PFF latest 100 top free agent list

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What dummy would give OBJ a three year deal? I don’t think he has it physically and DEFINITELY mentally.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Great info thanks for posting! Would you be able to post the player from 101 and up since that's the guys the Jones boys will most likely be looking to sign

LOL, top 50 goes in the first week and half, we don’t get busy till week 3 or after other teams are done.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
i think Wilson is being undervalued if that all hes commanding, im keeping him for sure. hes slightly better then LVE at less then him id say keep him... i mean easy to see we can keep both if thats their true cap cost but id take DW over LVE if i had to choose.
Problem for him is that Jessie Bates and Gardner-Johnson are out there as well.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The transition tag isn’t a comp pick my friend. I’m pretty sure it’s a second
I don't see anyone giving us a 2nd for a year of Pollard.

Should be able to get a quality back cheap for 4 years with a 2nd round pick.

Tussinman

Reaction score
You get a 2nd round pick if he goes somewhere else. Thats where you draft a RB
You actually don't receive any picks on a transition tag, that's the trade off of it being cheaper than the non exclusive franchise tag (the salary is less on transition, but you don't get anything in return if you refuse to match another teams offer)

A scenario involving a team receiving a 2nd rounder would be if the player was a restricted free agent (RFA) and you placed a 2nd round tender on them. If another team beats your offer they'd have to give you a 2nd for the player. The only starter I know of on the cowboys' roster who's a RFA next year is Right tackle Terrance Steele.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Listed all Cowboys players plus OBJ.......trying to save a little bit of time sorting through all 100

2023 NFL Free Agent Rankings: Top 100 players set to enter free agency​

19. TE DALTON SCHULTZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Four years, $58 million ($14.5M per year); $36 million total guaranteed

Schultz had a very slow start to the year, in part due to the absence of quarterback Dak Prescott, but came on strong in the middle of the season. From Week 7 to Week 12, his 83.5 grade ranked third among tight ends, including a 76.8 receiving grade and an 82.5 run-blocking grade to go along with 2.11 yards per route run (fourth), 230 receiving yards (fifth), three contested catches (tied fourth) and three touchdowns (fifth).

Schultz’s ceiling may not be the highest, but he’s a reliable pass catcher who can find soft spots in zone coverage and a plus run blocker in a league that has very few of them at the tight end position. He could turn into a good value as a second-tier signing a bit below the top of the market.

36. RB TONY POLLARD, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: One year, $10.09 million; fully guaranteed

Pollard slowly but surely ate into Ezekiel Elliott’s workload this season as the back who clearly had way more burst and ability to break off explosive plays, with his 31 explosive rushes the sixth most in the NFL despite him working as the No. 2 back for the most part. He’s also a dynamic receiving weapon, with five explosive receptions landing him in the top 15. Clearly, he’s a big play waiting to happen every time he steps on the field, but the one knock — if you wanted to find one — would be occasional negative plays, with his 9.3% stuff rate ranking 20th highest among 67 backs with at least 50 carries.

Dallas still trusted Elliott more in short-yardage situations and at the goal line, which is completely understandable, but we’re nitpicking here. Pollard deserves the opportunity to lead a backfield, and that opportunity may still come in Dallas.

38. WR ODELL BECKHAM JR., NO TEAM

Contract Projection: Three years, $33 million ($11M per year); $21.5 million total guaranteed

Beckham flirted with a return during the 2022 season as he recovered from his second torn ACL, but he ultimately decided to take the year off and get ready for the 2023 offseason, which could prove to be a wise decision. Beckham has expressed that he wants a multi-year deal so he can plant roots somewhere, which makes this projection very difficult because it creates such a wide range of possibilities.

Beckham’s postseason run with the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 was epic, even despite the fact he missed the second half of the Super Bowl, with his 84.7 receiving grade through the playoffs ranking fourth among wide receivers. Beckham’s four contested catches were tied for the most of any wide receiver, and his eight explosive receptions were tied for third most. When healthy, Beckham can still be one of the best separators at the position with his trademark elite skills at the catch point.

41. LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Three years, $20.25 million ($6.75M per year); $12 million total guaranteed

Vander Esch quietly played some good football in 2022 after signing a one-year flier to return to the Cowboys following a free agency period that didn’t pan out as he’d hoped. Unfortunately for Vander Esch, he once again finds himself in the middle of the pack of a deep free-agent group at linebacker, but he should do a bit better this time around.

Vander Esch’s 70.8 grade is his best since his rookie season in 2018, and he also set career highs in missed tackle rate (6.5%) and yards allowed per coverage snap (0.49).

He’s expected to return for Dallas’ playoff run after a shoulder injury knocked him out down the stretch, which will provide a big boost to the ferocious Cowboys defense.

71. S DONOVAN WILSON, DALLAS COWBOYS

Contract Projection: Two years, $11.5 million ($5.75M per year); $7 million total guaranteed

Wilson is a physical, downhill safety who packs a serious punch once he gets a full head of steam, delivering a few crushing blows this season with his 6-foot, 204-pound frame. In 2022, Wilson became a full-time starter and logged a career-high 959 snaps, earning a 72.9 run-defense grade and racking up 77 tackles, which tied for ninth among safeties.

Wilson can sometimes over-pursue and miss a tackle, but a prospective team will take that along with his tenacious desire to drop the hammer. He also contributed 13 quarterback pressures and five sacks on just 33 pass-rush snaps, displaying an innate ability to seemingly get shot out of a cannon on the occasional blitz.

Last but certainly not least, while more of a box defender, Wilson isn’t a liability in coverage when lined up deep, earning three straight grades above 64.0 in coverage.

Hope we can resign Wilson

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not true.

Cut 2023: AAV = 23M
Cut 2024: AAV = 11.5M

Overall contract AAV = 11.5M
We locked in a bad 2 year deal, having the option to keep him for some cheaper future years when maybe he had played himself into a better player.

With the league cap heading up, I could see Gallup playing his way into 8.5 mil not looking so bad in 2024. Especially if Tolbert continues to disappoint, which seems likely.

I hated the contract when it came out, but we locked into the bad part. There may get an ok year or two post guaranteed money.

TheHerd

Reaction score
If Bradberry would sign two years for 24M, I'm all in.