PFF talk highest graded Olinemen for 2023

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we need all pros at every position on the line to give choker time to find some guy open. If so they need to be able to hold the line for a minute on each play.

plymkr

Reaction score
Tyler Smith least of my worries...oh wait...i forgot i have no worries....i know cowboys will blow it...obviously i am still really upset?...naww man...to get so

bush leagued in wild card after planting 3rd straight 12-5....yes it must be Tyler Smith that did it all...oh wait he was not even on team first 12-5 year?...hey

dont take it personally....my behind is still so chapped from humiliating loss...nothing against you...i need to slow my roll
I think we’re all still upset. I know I am. I’m hoping by training camp I’ll be more optimistic. It was a soul crushing end of the season.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I have a feeling his penalties will keep him at G. 13 last year, and it’s hard to think a move outside will help that number.
This ^. Being lined up against some of the best athletes on the line will place Tyler in more vunerable positions. It would not be out of the realm of imagination to expect his penalties to increase if he shifts to LT.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm not sure he couldn't be better at LT.

The move never made sense to me. Maybe it depends on what happens with Tyron. Either way we need best available linemen.
Tyler's biggest weakness is pass blocking undersized guys and handling stunts.
That is why he fell to us in the draft.
He can pick those things up but moving to LG ABSOLUTELY made sense.
If you don't want to spend another R1 on an LT then he probably needs to move out there now but you do lose your best people mover inside.

CWR

Reaction score
Tyler's biggest weakness is pass blocking undersized guys and handling stunts.
That is why he fell to us in the draft.
He can pick those things up but moving to LG ABSOLUTELY made sense.
If you don't want to spend another R1 on an LT then he probably needs to move out there now but you do lose your best people mover inside.
I thought he did really well at LT though and he could've been a pro-bowler. It only made any sense to me because Tyron was coming back, although Tyron could've been the swing and stayed healthy, possibly. Of course Steele wasn't up to his 2022 form and we needed Tyron at LT with an already weakened line imo.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Trent Williams regular season grade was 89, 9 penalties, 0 sacks, 807 snaps,
Tyron Smith regular season grade 84, 3 penalties, 1 sack, 847 snaps
I think we’re good at LT!
6 more penalties vs. 1 more sack.

I'd give Tyron the advantage over Williams on these stats.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I thought he did really well at LT though and he could've been a pro-bowler. It only made any sense to me because Tyron was coming back, although Tyron could've been the swing and stayed healthy, possibly. Of course Steele wasn't up to his 2022 form and we needed Tyron at LT with an already weakened line imo.
Both things are true.
His ceiling is immense at both LT and LG and he can manage at LT now.
But if you have a Hall of Fame LT who has graded out higher than literally anyone you don't need to suffer through growing pains.
Long term you'd like to get him out to LT because you are going to have to pay him massive money so might as well be at the most expensive position.
But I just don't know if it will happen this year or not.
All-in likely means bringing Tyron back.

Reactions: CWR

Adreme

Reaction score
Both things are true.
His ceiling is immense at both LT and LG and he can manage at LT now.
But if you have a Hall of Fame LT who has graded out higher than literally anyone you don't need to suffer through growing pains.
Long term you'd like to get him out to LT because you are going to have to pay him massive money so might as well be at the most expensive position.
But I just don't know if it will happen this year or not.
All-in likely means bringing Tyron back.
There is also the fact that he could be a great T but we know he is an all pro level G. I would rather have someone play a position that they are great at versus a position that they could be great at.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There is also the fact that he could be a great T but we know he is an all pro level G. I would rather have someone play a position that they are great at versus a position that they could be great at.
All things considered I'd rather him end up at LT if he can make Pro Bowls there.
As good as Zack Martin has been he would have been more impactful had he played some RT when we had injuries there.

In any case it is a good problem to have.

Adreme

Reaction score
All things considered I'd rather him end up at LT if he can make Pro Bowls there.
As good as Zack Martin has been he would have been more impactful had he played some RT when we had injuries there.

In any case it is a good problem to have.
That is a big if though. He might just be a mediocre T, at best, at which you were better off having the all pro G.