PFF Grades - Week 6

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Tight End is a dumpster fire altogether.
Ferguson has the ability but his body can't handle being TE1, Schoon cannot catch or block.
McKeon is a mid-level blocking option who offers zero in passing game.
At this point Dalton Schultz would walk in as TE1 easily. Embarrassing.
Yah… they thought and planned on someone stepping up, but that has back fired big time.

Frustrating for sure, but Schultz also wasn’t worth the money IMO.

conner01

Reaction score
Nice to see on mazi. Definitely saw him in on a couple those run stops.

As for Micah, it's funny because even before that sack people were saying he had a quiet game. I just disagree.... guy was taking on double and triple teams all game. Still almost got pressure at times. Thats the definition of making others better.
Some fans only notice sacks but pressure effect plays. They force hurried throws, bad throws, throw aways

conner01

Reaction score
If he could get up to about 225 (of muscle and added strength) and maintain that weight while keeping his quickness/speed, he'd be the prototype at WLB in today's NFL. A future LB crew of Clark, Bell, and a healthy Overshown looks VERY promising.
Evans is a nice run support type
Did he play any?

kumizi

Reaction score
Hope the Steele extension doesn't turn into another Gallup situation.

The Schoonmaker pick looked bad the second it was made. Not much surprise there especially since he was injured for most of camp and fell behind.

rambo2

Reaction score
They wanted LaPorta at TE… and he is looking good.

But man, we are getting nothing from our first 3 picks this year (albeit for different reasons)
However, they are getting a huge amount from an undrafted free agent which has paid off bigtime.

rambo2

Reaction score
They wanted LaPorta at TE… and he is looking good.

But man, we are getting nothing from our first 3 picks this year (albeit for different reasons)
Also, when they throw a lot to Lamb and Cooks it will mean that the tight ends won't get catches. If they threw to the tight ends, the narrative would be that they don't throw to Lamb and Cooks enough.

conner01

Reaction score
Hope the Steele extension doesn't turn into another Gallup situation.

The Schoonmaker pick looked bad the second it was made. Not much surprise there especially since he was injured for most of camp and fell behind.
Steele is playing pretty good football. He’s faced some really good players

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yah… they thought and planned on someone stepping up, but that has back fired big time.

Frustrating for sure, but Schultz also wasn’t worth the money IMO.
Yup they really thought TWO of the young guys would hit out of Ferg, Hendershot and Schoon.
There were legit fans mad they drafted a TE not because Schoon sucks (some of those as well) but because they didn't think we needed a TE at all.

Would be another position I might consider boosting via tankers. Cards/Broncs on line 1.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Steele is playing pretty good football. He’s faced some really good players
For a decade Dallas gave the Rt help as they never did anything to help Tyron and pass rushers simply went over there to die.
Now it is more honest, and Steele gets some nasty 1v1s at times that he loses.
But you'd take Steele and his level of play all the time.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Schoonmaker another long strider?

Yeah, kind of. He put up a disgusting 6.81 3-cone at his Pro Day, but he never really showed that high-end athleticism on the field at Michigan. He didn't look like a size-speed-quickness-explosion freak on tape, he looked like a gritty blocker who rounded his patterns off.

I see why the Cowboys liked him. He's a hard nosed, dirty work blocker who also has 99th percentile athleticism. On paper, his skillset looks like George Kittle. But he never put it together at Michigan. Dude caught 50 passes in 5 seasons.

For a guy who never really developed as a pass catcher in college, throwing him into the fire as an NFL receiver feels like putting a high school algebra student in a college calculus class. And that dude has already had 5 years to study algebra, so is he ever going to get it....

Schoon was a pretty risky bet. And IMO, one we took at least a round too early.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
PFF grades always have one or two head scratching results.

I am no scout by any means but I don't think Tyron Smith had a great game Monday night. On one play Khalil Mack ran right by him, and on another I remember he was walked right back into Dak's lap. I don't know how good a 70 PFF grade is anyways but just wanted to throw this out there.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of. He put up a disgusting 6.81 3-cone at his Pro Day, but he never really showed that high-end athleticism on the field at Michigan. He didn't look like a size-speed-quickness-explosion freak on tape, he looked like a gritty blocker who rounded his patterns off.

I see why the Cowboys liked him. He's a hard nosed, dirty work blocker who also has 99th percentile athleticism. On paper, his skillset looks like George Kittle. But he never put it together at Michigan. Dude caught 50 passes in 5 seasons.

For a guy who never really developed as a pass catcher in college, throwing him into the fire as an NFL receiver feels like putting a high school algebra student in a college calculus class. And that dude has already had 5 years to study algebra, so is he ever going to get it....

Schoon was a pretty risky bet. And IMO, one we took at least a round too early.
An out of character bet for us. 25 years old. Jerry normally likes to use the high picks on the young so that we can sign them to their prime after their rookie contract.

Schoon's rookie contract covers his prime, and somehow he's still a development project as a receiver, and for his strength as well. As you say, "is he ever going to get it"?

Seems like a pure sparq signing. I actually like those but in later rounds.

lopey

Reaction score
Sam Williams is starting to seem like a head case. I expected to see him be further along this year. It’s still too early in the season to say he’s not developing fast enough. But with his dumb stuff off the field it does make you wonder how much he has grown and improved.
Move him to Tennesse and 4th round pick for henry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
PFF grades always have one or two head scratching results.

I am no scout by any means but I don't think Tyron Smith had a great game Monday night. On one play Khalil Mack ran right by him, and on another I remember he was walked right back into Dak's lap. I don't know how good a 70 PFF grade is anyways but just wanted to throw this out there.
70 is good but if those are the only two plays he gave up then yeah he was warranted a 70. Not dominant but a solid rating. Late 60's can be ok. But the 50's and 40's? Sheesh.

They've loved Demarcus since forever.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Damn. Schoonmaker is beyond bust bad right now. He was a reach in the 2nd— but he at least looked like he could play a little bit.

He looks utterly lost right now. Hopefully this is just the result of him not having a training camp
He’s a rookie, for crying out loud.