Twitter: PFF ranks Cowboys rookie class 24th in the league

JBS

Reaction score
Are you telling me that 23 other teams have 5 HOFers..?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm well aware of it. Al Gore.

I just had no idea that was Gallimore.
It is in my warped mind, and we can leave Al out of the story.
Politics aside,, I just want a ManBearPig again.. I think Leon likes him.... alot

Rayman70

Reaction score
A little silly considering how much contribution we got from them. You can add in Steele and Bernard as well. Tomsula or Nolan did not like Anae or something is my gather on him.
bingo. Its an obvious Bias as per usual at Jerry Jones. I get it...they arent crazy about our owner lol...neither am I, but to rank this draft class that low is very disrespectful. We hit a homerun with it and its still incomplete IMO.Tyler may turn out to be ALL PRO. He will likely be starting at center in 2021. Its kinda dumb to rank draft classes anyway after just a year. I say rankings are cool after about 3 years. That way you have a larger body of work to judge by. Otherwise, this article is just throwing shade at the team. Typical.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I'm not going to say that is wrong. Everyone thinks they see the potential right after the draft and are in a honeymoon phase. Reality for these past years I have seen is that these drafts are not nearly as good as they first seem. 24th sounds like a fair evaluation but we would really know in like 3 years, more really in 5.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Garrett owned it instead of collinsworth youd be a subscriber.

Good one!

Except my positions are based on reality and data and not personalities. Also, I like Collinsworth.

But thanks for the reminder for everybody that I am your catnip. See you in my DMs!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
bingo. Its an obvious Bias as per usual at Jerry Jones. I get it...they arent crazy about our owner lol...neither am I, but to rank this draft class that low is very disrespectful. We hit a homerun with it and its still incomplete IMO.Tyler may turn out to be ALL PRO. He will likely be starting at center in 2021. Its kinda dumb to rank draft classes anyway after just a year. I say rankings are cool after about 3 years. That way you have a larger body of work to judge by. Otherwise, this article is just throwing shade at the team. Typical.
Ya man, Rayman, its just click bait,, and I dont care either what anyone says about what McClay produces, Will is so underappreciated.. its like what the Big Tuna used to say, just bring me the groceries and I will cook the dinner..
WM has been bringing the groceries,, this FO and Jerry and sons are some bumbling fools.
Thats harsh, but that the truth.
Sad but true.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
24. Dallas Cowboys

Why they're ranked here: To no surprise, wide receiver CeeDee Lamb (No. 17 overall) was the most valuable Cowboys rookie by a considerable margin and finished with a top-15 WAR generated in the entire rookie class. We can't completely ignore the rest of Dallas' rookie class production, however, even when it was a seventh-rounder, quarterback Ben DiNucci, who brought down the class significantly. DiNucci recorded only 51 dropbacks but finished with a lowly 25.6 PFF grade on those and generated the lowest WAR of anyone in the class.

How their top pick fared: Hauling in targets was an issue for Lamb. He tied for the fourth-most drops at the position with nine. Lamb did continuously exploit holes in zone coverage from the slot, though. No wide receiver generated more 15-plus-yard plays by finding a hole in zone coverage from the slot than him (nine). He hauled in 21 of 27 such targets for 325 yards, and none of his drops came on those targets.

Imagine bringing down a draft grade by quite a bit over a 7th round pick QB who had to start a game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ya man, Rayman, its just click bait,, and I dont care either what anyone says about what McClay produces, Will is so underappreciated.. its like what the Big Tuna used to say, just bring me the groceries and I will cook the dinner..
WM has been bringing the groceries,, this FO and Jerry and sons are some bumbling fools.
Thats harsh, but that the truth.
Sad but true.
you nailed the truth. That is it in a nutshell.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
^^^^this^^^^ well said.
Watch this man elevate.. if Jones was still paired it would have been a quicker transition,, thats all Im saying on this.
You see a flash you try and add to it before you cut it.
We just keep blindly go for hikes at midnight through the woods, with steep cliffs...lol

RS12

Reaction score
Other teams draft really well to it seems.
You mean the ones whose decision makers have earned their positions and are held accountable? That aren't just finger puppets surrounding the owner?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
This shows how idiotic and flawed PFF is and why their grading on anything should never be considered gospel. They downgraded the entire class because Ben DiNucci played a game.

That made me blow milk out my nose when I read it. What a joke PFF grades are. I dig their site and read quite a bit of their stuff, but they should stay out of the rankings and opinion pieces. They're really bad and it diminishes the rest of the site. It's like it's being run by a bunch of CBZ members who jot down drivel and try to sell it as factual and hard hitting. They are right about DiNucci though. Somebody needed to be punished for that one, and our 24th ranking is just the kind of slap in the face fat Mike deserved for that.

aria

Reaction score
Classic case of this fan base always over rating our drafts. 24 may be a little low but it’s not that far off. I’m sure if PFF had ranked in the top 5 some of you would be praising them.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
24. Dallas Cowboys

Why they're ranked here: To no surprise, wide receiver CeeDee Lamb (No. 17 overall) was the most valuable Cowboys rookie by a considerable margin and finished with a top-15 WAR generated in the entire rookie class. We can't completely ignore the rest of Dallas' rookie class production, however, even when it was a seventh-rounder, quarterback Ben DiNucci, who brought down the class significantly. DiNucci recorded only 51 dropbacks but finished with a lowly 25.6 PFF grade on those and generated the lowest WAR of anyone in the class.

How their top pick fared: Hauling in targets was an issue for Lamb. He tied for the fourth-most drops at the position with nine. Lamb did continuously exploit holes in zone coverage from the slot, though. No wide receiver generated more 15-plus-yard plays by finding a hole in zone coverage from the slot than him (nine). He hauled in 21 of 27 such targets for 325 yards, and none of his drops came on those targets.
Ben DiNucci brought down the class grades significantly? Right there these jokers admit to the world the kind of idiots they are.