much this year though

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ferguson and schoon will be in a battle for starter next year. And school being a 2nd rounder it's really his job to lose. Dallas wants him to start. We'll see. He won't do much this year though
I think they want it but I honestly think Ferguson has potential. There's something there. Now so far he hasn't done enough to really separate himself from the pack. I mean he's clearly the best on the team but he's not having a season to where it would be impossible for Schoon to take his spot next year. But if he ends this season on a strong note? Who knows. But he has to do a lot to lock that spot up.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah being out played by an undrafted guy and the Cowboys giving more snaps to Clark than him.

Bathe in it, neutral on our rivalry boy.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This just in, Mazi played much better than Bland.

That must be the case. The nerds say so.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so. I think Mazi has a future with this team. A bright one at that. I think Schoonmaker does to. But they picked late in each round and they had starters in place from last year. Those guys were never starting this year.
Mazi is a project. Most NFL players take some time to develop.

I understand why so many fans expect to see a first round pick be an instant ”star” like Micah Parsons or Zack Martin. But those guys are exceptional. Most players taken late in round 1 are rarely instant plug and play stars.

In the case of Mazi Smith, my hope is he continues to work hard, learn and grow from the reps he’s getting, developing a game at a time. He’s only played 6 NFL games. The expectations for instant stardom for draft picks is very short sighted. Many good players take time.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Mazi is doing fine. He's showing signs of life, and that's all I need from a rookie NT. Just make a couple plays and show me that you have the potential to beat NFL offensive linemen. And Mazi can do that. Not consistently, but he has the talent to do it. And if he sticks with the program, he will only get stronger and think faster from here.

Schoonmaker, OTOH, doesn't have a pulse. He's made no "plus" plays so far, and got several things wrong, so it makes you wonder if there's even a light to turn on.

I hate to say it, but we saw something similar with the late Gavin Escobar. There was never even really flashes of potential with him, he was just a bust from the word go.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Our Oline sucks beetle dung balls...big time. Mike Solari is a huge mistake! Our Oline is worse right now in 2023 than they were last year in 2022...and that's because they sucked royally under Joe Philbin.

Jerry should be looking for a much better Oline coach right now. Our Offense is being affected badly because of how poor our Oline is performing.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Schoonmaker, OTOH, doesn't have a pulse. He's made no "plus" plays so far, and got several things wrong, so it makes you wonder if there's even a light to turn on.

I hate to say it, but we saw something similar with the late Gavin Escobar. There was never even really flashes of potential with him, he was just a bust from the word go.
Schoonmaker another long strider?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Damn. Schoonmaker is beyond bust bad right now. He was a reach in the 2nd— but he at least looked like he could play a little bit.

He looks utterly lost right now. Hopefully this is just the result of him not having a training camp
Tight End is a dumpster fire altogether.
Ferguson has the ability but his body can't handle being TE1, Schoon cannot catch or block.
McKeon is a mid-level blocking option who offers zero in passing game.
At this point Dalton Schultz would walk in as TE1 easily. Embarrassing.