PFF: LVE would be 1st overall pick in a 2018 redraft

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No Lamar Jackson would. He’s the only rookie leading his team to the playoffs. Almost undefeated while starting and smacked the top seeded chargers
No, he wouldn't. He's still a running quarterback. You're not drafting a running quarterback No. 1 overall, Michael Vick not withstanding.
And LVE would not go No. 1 overall. It would be …
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
then it's up for grabs between LVE, Derwin James and Saquon Barkley.
I'd put LVE third because a linebacker is more important than a safety and a running back, IMO.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We both recognize what’s “really” going on.

A #1 pick is supposed to make your team win LONG TERM. Lamar Is doing just that. It may be ugly sometimes but he’s winning against playoff teams Vegas had them down several scores against.

He literally saved Harbaughs job and I’m sure if the ravens had the choice to repick they’d pick him again

Fixed that for ya.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If they win Lamar Jackson will be 70% of the reason why. Lamar Jackson would be the number 1 pick if teams knew he’d transform the ravens into the dark horse they are now.
No, he wouldn't. The Ravens are willing to convert their offense to support him. But, remember, this is Jackson's first year. Teams haven't had a year to adjust to him. Wait until next season. They'll figure him out like they figured Dak out.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I’m not a mayfield fan but he extends plays and keeps his eyes downfield and that’s a great trait.

He’s very much a knucklehead though. Make no mistake about it.

Agree with everything you said, especially the part of not being a fan of his. He's definitely not the kind of guy I root for, but the talent is there.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Cooper's the same age and we invested a first round pick in him as well. if you take Ridley you still have a 1st this year.
Cooper is a known quantity and seen as better prospect out of college and a better player now. Also not an apples to apple's comparison. If we take Ridley we don't have LVE. Instead Ridley is our 1. No Gallup as a developing number 2 and you also don't have the best lb in the draft. But yes you do have a 1 in 2019. The argument some will make is your pick likely to be a better pro than Cooper from the 20th pick or worse?

I also wouldn't have been 3-5 trading away a 1st. So again preaching to the choir.

Go Cowboys.