Twitter: PFF lists the best cornerbacks available 2021 draft, free agency and/or trade

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'd like to see him tried in that role. Our DB coach once helped Charles Woodson shine in a conversion to FS, so he might could do it again. However, I think we're more likely to sign someone like Keanu Neal because Peterson will be too pricey.
Neal would just take Wilson's SS spot. Not a cover 1 guy that they need.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think Dallas would try to slide Wilson over to FS and then have him compete with a draft pick for the spot.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Was looking at the list of free agent Corners....

When/how did we lose Chris Westry to the Ravens?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Is Farley really a better player than the available linebackers based on his 1 good year?
There are lots of questions on Farley. 1 year at CB. Inexperienced and not as effective in zone. Best in man, but again, has a lot to learn. He may be the fastest, but he also may not be ready to start in the NFL right away. Surtain is definitely the most NFL CB, the most experienced, but if he runs 4.5 or higher, he’s just another #2 CB like Diggs. We really need a speedy #1 who can stick with the faster receivers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wilson is not a coverage guy, no bueno.

I think he's better in coverage than you're giving him credit for being, but I'm not saying what I want to happen, but more what I expect to happen.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Neal is trash. He isn't taking anything from wilson unless its given to him like darian thompson. Hes just a name. Wilson has as many picks in 1 year as neal in 4. You like that talking point right?

Excuse me, 5 years lmao

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Neal is trash. He isn't taking anything from wilson unless its given to him like darian thompson. Hes just a name. Wilson has as many picks in 1 year as neal in 4. You like that talking point right?

Excuse me, 5 years lmao
You are so clueless. I'm not wanting to sign Neal. But if they did they play the same position.

cristglo

Reaction score
There are lots of questions on Farley. 1 year at CB. Inexperienced and not as effective in zone. Best in man, but again, has a lot to learn. He may be the fastest, but he also may not be ready to start in the NFL right away. Surtain is definitely the most NFL CB, the most experienced, but if he runs 4.5 or higher, he’s just another #2 CB like Diggs. We really need a speedy #1 who can stick with the faster receivers.

Where Surtain land in the draft is going to be based on his 40 time. He plays faster IMO on the field and is the better CB. Farley is the better CB with speed based on his one yr play, but he has injury problems and took a year off. Farley will blaze on his 40 times and teams will overlook his lack of experience. It wont surprise me if Farley goes before Surtain. Jaycee is a pretty good CB but he is grabsy and may not get away with his aggression in the NFL like he did in College.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't think so. Sherman was very good in 2019. His play slumped some last year because of injury. The question with him really is age.

Dix had been performing poorly for several years.
Well a couple of things...Sherman was fine in 2019, but poor in 2020. Recency matters, especially at that age.

But more to the point...he's a stop-gap, cheaper option than the more premium FAs. So in that sense, it's the same thing.