PFF: LVE would be 1st overall pick in a 2018 redraft

Etchyboy

Reaction score
Nahh... Mayfield would still be #1 since that is what the Browns needed. I wonder if the Giants would have picked him up instead of Barkley? If not them then definitely the Broncos would have gotten him.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
The Cult. Very top on my list of fav bands.

Well, yeah. Heavy Doors influence.

I had some time for the Cult back in the day. But I saw them at 2014 Coachella. It was a trainwreck. Proof that rock ‘n roll (call it alternative, or indy, or whatever, but it’s just rock ‘n roll) is a young man’s game.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I wonder if the Giants would have picked him up instead of Barkley? If not them then definitely the Broncos would have gotten him.

No, the Giants would have taken Barkley no matter what. And no matter what, they will look like idiots a year from now when Eli is gone and some Drew Henson type is playing QB for them.

Or maybe they will do what the Eagles did and trade a pile of premium draft picks for a QB that may or may not be the answer.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Right he was a surprise early 2nd round pick but my point was the two players I coveted at those positions to take early in the draft are better players than the guys the Cowboys got.

Ridley is better than Gallup. Leonard is better than Vander Esch.

Which can only mean I am better than Will McClay.

He was a surprise second-round pick to you. For all we know, the Cowboys thought he would go early in the second round. That means they got their guy (LVE) and you wouldn't have got yours (Leonard) unless you would have traded up for him after taking Ridley.

To say you coveted the better players would be like McClay saying he wanted Vea in the first round. It doesn't matter because Vea wasn't available. We don't really have any idea who McClay coveted, only who was available and who we took.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Right he was a surprise early 2nd round pick but my point was the two players I coveted at those positions to take early in the draft are better players than the guys the Cowboys got.

Ridley is better than Gallup. Leonard is better than Vander Esch.

Which can only mean I am better than Will McClay.
I wanted Nick Chubb and Bradley Chubb..... I am a genius too

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF is stupid. However, let this be a lesson to anybody stupid enough to root for losses for draft position. Every year, outstanding players are available all over the first round.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
PFF is stupid. However, let this be a lesson to anybody stupid enough to root for losses for draft position. Every year, outstanding players are available all over the first round.
I had the biggest arguments with the board about the difference between 16 and 19 being negligible

Historically 19 has performed better than 16 for some odd reason but it is a quirky fact

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had the biggest arguments with the board about the difference between 16 and 19 being negligible

Historically 19 has performed better than 16 for some odd reason but it is a quirky fact

Quirky, but draft history is riddled with good teams selecting guys in the middle of the round and putting them in good positions and the pick panning out. And with bad teams putting high picks in terrible positions and ruining them. Scuttling a season for draft position is so stupid. I don’t get how so many people think that way.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Quirky, but draft history is riddled with good teams selecting guys in the middle of the round and putting them in good positions and the pick panning out. And with bad teams putting high picks in terrible positions and ruining them. Scuttling a season for draft position is so stupid. I don’t get how so many people think that way.
All they see is 16 vs 19 and are too lazy or just incapable in the ability to look beyond that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I won't argue with an idiot.

Just "like" this comment and don't reply.

Thank you, kindly.

Next time be slow to speak and long to think when you don’t have a clue of what you’re talking about. Attempting to go back and fix things retroactively to save face is transparent.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
He won’t. He’s short without the technical mechanics or deep ball of russel Wilson and drew brees.

Shown a low IQ given his criminal history. At best he’s middle tier quarterback. Great comparison is Andy dalton with a lot more athleticism
He won’t. He’s short without the technical mechanics or deep ball of russel Wilson and drew brees.

Shown a low IQ given his criminal history. At best he’s middle tier quarterback. Great comparison is Andy dalton with a lot more athleticism

Baker Mayfield reportedly aced a modernized version of the Wonderlic
Yah, he must have a low IQ. Everyone knows that all people who commit crimes are stupid.

We shall see, but I only post opinions. You seem to think you are posting facts.

Last edited:

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Very happy with our pick. I think Barkley will be the best player of this class.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He gets upset when I expose him.

Those invisible 70 yard TD catch WRs grow on trees.

I mocked Ridley and Leonard to the Cowboys. I'll take that over Vander Esch and Gallup any day.
Ridley is old for a rookie and his services likely wasted here. I'll take our haul. Especially now with Cooper in the fold.

Now we just need to find a qb.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield reportedly aced a modernized version of the Wonderlic
Yah, he must have a low IQ. Everyone knows that all people who commit crimes are stupid.

We shall see, but I only post opinions. You seem to think you are posting facts.

I’m not a mayfield fan but he extends plays and keeps his eyes downfield and that’s a great trait.

He’s very much a knucklehead though. Make no mistake about it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ridley is old for a rookie and his services likely wasted here. I'll take our haul. Especially now with Cooper in the fold.

Now we just need to find a qb.

Cooper's the same age and we invested a first round pick in him as well. if you take Ridley you still have a 1st this year.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Cooper's the same age and we invested a first round pick in him as well. if you take Ridley you still have a 1st this year.

on that, id still take Cooper, i think if you are going to pay the price, Cooper is worth it. I was not a fan of that trade, but I still like Cooper over Ridley . Coop is worth it.