PFF: Jones the top CB, by a mile

condoin125

Reaction score
It took them 3 seasons to figure out he wasn't a FS and that he was always a true CB. It took every analyst and cowboys fan 2 games to figure out Byron wasn't very good playing the center fielder role.
LMAO, that's funny since he didn't get to play that role all of last year at all....he was stuck playing in the box and following TEs around....Heath was playing FS last year.

mardwin

Reaction score
LMAO, that's funny since he didn't get to play that role all of last year at all....he was stuck playing in the box and following TEs around....Heath was playing FS last year.

They were alternating between the two on coverage but he was in there playing center fielder when he should have been locked on a receiver from day 1. The bad coaching on this football team is ridiculously obvious.

condoin125

Reaction score
They were alternating between the two on coverage but he was in there playing center fielder when he should have been locked on a receiver from day 1. The bad coaching on this football team is ridiculously obvious.
I believe they did alternate a little bit at the beginning of the year but it was minuscule....it had to be, because Heath was so bad playing the run last year that we would get destroyed on the ground when he was playing the box. Heath is also bad at trying to cover a TE. Stephen Jones even commented on Byron Jones being played as a box safety after the season ended instead of playing deep. He was pretty good playing deep and covering the ball but was forced into a safety role that didn't allow him to use his abilities well.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No. He's got an ankle injury. Please try to follow along.
Beta male. Lewis is posting up a better PFF grade than chido atm. He's played better as well using the eye test. Lewis was our best corner last season

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Another issue I have with the coaching staff

WHY THE **** ARE YOU THEY PLAYING ONE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS ON 53% OF SPECIAL TEAMS SNAPS. THAT'S MORONIC AND BEGGING FOR BYRON TO GET HURT

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, but you're good at taking sound bites.. Do you do marketing?

I said he is performing at that level, as of what we have seen this season, I am not commenting or alluding to performance before or after the selected period of games under observation. I based my conclusion based on the stats provided by Pro Football Focus.

Is the interrogation over?

You're literally misquoting yourself.

You said "[...] you were sitting on HOF-level talent at CB."

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, it was obvious. Especially since Richard said it, multiple times..

“Prototypical,” Richard said. “Fantastic athlete, size, length, speed.” - May
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...rfect-player-for-cb-under-kris-richard-459326

"“He’s long. He’s got strength. He’s got speed. He can jump over this place,” Richard said. “He certainly does fit the profile.” - June
http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...nes-showing-hes-a-fit-for-kris-richards-style

“Having a guy of his stature, the physicality, the speed. He’s got all the tools,” - July
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article215754690.html

It didn't take film study to know that Byron is the protoype.

I only point it out because most others were still on the "Byron Jones Sucks" mantra.

People like you claim things are easy but rarely predict anything correctly.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I only point it out because most others were still on the "Byron Jones Sucks" mantra.

People like you claim things are easy but rarely predict anything correctly.
Lol, no, you pointed it out to pat yourself on the back. Just like you always did with Parnell.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Still, I mean, come on.... you were sitting on HOF-level talent at CB. He is smoking the rest of the CBs in the league right now, like it isn't even close. It is Jerry Rice vs Roy Williams level. Just look at the # of snaps played. Nearly 75% higher than anyone in the rest of the top 10.

Plenty of games left, that could change, but as of now, simply unreal.

Smoking them at what? Do you honestly know what these grades rate? It's certainly not the ability to catch the football.

Prince is 2nd for god sakes and we know he's not any good.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Just imagine if instead of wasting him at Safety for the past few years, he was building his skill-set as a CB. We may have squashed his HOF potential.... but if this play is any indication, he'll overcome the lost years. Just wow.

vBO0nF2.jpg

One way to look at his time at safety is that it forced him to be physical.

Also, Prince Amukamara is the 2nd best corner in the league? What is going on here.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
This should be evidence to anyone, how badly this team is managed. From coaching up through the GM.

Doomsay

Reaction score
One way to look at his time at safety is that it forced him to be physical.

Also, Prince Amukamara is the 2nd best corner in the league? What is going on here.
Yet, he wasn’t physical or even remotely tacklie.