PFF: Offensive Line Rankings entering week 15

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So I'm guessing that's from an add and divide average. Which means Tyron and Martin are pulling the grades of the group upwards. Or...or, the excellent play from earlier in the year is still carrying this group. Because these numbers don't represent what I've been seeing lately.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Who told you that? Dak or Zeke?
It's a combo of things really. Anyone that knows anything about football knows this. It's not all on one man even though some would like to believe it is one persons fault. Goes to show you that depth is so darn important in this game.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
One of Dak’s issues throughout his career (as I see it so this is basically worse than meaningless) is his refusal to throw the ball away, especially on first and second down. This tendency is even more problematic in the red zone. It’s why the Cowboys settle for so many long field goals. It’s not a talent issue. It’s a tendency that can be coached out.

This is just my observation tainted by the emotion of watching the game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The problem is the "eye test" don't match up with the hard numbers and PFF only cares about the hard numbers

Passing wise the offensive line isn't even ranked in the top 20 in sacks allowed or pressures allowed

Rushing wise Pollard and Zeke are combined 292 attempts for 1412 yards (4.8 yards per attempted average).

On paper the o-line looks good. Whether it's good or not is up to anyone depending on criteria

Also its one thing to say Z Martin is a 94 and McGovern and Biadazz are low 60's but while tryon was in thats another 90 and Collins gets a 90...but wait did those 90's erase the pressure and backfield plays the 60's gave up all game? I dont think anyone was saying "Lets get rid of Zack he is getting killed"...Tyron's guy was not in Daks lap our hitting Zeke behind the line..sure the pff grade averages out and when that helps the LG and C hold thier blocks get back to me. again if the O-line is humming why can we not run the ball anymore?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
One of Dak’s issues throughout his career (as I see it so this is basically worse than meaningless) is his refusal to throw the ball away, especially on first and second down. This tendency is even more problematic in the red zone. It’s why the Cowboys settle for so many long field goals. It’s not a talent issue. It’s a tendency that can be coached out.

He does this and it kills me..even when he gets out the box he will lose 2 yards running out of bounds...Drives me nuts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anyone who watches this offensive line now and the offensive line in week 1 even WITH Zack Martin out knows this isn't the same offensive line. Its ranking seems to be inflated by how highly they rank Zack Martin and Tyron Smith.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I don't see it as that big of a issue. I don't want him bailing out of plays because he's afraid to get sacked.....I think the issue in the redzone at times is they have a tendency to get called for a penalty and it just kill the drive.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Anyone who watches this offensive line now and the offensive line in week 1 even WITH Zack Martin out knows this isn't the same offensive line. Its ranking seems to be inflated by how highly they rank Zack Martin and Tyron Smith.....

Ooh Collins gets a 90 also its like an Oprah show "You get a car and you get a car......

ICP

Reaction score
Earlier this morning I checked around some sites that have supposed current OL rankings and I was surprised to find that Dallas seemed to be in the top 4 on just about every one I found.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Two things can be true at the same time

The Cowboys can have the best ranked o-line through the entire season and also have sub par o-line play over the last 5 games or so

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
But but but but but but but but but but......:muttley:

You know what's wild? Slightly off topic, but I checked out your user profile, and literally every single post you have made in the last 2 weeks are negative, Dak-centric posts. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Oh,and Im pretty confident in saying that these Dak-hating posts have most likely gone on much much much longer than just 2 weeks- i just got tired of looking at your post history.

All you do is bash Dak in some form or another. What is up with that my boy??? You got nothin better to do??? What were you doing when this team was rollin' early on in the season? Were you just creepin' in the background, huffin and puffin in silence bc you couldn't trash the franchise QB??? It truly is pathetic.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol. So PFF is good now? However it compliments Dak and they aren’t? Amazing how that works. Also. Look at you talking about Dak in a thread with his name not mentioned.
I never mentioned Dak's name. You did.

I'm just pointing out that the ones blaming all of offenses problems on the o-line are wrong as usual, but then again, what's new?

Also, I never say anything one way or the other about the way PFF grades players.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I never mentioned Dak's name. You did.

I'm just pointing out that the ones blaming all of offenses problems on the o-line are wrong as usual, but then again, what's new?

Also, I never say anything one way or the other about the way PFF grades players.

So there are a bunch of people blaming only the O-line? where are these posts? I see a bunch of post Blaming the whole offense...and then the usual crew going after just Dak....