PFF: Jones the top CB, by a mile

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not to be overly critical but Byron was approximately average as a SS, where he had been assigned previously. As a CB, he's now ben credited for being at the top of the list at that position. I'd say this obviously reflects a considerable improvement over the past.

IMO, he was never a bust, as so many on this website have contended previously. It seems expectations are routinely extremely demanding for first round draft picks. Anyhow, I'd venture to say we're all relieved to see him doing so well at present. His skills at CB are pretty undeniable now.

Last edited:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Not to be overly critical but Byron was close to average as a SS, where he was assigned previously. As a CB, he's now being credited for being at the top of the list at that position. This reflects a vast improvement. He was never a bust, imho, as some have contended in the past, however.
Yet he was not living up to expectations at S.

Now he is exceeding anyone's hopes.

It all comes down to the hilarious / sad fact that our front office played him at the wrong position.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yet he was not living up to expectations at S.

Now he is exceeding anyone's hopes.

It all comes down to the hilarious / sad fact that our front office played him at the wrong position.

Your reply was submitted before my thoughts were finished being posted. I further went on to say how expectations were extremely demanding for first round draft picks. Granted, it's unfortunate that our FO and the staff stuck him in a position where he was relatively average. Like most of us, I'm relieved to see him doing so much better where he rightfully belongs. :)

Last edited:

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I like Byron Jones but PFF doesnt tell the whole story.

They have Xavien Howard at #29 for example....no way man

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I remember watching byron in man coverage even when he was a safety, he was always solid. Alot of the times he would have very good coverage against opposing TE's. There are only a couple of games i can think of where he played poorly. I remember him facing gronk years back and doing a hell of a job.