PFF latest 100 top free agent list

fivetwos

Reaction score
Folks the Pollard estimation is based on the tag figure, and seems to assume he will be offered it and sign it.

Dallas will not be able to get him for one year at a lower rate. They can likely reduce the AAV by offering a longer deal, but he isn’t going to just accept like 1/6-7. He will do better on the open market.

People seem to treat the injury like a blown out knee. He will be 100% for training camp. I’m more worried about his foot problems from the previous season. That could be recurring.

THATs why you use him for another year while you remake the position.

NO second deals for RBs!! Learn Jerry.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i think Wilson is being undervalued if that all hes commanding, im keeping him for sure. hes slightly better then LVE at less then him id say keep him... i mean easy to see we can keep both if thats their true cap cost but id take DW over LVE if i had to choose.
I think Wilson is going to get a big offer on the free market.

He has some good film out there, and someone is going to fall in love (like a GM under pressure to win) and think there’s even more ahead, and that may be the case.

In our case we then look at what Hooker and Kearse are making, and they seem to like Mukuhamu….so I don’t expect Wilson back.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'd pay LVE that much. I would not pay Schultz or Pollard those prices. Tony Pollard has been great but $10 million for 1 year? Will he take $7 million coming off an injury? I am not gambling money on a RB.

And is Donovan Wilson really worth $7 million a year for 2 years? That seems high even though he has been a good player most of the time for Dallas. And why not a 3 year deal if you think he is worth $7 million?
Donovan and Pollard have been better than LVE lol

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Excellent post!!!!!​

19. TE DALTON SCHULTZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Four years, $58 million ($14.5M per year); $36 million total guaranteed

At this cash I let Schultz walk. He is a very solid player but he is not special in any aspect and I can spend money more efficiently. If the Oregon State kid is there R1 he might be top overall draft target. Ferguson has concussion issues and Hendershot (for now) seems more a depth guy.

36. RB TONY POLLARD, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: One year, $10.09 million; fully guaranteed

Sorry but I am not franchising TP. Let him test market and then decide to match or not. He is electric but he also had a verry real injury and he is a RB.
Do I want to lose TP? Nope. Would I rather have a WR capable of being a top 5 WR2? at the same cost? YUP.

38. WR ODELL BECKHAM JR., NO TEAM

Contract Projection: Three years, $33 million ($11M per year); $21.5 million total guaranteed

I absolutely do not guarantee ODJ 21.5M but the rest I'd do. He'd have to blow me away in a workout to get this kind of cash.
I'd likely offer an incentive-laden deal that topped out above this but started well below.

41. LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Three years, $20.25 million ($6.75M per year); $12 million total guaranteed

I'd do this. Risky I know but I'd reward LVE's loyalty and sacrifice of his body.

71. S DONOVAN WILSON, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Two years, $11.5 million ($5.75M per year); $7 million total guaranteed

Would be my fist signing. This is a steal of a deal for a guy who is insanely undervalued at these numbers.
Agree with everything except OBJ. His knees are thrashed and he's a headache. I'd rather re-sign TYH who definitely has some gas left in his tank to a 1 or 2 year deal and draft some youngsters to compete for a spot

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Listed all Cowboys players plus OBJ.......trying to save a little bit of time sorting through all 100

2023 NFL Free Agent Rankings: Top 100 players set to enter free agency​

19. TE DALTON SCHULTZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Four years, $58 million ($14.5M per year); $36 million total guaranteed

Schultz had a very slow start to the year, in part due to the absence of quarterback Dak Prescott, but came on strong in the middle of the season. From Week 7 to Week 12, his 83.5 grade ranked third among tight ends, including a 76.8 receiving grade and an 82.5 run-blocking grade to go along with 2.11 yards per route run (fourth), 230 receiving yards (fifth), three contested catches (tied fourth) and three touchdowns (fifth).

Schultz’s ceiling may not be the highest, but he’s a reliable pass catcher who can find soft spots in zone coverage and a plus run blocker in a league that has very few of them at the tight end position. He could turn into a good value as a second-tier signing a bit below the top of the market.

36. RB TONY POLLARD, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: One year, $10.09 million; fully guaranteed

Pollard slowly but surely ate into Ezekiel Elliott’s workload this season as the back who clearly had way more burst and ability to break off explosive plays, with his 31 explosive rushes the sixth most in the NFL despite him working as the No. 2 back for the most part. He’s also a dynamic receiving weapon, with five explosive receptions landing him in the top 15. Clearly, he’s a big play waiting to happen every time he steps on the field, but the one knock — if you wanted to find one — would be occasional negative plays, with his 9.3% stuff rate ranking 20th highest among 67 backs with at least 50 carries.

Dallas still trusted Elliott more in short-yardage situations and at the goal line, which is completely understandable, but we’re nitpicking here. Pollard deserves the opportunity to lead a backfield, and that opportunity may still come in Dallas.

