PFF: Offensive Line Rankings entering week 15

DFWJC

Reaction score
We are so spoiled by Top 5 offensive line play that when 4 or 5 linemen aren't playing at Pro Bowl level we think the line is the issue. lol

We haven't had a truly awful O-line since about 2012 or so

Anyway....although I'm not a huge PFF guy, here are their updated Offensive line rankings

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-15-offensive-line-rankings-2021

1. Dallas
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. San Francisco
  4. Kansas City
  5. Cleveland
etc
:popcorn:

Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
fwiw

1. DALLAS COWBOYS (NO CHANGE)
Best-graded: G Zack Martin | 94.6
Worst-graded: T Terence Steele | 61.9

The Cowboys field the NFL's best offensive line when everyone is healthy, but Tyron Smith is all of a sudden back to dealing with nagging injuries. Smith is expected to miss more time in Week 15, but he still gives the Cowboys a pair of linemen with 90.0-plus PFF grades.

La’el Collins being back in the lineup gives Dallas three players with 90.0-plus PFF run-blocking grades. Zack Martin is dominating once again, earning a 94.6 overall grade so far after surrendering 15 total pressures in 12 games and conceding just one penalty.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
fwiw

1. DALLAS COWBOYS (NO CHANGE)
Best-graded: G Zack Martin | 94.6
Worst-graded: T Terence Steele | 61.9

The Cowboys field the NFL's best offensive line when everyone is healthy, but Tyron Smith is all of a sudden back to dealing with nagging injuries. Smith is expected to miss more time in Week 15, but he still gives the Cowboys a pair of linemen with 90.0-plus PFF grades.

La’el Collins being back in the lineup gives Dallas three players with 90.0-plus PFF run-blocking grades. Zack Martin is dominating once again, earning a 94.6 overall grade so far after surrendering 15 total pressures in 12 games and conceding just one penalty.
What games or season have they been watching???

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously looking at the "what it could be if everyone is healthy" list

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are so spoiled by Top 5 offensive line play that when 4 or 5 linemen aren't playing at Pro Bowl level we think the line is the issue. lol

Anyway....although I'm not a huge PFF guy, here are their updated Offensive line rankings

1. Dallas
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. San Francisco
  4. Kansas City
  5. Cleveland
etc

LOL! I was curious to see if they were bottom 5, PFF is a joke. If you guys remember Nate Livings who was a human turnstile for Dallas a few years back, PFF referred to him as a "a stud" after the season.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

1. Dallas
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. San Francisco
  4. Kansas City
  5. Cleveland
etc

So here's my "if this then that" take on these rankings.

If this is true, then Dak is seeing ghosts, hearing footsteps, and making poor reads and being indecisive.

If this is true, then Zeke truly is a shadow of his former self and can't find or hit all the holes that the line is opening.

I'm thinking it's a mix somewhere in the middle of these extremes and the line, Zeke, and Dak are all underperforming. Like a lot underperforming.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

1. Dallas
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. San Francisco
  4. Kansas City
  5. Cleveland
etc

Not really too suprising..the offense is still ranked very high in effeciency% this year...if those are the rankings through week 15 it shows how good the o-line played before...if that is just week 15 ..I would be suprised.

Tussinman

Reaction score
What games or season have they been watching???
The problem is the "eye test" don't match up with the hard numbers and PFF only cares about the hard numbers

Passing wise the offensive line isn't even ranked in the top 20 in sacks allowed or pressures allowed

Rushing wise Pollard and Zeke are combined 292 attempts for 1412 yards (4.8 yards per attempted average).

On paper the o-line looks good. Whether it's good or not is up to anyone depending on criteria

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Where is their video proof? Nothing but words.

Yet, some of us keep providing video proof of this Oline's failures, but you are still in denial.
I'm in denial?

Ya'll the ones the keep making excuses while refusing to see what many of us have seen for years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Dallas
  2. Tampa Bay
  3. San Francisco
  4. Kansas City
  5. Cleveland
etc

But but but but but but but but but but......:muttley: