PFF talk highest graded Olinemen for 2023

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
FWIW, I could see a scenario where La'el Colins becomes your LG and Tyler becomes the LT.
Dallas drafts an OC and the new line would look like:
LT: Tyler
LG: La'el
OC: R1/R2 rookie
RG: Zack
RT: Steele
Depth: Hoffman, Asim, Bass

The biggest benefit of said line would be cost.
That line is worse than last years.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Money shouldn’t keep him at guard.
Tyrone will keep him at guard.

Salary cap allocation is something a real GM understands, which Jeruh has no understanding. Jeruh wants to gamble with gut instincts. That might be ok in rounds 5 through 7.

The most expensive positions needed to be drafted. Other positions that are more cost effective, should take place in free agency.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Lol, you keep desperately holding onto one player like it’s the norm.
Lane Johnson was immediately moved to RT and have left him there because they recognized he didn’t have the lateral quickness to play LT at an all pro level. Same as Tyler!
They had Jason Peters already, that’s why he was kept at right tackle.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Verdict is not out yet on Tyler playing LT. Decision will not be made until Smith gone. We always try to play our best 5 as a unit.

exciter

Reaction score
And yet they draft Andre Dillard 19th overall and watched him fail instead of sliding Johnson over, despite already paying him like a LT!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
And yet they draft Andre Dillard 19th overall and watched him fail instead of sliding Johnson over, despite already paying him like a LT!
Because he was an absolute beast at RT. if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. They were confident that they could find a LT without further disturbing the line. They just didn’t expect that guy to be Mailata.

exciter

Reaction score
Because he was an absolute beast at RT. if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. They were confident that they could find a LT without further disturbing the line. They just didn’t expect that guy to be Mailata.
Right! Lol!!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you think Bass can play C? Hope so. Then we draft T and maybe D lineman to stop the run.
He probably could, but not right now. If you're talking as a starter at least. You want a full season of him learning the position. I think its a good idea though. Really worked for Conner Williams

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RT's are underrated by fans these days. You are still going the be blocking elite pass rushers

plymkr

Reaction score
He probably could, but not right now. If you're talking as a starter at least. You want a full season of him learning the position. I think its a good idea though. Really worked for Conner Williams
I agree.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I'm not sure he couldn't be better at LT.

The move never made sense to me. Maybe it depends on what happens with Tyron. Either way we need best available linemen.
To me his power is more noticeable at tackle. He has decent feet and it appears when at LT the angles allow him to crush second level defenders better.

Reactions: CWR

Chasing6

Reaction score
Larry Allen and Erik Williams literally made opposing defensive line personnel cry. They were powerful sons of *****es.
I remember hearing about opposing DT's, would some how come up with an injury, before playing Dallas and facing Larry Allen.