Twitter: PFF lists the best cornerbacks available 2021 draft, free agency and/or trade

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty sure at least one, maybe two from this list we wear the star next season

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-cornerbacks-available-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-and-free-agency
Best cornerbacks available in the 2021 NFL Draft and free agency
USATSI_13998917_168392721_lowres.jpg

Feb 2, 2020; Miami Gardens, Florida, USA; San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman (25) reacts during Super Bowl LIV against the Kansas City Chiefs at Hard Rock Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

By Steve Palazzolo
Feb 4, 2021
It’s team-building season, and that means all 32 franchises are spending countless hours figuring out how to shape their respective rosters for 2021 and beyond. One of the big decisions is where to add talent, whether from the NFL draft, in free agency or via trade. Teams assess their weaknesses and look at all potential options in a given position group.

In this series, we’ll investigate the strengths and weaknesses of all positions this offseason with an eye toward the draft, free agency and potential trade options. Here’s a look at the 2021 offseason cornerback market.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-cornerbacks-available-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-and-free-agency

Feb 2, 2020; Miami Gardens, Florida, USA; San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman (25) reacts during Super Bowl LIV against the Kansas City Chiefs at Hard Rock Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

By Steve Palazzolo
Feb 4, 2021
It’s team-building season, and that means all 32 franchises are spending countless hours figuring out how to shape their respective rosters for 2021 and beyond. One of the big decisions is where to add talent, whether from the NFL draft, in free agency or via trade. Teams assess their weaknesses and look at all potential options in a given position group.

In this series, we’ll investigate the strengths and weaknesses of all positions this offseason with an eye toward the draft, free agency and potential trade options. Here’s a look at the 2021 offseason cornerback market.

Verrett might be a bargain due to his injury history. Buying corners on the open market is just so expensive.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Verrett might be a bargain due to his injury history. Buying corners on the open market is just so expensive.
Agreed.

Big Verrett fan.

2 for 12 ought to get it done also.

Some may see it as dumpster diving again, but I think this guy actually has something left.

If he has finally dropped the injury bug he will play another five plus years in the league.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Man I would love to draft Farley but the more I read up on him I just don't think he will make it to our pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agreed.

Big Verrett fan.

2 for 12 ought to get it done also.

Some may see it as dumpster diving again, but I think this guy actually has something left.

If he has finally dropped the injury bug he will play another five plus years in the league.
The 49ers already are expecting to lose Sherman, they probably will try to retain Verrett at a discount price. This is a team to watch, jumping in front of us to land their corner.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Is Farley really a better player than the available linebackers based on his 1 good year?

Lots of "experts" will say he is. Lots of "experts" will say he isn't.

Until he's drafted and for a couple of years after that, it's an unknown. The draft is largely a guessing game anyway...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Farley positional value is so much greater then an off the ball linebacker. He has potential #1 CB traits and legit ball skills.
Ok positional value. Because if its bpa I cant see farley being better than the linebackers after 1 year. But I think people undervalue good linebacker play.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ok positional value. Because if its bpa I cant see farley being better than the linebackers after 1 year. But I think people undervalue good linebacker play.
Which Linebacker are you talking about-Parsons?

Loso86

Reaction score

By Steve Palazzolo
Feb 4, 2021

Their numbers must be off because according to some in this zone, Sherman is old and washed up

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Keep in mind LBers jobs are to tackle/hit, more than any other position. Why of course, it's they're usually leaders in tackles but it takes a toll on their bodies, meaning lots of nicks and injuries. It's one of the reason why they're rarely drafted top 10.