Twitter: PFF: MVP race is wide open

buddieluver

Reaction score
There is a guy in one of my fantasy football leagues who works for Pff. I had a discussion with about Dak and some of the fans who will not acknowledge his success, he told me at this point the people who still don’t admit he is a good qb it’s something that runs much deeper and they have some personal agenda with him being the qb of the cowboys.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Why care about stuff that doesn't matter?

In 2007 Dallas had 13 Pro Bowlers, meant nothing.

In 2016 both Elliott and Prescott were decorated, meant nothing.

Only TEAM playoff success matters, everything else is meaningless.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's going to be close but good lord, who would have thought our guy would be right in the thick of it.

BTW......raise your hand if you still think he's overpaid (lol)

I think the two teams who get the first rd byes will be the finalists for this year's award. If Dak is one of them, he will be the favorite. Clearly Dak has taken a big step forward since the hire of MM, but nobody ever gives our HC any credit for his development.

Proof

Reaction score

to you. i’d trade any of it for a super bowl but i am of the team and the players who make it up. i enjoy seeing them get awards and set records etc

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thanks, but I'll decide for myself how to be a fan. I'm perfectly capable of being interested in, and rooting for, and deriving pleasure from more than one thing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
These guys have all been up and down but Josh Allen has had a poor season thus far.
Matt Stafford has been very good but the last two weeks were awful and he is without his 2nd WR all year and during that 2 game dip.
Mahomes has played his worst stretch of football as a pro. KC's weapons are dwindling and his OL is pretty much trash.

Right now I'd say Kyler Murray and Dak are probably your favorites with an outside shot for Rodgers who has had the COVID drama and lacks the weapons those two have.
Rodgers was 1st last year but is 9th this year in combined EPA+CPOE as well as 9 in DVOA. Not a major MVP threat today.

Dak is one in DVOA and Kyler is 2.
Dak has been an insane 33.5 % better than the "average" QB. Murray 28.4 is 2nd.
Matt Stafford for instance is just under 20%. Brady is at 24%.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think the two teams who get the first rd byes will be the finalists for this year's award. If Dak is one of them, he will be the favorite. Clearly Dak has taken a big step forward since the hire of MM, but nobody ever gives our HC any credit for his development.
rofl... MM doesn't develop Dak. He doesn't really work with him.
Kellen Moore and Dak are attached at the hip and he has both a team position coach and an off-season position coach.

Dak's ascent has been pretty consistent for 3-4 years running minus his lost year to injury.

Dak was the one who chose for the team to keep Kellen. That is his guy.

Ozone22

Reaction score
If he wins the regular season MVP, I wouldn't be mad. I would rather he wins the Super Bowl MVP.

ArbynTX

Reaction score
Hopefully Dak will stay in the conversation because that means he is playing well.

I really don't care if he wins it or not. Personal awards are secondary to team success.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s not about what member of the team finishes with what award. The team plays, the team wins or loses. If, at the end of the season, one or two of the players are chosen as standouts that’s great and, like you said, a tribute to the individual effort. Will Dak or his performance be diminished in any way if he isn’t MVP? We have a high caliber QB with or without a title.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it matter, Dak could deserve it, but Dallas always get screwed out of any awards anyway. Not that they had any players worthy since Emmitt won it. But usually team success goes along with these awards.
Just nice to see him considered as a front runner.

It will be handed to Rodgers, regardless. It is predetermined. :laugh: