Twitter: PFF lists the best cornerbacks available 2021 draft, free agency and/or trade

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Verrett might be a bargain due to his injury history. Buying corners on the open market is just so expensive.

It would definitely be typical for us to get a corner ranked lower than the one we'll lose in FA. Not that I want Awuzie back, but I'd actually like to see us use free agency to upgrade instead of downgrade.

Carson

Reaction score
I think he could be a better fit as the ball hawking FS than as a corner.

Im sure King will want to be paid like a corner. I believe he only shifted to safety due to James being out. Jenkins played FS

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys are going to have to ask themselves is it smarter to re-sign Chido or sign one of these guys because he's ranked right there outside of the top 5. This is assuming Chido will be cheaper than most of them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cowboys are going to have to ask themselves is it smarter to re-sign Chido or sign one of these guys because he's ranked right there outside of the top 5. This is assuming Chido will be cheaper than most of them.
Yup. Adulting stuff here. Devil you know or devil you don't decision.
Chido is a better raw athlete than any of the guys around his level which basically means he has a higher ceiling than most of the guys we'd consider around his salary.

Sherman for instance sounds great but chances he's a better CB in 2 years than Chido is really really low imho.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Awuzie played his entire career in Arlington out of position. He was a safety in college/NB with the school record for sacks by a DB. He will sign with an NFL team and get a Super Bowl ring or quadruple the playoff appearances he had in Arlington like everyone else who leaves the Arlington Jonesboys since 1995.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It would definitely be typical for us to get a corner ranked lower than the one we'll lose in FA. Not that I want Awuzie back, but I'd actually like to see us use free agency to upgrade instead of downgrade.
You're not getting an immediate upgrade to Chido via draft or FA.

You can hope to get a comparable player cheaper by "bargain hunting" in FA or you can hope to get a better long-term talent in the draft. But you're not getting a 1-for-1 upgrade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yup. Adulting stuff here. Devil you know or devil you don't decision.
Chido is a better raw athlete than any of the guys around his level which basically means he has a higher ceiling than most of the guys we'd consider around his salary.

Sherman for instance sounds great but chances he's a better CB in 2 years than Chido is really really low imho.
I agree. I do wonder what the market is for him. I'm hoping its closer to what Anthony Brown gets than some big time deal.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Jok/Collins. Parsons would be my third choice since he didnt show pass coverage like the other 2

In my opinion, JOK is the only one that is close to being worth that 10th overall pick, just don't know how we would use him. Collins for what I gather is a better fit in a 3-4 alignment, once Quinn was hired, Collins started to fall off our radar. Parsons is the interesting one, due to upside, he is like Farley in that retrospect. However, we don't know how good he is in coverage, has issues with misdirection and we haven't even discussed his immaturity concerns. If we are going to take a off the ball LB at 10, he better be a legit 3 day player in this league.

I have no problem trading back for either of the three, along with Nick Bolton, but think taking at 10 is too high as each has question marks with their games and or fits within our defense.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I know it's frustrating, but their strategy is crystal clear, sign a bridge, low level starter to cover themselves in the draft as it can be very unexpected. Draft a future starter and develop him. Once he is ready to assume the starter's role, that veteran's contract expires.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
In my opinion, JOK is the only one that is close to being worth that 10th overall pick, just don't know how we would use him. Collins for what I gather is a better fit in a 3-4 alignment, once Quinn was hired, Collins started to fall off our radar. Parsons is the interesting one, due to upside, he is like Farley in that retrospect. However, we don't know how good he is in coverage, has issues with misdirection and we haven't even discussed his immaturity concerns. If we are going to take a off the ball LB at 10, he better be a legit 3 day player in this league.

I have no problem trading back for either of the three, along with Nick Bolton, but think taking at 10 is too high as each has question marks with their games and or fits within our defense.
I think we can play base defense with jok or collins. Especially JOK. And i dont see why collins is a 3-4 guy. He can play in any defense and is just as good a prospect as a tremaine edmunds. They are both worthy of top 10 for their coversge ability. Reason I wouldnt draft parsons is because he's never shown that he can cover.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys would end up signing a CB not even listed. I wouldn't want to overpay any of those CB with a restricted cap, especially. Drafting a guy seems to be the better play right now.

cristglo

Reaction score
Farley positional value is so much greater then an off the ball linebacker. He has potential #1 CB traits and legit ball skills.
Farley is good but the question is can he stay healthy??

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Man I would love to draft Farley but the more I read up on him I just don't think he will make it to our pick.

I feel either Farley or Surtain will be there at 10. That's if the Boys are looking for a CB. I feel either can start on the other side of Diggs.