Twitter: PFF ranks Cowboys rookie class 24th in the league

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
24th? Can't possibly be true.

I've read here countless times how this was an awesome draft, and the Cowboys have been drafting really well recently.

It always looks great in a vacuum. When you compare it to other teams you get a different perspective.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I've read here countless times how this was an awesome draft, and the Cowboys have been drafting really well recently.

It always looks great in a vacuum. When you compare it to other teams you get a different perspective.
Other teams draft really well to it seems.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Who was ranked higher? I'd have to see as well as pff's reasoning.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Had they won the division & 1st round in playoffs, PFF would have them ranked a lot better. No brainier!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I seriously doubt PFF is the best judge at talent evaluation, among the others sources that rate such things. Neither are the Dallas Cowboys the best in maximizing their talent, even if their choices are mostly correct. Hopefully, the new coaching staff will be able to maximize what they'll receive in talent in the months to come after the draft and free agency.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their top 10 is: Bengals, Colt, Buccaneers, Chiefs, Commanders, Chargers, Vikings, Steelers, Bills and 49ers.

Eagles 22. Giants 27.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
24. Dallas Cowboys

Why they're ranked here: To no surprise, wide receiver CeeDee Lamb (No. 17 overall) was the most valuable Cowboys rookie by a considerable margin and finished with a top-15 WAR generated in the entire rookie class. We can't completely ignore the rest of Dallas' rookie class production, however, even when it was a seventh-rounder, quarterback Ben DiNucci, who brought down the class significantly. DiNucci recorded only 51 dropbacks but finished with a lowly 25.6 PFF grade on those and generated the lowest WAR of anyone in the class.

How their top pick fared: Hauling in targets was an issue for Lamb. He tied for the fourth-most drops at the position with nine. Lamb did continuously exploit holes in zone coverage from the slot, though. No wide receiver generated more 15-plus-yard plays by finding a hole in zone coverage from the slot than him (nine). He hauled in 21 of 27 such targets for 325 yards, and none of his drops came on those targets.