PFF Ranks Starting QB’s Ahead of 2021 Season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 817Gill, May 18, 2021.

1. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

4,629 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    Watson and Jackson are garbage NFL QBs, they are great Flag football QBs or college, semi pro

2. BobbyFlame469

BobbyFlame469 Well-Known Member

1,158 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    :huh:

In the one time I saw him play in the AFC Playoffs Watson embarrassed Allen. The difference in their ability to make plays with their arms was jarring. Josh Allen is Cam Newton 2.0 a big inaccurate quarterback who makes who for a lot of weaknesses by running

3. BobbyFlame469

1,158 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    Are big red noses actually heavy or is that just an urban legend among clowns?

irving and 817Gill like this.
  4. BobbyFlame469

1,158 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    Mahomes
    Watson
    Dak
    Allen
    Murray
    Herbert

Top 6 young qbs right now under 30

817Gill likes this.
  5. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

4,785 Messages
    8,156 Likes Received
    I would say the ranking is about right. It's up to Dak to change his rank. Nothing would help more than a championship. It could propel him to #3 by the end of the season.

6. BHendri5

4,629 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    yeah they are heavy, i know a few people with big red noses

7. BHendri5

4,629 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    watson and jackson are garbage nfl qbs

8. Yobwocs

Yobwocs Well-Known Member

789 Messages
    1,972 Likes Received
    Dak kicks Watson's molesting a** anyday. And he's better than Mayfield, Murray, and Trevor Lawrence.

BobbyFlame469 likes this.
  9. BHendri5

4,629 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    yep, I don't mind saying it again, watson and jackson are trash qbs in the nfl., college they were good, and exciting but it was easy to play the sandlot football that they played.

10. black label

black label Zone Supporter

4,691 Messages
    7,187 Likes Received
    ankles pff bra

11. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

8,629 Messages
    11,390 Likes Received
    PFF is only good when it props up a gimp.

12. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

20,556 Messages
    23,692 Likes Received
    You're insane if you think Dak has had better receivers than Watson and Stafford.

Watson had Hopkins almost his entire career and Stafford has had Calvin Johnson. Name 1 receiver Dak has had that comes close to one of them.

13. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

6,097 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    I’m speaking specifically about post-Calvin Stafford. CJ was a crutch for him, Matt’s played dramatically better since he retired. So in the span since, his best receiver has been Marvin Jones, who stacks up as a less healthy Amari Cooper.

And then Deshaun as well last year; had his best year as a pro without Deandre

Captain-Crash likes this.
  14. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,866 Messages
    31,570 Likes Received
    Watson is a very good big play QB who struggles moving the O consistently. He'd be one of my first choices on 4th and 10 w/ 39 seconds left, but as far as a full game Qb, I'd have a hard time putting him in the top 10.

15. Aerolithe_Lion

6,097 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    I understand your point, but most people use top 10 as a title rather than a tangible concept. Like “Playing at an All-Pro level” when technically only 1 QB plays at the All-Pro level in a given year, as he’s the one who sets that bar.

Do you believe there are 10 QBs out there you want more than Deshaun Watson, or do you mean he doesn’t seem to be what you consider top 10 playstyle?

16. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,866 Messages
    31,570 Likes Received
    Excellent question. And a tough one.

All QB's have weaknesses. No exceptions. Watson's is lack of ball control. IMO, this should and can be fixed. His former HC, O'Brien, declared he would do nothing for Watson because he was good enough as is. This was a disservice to Watson, who needs to learn the value of dump passes and 5 yard crosses.

Are there 10 more I'd take over him? Career, one game, present age, what are the parameters?

17. Aerolithe_Lion

6,097 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    Just for 2021 season, team of average players at all positions, what is your rank of your preferred QBs to try and win the Super Bowl, up until DW

18. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

8,961 Messages
    6,133 Likes Received
    We saw it the first time you said it my man.

19. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

7,581 Messages
    9,135 Likes Received
    why are you such an argumentative cornball. Dude admitted his mistake.

20. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

7,581 Messages
    9,135 Likes Received

I really like stafford. He’s been just inside or outside of the top ten for the entirety of his career though. I like the new opportunity and can see him really vindicating himself, but until it happens there is no disrespect, let alone woeful.

Aerolithe_Lion likes this.