38. WR ODELL BECKHAM JR., NO TEAM

Contract Projection: Three years, $33 million ($11M per year); $21.5 million total guaranteed

Beckham flirted with a return during the 2022 season as he recovered from his second torn ACL, but he ultimately decided to take the year off and get ready for the 2023 offseason, which could prove to be a wise decision. Beckham has expressed that he wants a multi-year deal so he can plant roots somewhere, which makes this projection very difficult because it creates such a wide range of possibilities.

Beckham’s postseason run with the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 was epic, even despite the fact he missed the second half of the Super Bowl, with his 84.7 receiving grade through the playoffs ranking fourth among wide receivers. Beckham’s four contested catches were tied for the most of any wide receiver, and his eight explosive receptions were tied for third most. When healthy, Beckham can still be one of the best separators at the position with his trademark elite skills at the catch point.

41. LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Three years, $20.25 million ($6.75M per year); $12 million total guaranteed

Vander Esch quietly played some good football in 2022 after signing a one-year flier to return to the Cowboys following a free agency period that didn’t pan out as he’d hoped. Unfortunately for Vander Esch, he once again finds himself in the middle of the pack of a deep free-agent group at linebacker, but he should do a bit better this time around.

Vander Esch’s 70.8 grade is his best since his rookie season in 2018, and he also set career highs in missed tackle rate (6.5%) and yards allowed per coverage snap (0.49).

He’s expected to return for Dallas’ playoff run after a shoulder injury knocked him out down the stretch, which will provide a big boost to the ferocious Cowboys defense.

71. S DONOVAN WILSON, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Two years, $11.5 million ($5.75M per year); $7 million total guaranteed

Wilson is a physical, downhill safety who packs a serious punch once he gets a full head of steam, delivering a few crushing blows this season with his 6-foot, 204-pound frame. In 2022, Wilson became a full-time starter and logged a career-high 959 snaps, earning a 72.9 run-defense grade and racking up 77 tackles, which tied for ninth among safeties.

Wilson can sometimes over-pursue and miss a tackle, but a prospective team will take that along with his tenacious desire to drop the hammer. He also contributed 13 quarterback pressures and five sacks on just 33 pass-rush snaps, displaying an innate ability to seemingly get shot out of a cannon on the occasional blitz.

Last but certainly not least, while more of a box defender, Wilson isn’t a liability in coverage when lined up deep, earning three straight grades above 64.0 in coverage.

I would take those #'s for ODB, LVE and Wilson, but not for Schultz.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree but I'm liking LVE numbers also. OBJ numbers are a bit high for my taste
Beckham would be getting Gallup type of money, which is like a underpaid #2. Lamb is going to get 20 plus for his extension.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
CB Sutton interest me as he can play both inside and outside. 8.5 million estimated value isn't high at all.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Agree but I'm liking LVE numbers also. OBJ numbers are a bit high for my taste
too high for me too.. would rather trade for Hopkins and get a sure thing. There are a lot of receivers out there outside of OBJ and Hopkins who can also be solid contributors...I think with the negative press the cowboys do make a splash WR signing to appease the fan base and then go ghost until the draft.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
too high for me too.. would rather trade for Hopkins and get a sure thing. There are a lot of receivers out there outside of OBJ and Hopkins who can also be solid contributors...I think with the negative press the cowboys do make a splash WR signing to appease the fan base and then go ghost until the draft.
Hopkins wants a new deal

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup is a bit below that but above 11.5
His base in 2024 is only 8.5M
Realistically, they will restructure him this year and get that number down well below 11.5 cap hit.
Gallup's 5 year 57M deal was very team friendly. And only 23M was gully GTD whereas the deal for OBJ says 21M GTD on a 3 year deal....
Beckham at $11m per is pretty solid. For reference, Gallup is set to average $13.5m over the next 4 years. I'd sign him, LVE, and Wilson to those contracts today if it were that simple.
Gallup is 11.5 AAV which is the number to use for comparisons.

Cap hit in a specific year is meaningless for comparison.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Thanks for the info @Hawkeye0202 I appreciate the effort you put into this board.

Even though we have a pretty good safety room without him, I would run to sign Wilson to that contract.
I second this. Thank you all for info that you provide to us. It is greatly appreciated.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

What matter isn't really AAV at all. A lot of AAV is never paid.
What matters is actual cap hit.

The reality of Gallup's deal is he was set get restructured this year as pre-planned.
Then next year with a smaller base they either keep him or move on.
But the team was never paying big cap hits in the first 2 years of this deal.

tm1119

Reaction score
LVE, Wilson, Hankins and McGovern back

Sign Marcus Peters, A’Shawn Robinson, Kyzir White, and a cheaper RB (Mattison/Singeltary/Penny/Harris)

Figure if a trade for a WR not involving our 1st or 2nd is possible

That’s about as realistic as I can come up with and still likely way too much to ask for from the Jones’

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score

Showing an average of the remaining years on his contract is not referencing a specific year. Gallup's 2022 cap figure was low compared to what's left on his 5 year deal, skewing the numbers.

That's besides the point. I'm pointing out that paying Beckham equal or less what Gallup is making makes sense. Is he not a better player and would he not bring value to this offense?